Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
It's funny to watch these liberal rats build their defense stories.

LInk to story

BY JACK PHILLIPS November 1, 2021 Updated: November 1, 2021

“Rust” assistant director Dave Halls broke his silence on Nov. 1 over the Alec Baldwin-involved fatal shooting of a cinematographer in late October.

“Halyna Hutchins was not just one of the most talented people I’ve worked with, but also a friend,” Halls said in a statement, referring to the deceased cinematographer. Director Joel Souza also was hit in the shoulder but is recovering, officials said.

“I’m shocked and saddened by her death,” Halls told news outlets. “It’s my hope that this tragedy prompts the industry to reevaluate its values and practices to ensure no one is harmed through the creative process again.”

The assistant director added he has been “overwhelmed by the love and support,” adding that “my thoughts are with all who knew and loved Halyna.”

Last week, the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s office in New Mexico confirmed to reporters that they recovered hundreds of rounds of ammunition from the “Rust” set. Sheriff Adan Mendoza and the district attorney’s office said they’re not ruling out charges in the case, and Mendoza stressed that an investigation into the incident is continuing.

A lawyer for Halls also made comments on the shooting during a Fox News interview on Nov. 1, without elaborating on whether Halls handed the firearm to Baldwin during filming.

“Our condolences go out to the Hutchins family,” lawyer Lisa Torraco said, but noted that “this idea my client grabbed the gun and handed it to Baldwin absolutely did not happen.”

“The armorer brought the weapon in,” she said. “The armorer opens the firearm. … [Halls] didn’t load it.”

“Rust” armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed’s lawyers last week said that she pushed for enhanced safety protocols on set but was ignored.

“Safety is Hannah’s No. 1 priority on set,” her lawyers said. “Ultimately, this set would never have been compromised if live ammo were not introduced. Hannah has no idea where the live rounds came from.”

Reed, meanwhile, said that she never saw live rounds being used by any of the weapons she handled on the set.

Over the weekend, Baldwin and his wife, Hilaria Baldwin, were questioned by reporters in rural Vermont. In a lengthy statement to journalists, the 63-year-old actor said that Hutchins “was my friend.”

“There are incidental accidents on film sets from time to time, but nothing like this,” he said, according to video footage published online. “This is a one-in-a-trillion episode. It’s a one-in-a-trillion event.”

“But remember, how many bullets have been fired in films and TV shows in the last 75 years. This is America,” Baldwin said. “How many bullets have gone off in movies and on TV sets before? How many, billions in the last 75 years? And nearly all of it without incident.”

When asked about whether the production of “Rust” will continue, Baldwin said, “I doubt it.”

“So what has to happen now is, we have to realize that when it does go wrong and it’s this horrible, catastrophic thing, some new measures have to take place,” he said. “Rubber guns, plastic guns, no live—no real armaments on set. That’s not for me to decide.

“It’s urgent that you understand I’m not an expert in this field, so whatever other people decide is the best way to go in terms of protecting people’s safety on film sets, I’m all in favor of and I will cooperate with that in any way that I can.”

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
It's funny to watch these liberal rats build their defense stories.

LInk to story

BY JACK PHILLIPS November 1, 2021 Updated: November 1, 2021

When asked about whether the production of “Rust” will continue, Baldwin said, “I doubt it.”

“So what has to happen now is, we have to realize that when it does go wrong and it’s this horrible, catastrophic thing, some new measures have to take place,” he said. “Rubber guns, plastic guns, no live—no real armaments on set. That’s not for me to decide.

It’s urgent that you understand I’m not an expert in this field, so whatever other people decide is the best way to go in terms of protecting people’s safety on film sets, I’m all in favor of and I will cooperate with that in any way that I can.”

I imagine it is urgent for him, in order to avoid blame for avoiding safety protocols and ignoring the advice of paid professionals.

Like all industries when safety goes badly wrong- "We had a professional staff to handle it. They are responsible"...

Last edited by johnw; 11/02/21.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All would have been forgiven if they’d just shot Alec Baldwin

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The "not an expert" was touting his gun skills as being "always ready" a few months ago in an interview.......

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

A whole lot of wisdom and humor there.

Last edited by CashisKing; 11/02/21.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

A whole lot of wisdom and humor there.

And truth!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But remember, how many bullets have been fired in films and TV shows in the last 75 years. This is America,” Baldwin said. “How many bullets have gone off in movies and on TV sets before? How many, billions in the last 75 years? And nearly all of it without incident.”

Odd coming from an anti-gunner.

Sounds like all this whole while, guns aren’t the debil.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing more than Libertard Anti-Gun Turds trying to Cover Their Ass.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hypocrite POS Baldwin, hates guns yet was firing them with live ammo. Ironic? Then proceeds to kill a person and injure another. Dems with guns, go figure

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Notice that everyone loved each other. It was a movie set of love.

Now, just like the liberal playbook states, they have to redirect attention to some cause. Like making it illegal to have live ammo at a movie set. That will make everyone feel good about themselves once again.

And as soon as that is all cleared, it’s back to blaming the NRA and Trump supporters to selling all the guns to disadvantaged neighborhoods and directly causing all the violence. The tech industry will spread the lie.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Nothing more than Libertard Anti-Gun Turds trying to Cover Their Ass.

Nothing more, Its not the production crews fault, its not Alec's fault and its gun the gun's fault yet some one has dies, They will don't realize the importance of gun safety.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by RAS
Notice that everyone loved each other. It was a movie set of love.

Now, just like the liberal playbook states, they have to redirect attention to some cause. Like making it illegal to have live ammo at a movie set. That will make everyone feel good about themselves once again.

And as soon as that is all cleared, it’s back to blaming the NRA and Trump supporters to selling all the guns to disadvantaged neighborhoods and directly causing all the violence. The tech industry will spread the lie.

This. And then back they go to glorifying violence and killing and making millions from it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Fox News had an article a day or two ago that said this assistant director had been fired from another production in 2019 for allowing an accidental discharge.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
What a bunch of albino idindonuffins.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
No one willing to fall one their sword anymore.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Has the question ever been answered as to why he fired a second round after shooting someone?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by mbhunt
Has the question ever been answered as to why he fired a second round after shooting someone?

Baldwin double tap.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One shot pass through, hit second person

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by goalie
The "not an expert" was touting his gun skills as being "always ready" a few months ago in an interview.......

Love to see a link to that...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by goalie
One shot pass through, hit second person

hope she didn't have COVID.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 16penny, 64 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,444
Posts18,470,916
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.