Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I attended inner city public schools in Chicago from the mid '50s through mid '60s and know for a fact that there was much of the same issues as now happening there back then and I imagine it was the same at schools in other large cities, as well. Some of the bloodiest fights I've ever seen happened inside school, on school grounds, and less than a block of school grounds. Students using alcohol, marijuana and pills of all kinds was already common and LSD was just starting to become a 'in thing'. Surprise police drug raids were not uncommon at popular restaurants close to school where students congregated to eat lunch. We had a uniformed Chicago city policeman with all the official police turnout equipment -- revolver, handcuffs, nightstick, etc., assigned full time to patrol on foot the high school halls and grounds I attend.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everyone with a Members Only jacket should have gotten a beating

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The nun's in my gradeschool would still be doing time!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Last time I got smacked was in my senior year, 1966. Dunno about what happened after that, was too busy killin' Commies to stay up to date.

Who hit you in 66?

Give me a name!

Why? He been gone for quite a few years. And I deserved it.

FWIW, his first name was Curt.

Sounds like a U boat captain.

He was the football coach of a championship team.....and a geometry teacher.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave
You know that attitude flight attendants have since 9/11?

That’s how teachers are since the Bologna Virus.

That’s a very astute comparison and one that I completely agree with.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Last time I got smacked was in my senior year, 1966. Dunno about what happened after that, was too busy killin' Commies to stay up to date.

Who hit you in 66?

Give me a name!

Why? He been gone for quite a few years. And I deserved it.

FWIW, his first name was Curt.

Sounds like a U boat captain.

He was the football coach of a championship team.....and a geometry teacher.

My geometry teacher used to lock me in a closet.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
During my school days discipline was dispensed with the application of wood.

[Linked Image from cdispatch.com]

Yep but you had your choices. Take your licks or get expelled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We don't yet know what precipitated the slap. It was likely well-deserved.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
What the fugg kind of adult wants to confront a minor about an Instagram post?

Were they both hot for the same juvenile male?

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Words don’t constitute a fight. If she’s did slap the kid for whatever reason she’s going to have a big problem.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
During my Freshman summer I discovered the power that Mom's of teenaged danceline daughters have. My band nerd self got to instruct these young ladies in how to march.Naturally the assistant football coaches and stooges would catcall it was all fun and games til the first bottom slapping "In fun relax" A well placed elbow ruins all the fun. It was kinda nice to go from band nerd to full fleged cool degenerate.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
In my small, rural town we've got a raging covtard lib teacher that needs to go. Goes out of her way to punish the conservative kids, mine included. I'm doing everything in my power to voice my opinion. Both of my kids get A's and B's but not in her class. Flips her lid when my kids wear Trump apparel but doesn't say a word about BLM stuff. She's such a hypocrite. Told my kids if they get kicked out of her class that I want the principal to call me. They have told the principal that and it's gotten a little better but she definitely grades way harder on them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Words don’t constitute a fight. If she’s did slap the kid for whatever reason she’s going to have a big problem.

The kid may have gotten lippy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SDLEFTY
In my small, rural town we've got a raging covtard lib teacher that needs to go. Goes out of her way to punish the conservative kids, mine included. I'm doing everything in my power to voice my opinion. Both of my kids get A's and B's but not in her class. Flips her lid when my kids wear Trump apparel but doesn't say a word about BLM stuff. She's such a hypocrite. Told my kids if they get kicked out of her class that I want the principal to call me. They have told the principal that and it's gotten a little better but she definitely grades way harder on them.

Make her life harder if she wants to be a petty c.unt.

Any assignments and projects you feel were graded less than fairly request a full rubric laying out grading criteria with written explanations justifying score received. CC principal and board president. She'll soon tire of the extra work or be exposed.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My high school math teacher did it right. He said if we finished tomorrow's homework in class we could go to the back and play checkers. We all did our homework while he was teaching the lesson. After the teaching part it was checkers game on. Even he played.

I kinda did the same thing as a cub scout webelos leader. We were supposed to have an hour lesson/activity each week. But 10-11 year old boys get bored after awhile. So my deal was properly participate for a half hour, then we will play flag football in the park for the last half hour.

Yeah, schools nowadays can be problematic. I know, my wife teaches high school and intermediate school. Enabled kids, administrators doing the cya and not backing the teachers, etc.

Old guy, old guns.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That doesn't sound like a very demanding math class.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by mathman
That doesn't sound like a very demanding math class.

Not everyone in the class got their work done in class, there was a small group of us, most ranked grades-wise in the top 10 out of a class of a little over 600. I was one of those, but couldn't do the work now. If you don't use it you forget it, and that was 50 years ago. We used slide rules and tables in the back of the math books for certain calculations.

Whether it was demanding or not I have no comparison. I do know that college math was certainly a challenge for me!

In my profession we used both qualitative and qualitative analysis to help reach conclusions and make recommendations. Our office had a PhD methodologist to help guide and review our work. I found that aspect fascinating, i.e. determining causation and the use of statistics in our work.

No, I am not a math expert, far from it. I was more the big picture guy at work, and very fortunate to have highly knowledgeable educated and real world experienced team members to keep me out trouble!

Yeah, a long response for a short comment, but an old man likes to sometimes reminisce about the good old days at work.

Old guy, old guns.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You're an idiot if you think a face slap is a form of discipline from a teacher. Paddling, detention, lines, etc., are forms of discipline, but not a slap to the face.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I graduated high school in early 1980's and grade school was in the mid to late 1970's. After kinder garden I attended Catholic schools with many but not all of the teachers being nuns. I received my fair share of discipline in school and for me it was a non issue, my biggest fear was my parents finding out about it and the discipline my father would dispense at home. That was the big motivation to behave and follow rules. As regards to a face slap, it happed more than once at school. It was a different world back then.

Last edited by ar15a292f; 11/02/21.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (1badf350, AB2506, 300_savage, 7mm_Loco, 8 invisible), 1,367 guests, and 807 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,895
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.