Great post.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Its a gateway drug for many. It shouldn’t be in a vehicle and DWI can kill somebody’s grandkids. It does have profound problems associated as its not the same weed as 1970.

Oddly this has been proven untrue. Other than maybe someone may meet a dealer that sells pot and coke/meth also. Smoking pot does not make you want to do harder drugs. As for driving under the influence of anything I am opposed to it strongly.

It is addictive, just look at the frequency of its use and just try to stop using it, you can’t.

Another proven untrue myth. More like people like to do things that feel good. Everyone who drinks is not an addict and alcohol is actually addictive to many. People with personalities that lean toward being addicted are the real problem.

If liberals push it like they do abortion and their other agendas then it must me a society killer.

Ahh the biggie. What many don't understand is that one thing pot does is cause people to choose sides. Those that have tried it know it is not a society killer finding that assertion way to far from reality. So they choose the other side, the left. In fact the BS pushed about pot is one of the reasons we live in a divided society.

I personally don't feel I have the right to tell anyone how to live their life. If you want to ruin it that is none of my business. If I had to choose between my daughter smoking pot, drinking heavily or smoking I would choose pot every time. I would also prefer she not feel she had to hide from me over any of her problems.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
So none of those guys were homeless or taking a s*** on the street before the pot was legal then?

Nah. That’s after they blew all their money on dope. And lost interest in their job.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Apparently there is marijuana and then there is Marijuana !! My friend and neighbor, call him Scotty (as in beam me up) was in the dope growing business before most of you guys were born..when it was serious industry right in the Emerald Triangle. He knows his dope. He still grows a little, but nothing like in the 60's with night stealth missions on the Klamath in driftboats.
I asked him this morning during the coffee visit, about this thread. Pretty much unedited, Scotty says, these new strains of this super high resin content bud is some bad [bleep]. It will f... you up, and it will f... your life up. He rattled off some goofy names but basically I get that THC content is almost double what it was 25 years ago, instead of a mellow high it leads to a state of euphoria that makes the uncautious user to believe they are endowed with super powers. Every driver becomes Mario Andretti is the example he used. Experienced old "heads" he says can regulate it, High school kids...it's as bad as 150 proof rum when it comes to bad judgement.

Just as in alcohol one must learn moderation. The current high proof stuff just means less of it is needed to get the desired effect. If your personality leads you to chase the ceiling of whatever you are getting high on then yes you are going to be a fugged up individual. We all have known people like that and they are not all that common. One of the guys that practically lives at the VFW is that way, he is not happy until he feels no pain. He is a pain in the @ss but he is our pain in the @ss so we take care of him.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SCgman1
How will the legalization of cannabis improve highway transportation for those of us who don't use pot and currently drive triggered dodging the present insanity using our highways?

Your lack of logic is revealing. It is illegal to drive impaired. People still do it but it is illegal. The thing about pot is that anyone who doesn't smoke can easily tell if someone has been getting high in a car, sometimes ten feet away from the car. point being they are easily caught and most pot smokers know this. It currently has been shown that the most dangerous person on the road is on engrossed in his or her cell phone. Texting or watching video's while driving is just about the most dangerous activity I can think of while driving. Being super drunk compares but not as many people do that.

Dog I rescued in January

IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
I don’t approve or support its use whatsoever! Use of that garbage leads millions into a life of addiction and misery!

40 years as an LEO, I’ve seen it destroy people after leading them into other drugs!

Nothing good comes from it being “legalized”! In fact, it is just the opposite!

What leads people to other drugs is that they have to buy it from a drug dealer. Pot is NOT addictive, is great pain reliever and great for reducing nausea (from chemotherapy). Should be able to grow it in your back yard (make moonshine if you want to).

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by victoro
I don’t approve or support its use whatsoever! Use of that garbage leads millions into a life of addiction and misery!

40 years as an LEO, I’ve seen it destroy people after leading them into other drugs!

What leads people to other drugs is that they have to buy it from a drug dealer. Pot is NOT addictive, is great pain reliever and great for reducing nausea (from chemotherapy). Should be able to grow it in your back yard (make moonshine if you want to).

You've never seen a pothead having withdrawal symptoms...

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by victoro

You've never seen a pothead having withdrawal symptoms...

True because it doesn't happen. I have seen people with "pot" hangovers.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Tyrone
One drink doesn't make one drunk or even buzzed. One joint does however make one stoned.
Typical hypocritical rationale; “My drug of choice is OK but your drug of choice isn’t OK.” “I approve of my drug of choice but I don’t approve of your drug of choice.”

Yup

Define “stoned”

Not everyone who partakes goes about to smoke themselves retarded every afternoon. lol

Once a week binge bangers would/will do that.

A person like myself, a daily smoker would use to focus on a mundane job before me. A large task to be accomplished without a wandering mind.

Laying blocks, shingles, hanging drywall, bush hogging a 15-50 acre thicket, drilling and coring a few hundred concrete anchors...crap as such. I was doing the work and selling new work, dealing with subs, other contractors, phones and pagers going off all day.

A few bowls would tune a lot of the noise and demands of these peripheral distractions out. In order to get paid.

The moron laborers on my crew also high, didnt have those distractions. But they likely had their own. Like paying their $14 water bill, was I gonna front em $10 for a mtn dew and pack of smokes.

Jobs flowed smooth, deadlines were met.

I wouldn’t have an alcoholic on my jobsite. They were losers, always had baby mama drama, pending court issues and were mentally and physically sick and slow.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You’ve never seen a pothead having withdrawal symptoms...
How does it compare to an alcoholic in DT’s due to alcohol withdrawal…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
One drink doesn't make one drunk or even buzzed. One joint does however make one stoned.
Typical hypocritical rationale; “My drug of choice is OK but your drug of choice isn’t OK.” “I approve of my drug of choice but I don’t approve of your drug of choice.”

Yup

Define “stoned”

Not everyone who partakes goes about to smoke themselves retarded every afternoon. lol

Once a week binge bangers would/will do that.

A person like myself, a daily smoker would use to focus on a mundane job before me. A large task to be accomplished without a wandering mind.

Laying blocks, shingles, hanging drywall, bush hogging a 15-50 acre thicket, drilling and coring a few hundred concrete anchors...crap as such. I was doing the work and selling new work, dealing with subs, other contractors, phones and pagers going off all day.

A few bowls would tune a lot of the noise and demands of these peripheral distractions out. In order to get paid.

The moron laborers on my crew also high, didnt have those distractions. But they likely had their own. Like paying their $14 water bill, was I gonna front em $10 for a mtn dew and pack of smokes.

Jobs flowed smooth, deadlines were met.

I wouldn’t have an alcoholic on my jobsite. They were losers, always had baby mama drama, pending court issues and were mentally and physically sick and slow.

All things I can relate to other than the fact I am too much of a control freak to smoke pot or day drink.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Use of that garbage leads millions into a life of addiction and misery!
It’s a fart in a category 5 hurricane compared to the damage that alcohol use has caused.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The government has been fighting a war against marijuana for nearly 85 years. And marijuana is still winning. Despite the government’s efforts, the government has still failed to reduce Americans’ consumption of the plant. In fact, it’s still on the rise. It’s a lost cause for anyone who still supports marijuanas’ prohibition.
They've been fighting a "war" against theft, murder, assault, etc for even longer. Should they just give up on those too?

ETA: I love how you call a ticket for possession "war". laugh laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Non-existent, just stop and walk away from it.
On occasion the urge to partake may come about but nothing one could call a withdraw symptom.

Results for others could possibly vary.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They've been fighting a "war" against theft, murder, assault, etc for even longer. Should they just give up on those too?
So you’re comparing marijuana use to theft, murder, and assault.

shocker

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I've seen them suffer from some serious paranoia, become very combative. They have to run out and smoke joint, when they come back they're relaxed and meek as can be.

Had one pothead in the shop setting up a part in a mill. He had it "C" clamped to a couple of angle plates, he was going to use a 4" carbide facemill that had six indexable inserts. We normally ran it at 800rpm & 25ipm feedrate, pretty heavy of a depth of cut. Well the pothead started up the spindle BACKWARDS and hit the table feed lever. Cutter hits the part and the set-up is blown completely off the table. Me and another toolmaker are rolling around on the floor laughing our a$$es off, pothead picks up a lead hammer and says he's gonna kill me. I take a couple steps towards him and tell him he's gonna die trying. Pothead drops the hammer, leaves the shop and burns a number in his car. Comes back to the shop and all is good...

He wasn't the only one I knew that couldn't go 4~5 hours without burning one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The government has been fighting a war against marijuana for nearly 85 years. And marijuana is still winning. Despite the government’s efforts, the government has still failed to reduce Americans’ consumption of the plant. In fact, it’s still on the rise. It’s a lost cause for anyone who still supports marijuanas’ prohibition.

A ticket is just a minor part.

Cost/benefit analysis would likely show that the overall "war" on drugs has not proven effective at preventing drug abuse or issues relating to it.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The war that I referred to has, for many decades, imposed strict mandatory sentences for marijuana offenses. There are still about 40,000 people incarcerated for marijuana offenses. That’s a helluva lot more than just “a ticket for possession.”

The alcohol industry opposes marijuana legalization; the private prison industry opposes marijuana legalization; and the pharmaceutical companies oppose marijuana legalization.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I've seen them suffer from some serious paranoia, become very combative. They have to run out and smoke joint, when they come back they're relaxed and meek as can be.

Had one pothead in the shop setting up a part in a mill. He had it "C" clamped to a couple of angle plates, he was going to use a 4" carbide facemill that had six indexable inserts. We normally ran it at 800rpm & 25ipm feedrate, pretty heavy of a depth of cut. Well the pothead started up the spindle BACKWARDS and hit the table feed lever. Cutter hits the part and the set-up is blown completely off the table. Me and another toolmaker are rolling around on the floor laughing our a$$es off, pothead picks up a lead hammer and says he's gonna kill me. I take a couple steps towards him and tell him he's gonna die trying. Pothead drops the hammer, leaves the shop and burns a number in his car. Comes back to the shop and all is good...

He wasn't the only one I knew that couldn't go 4~5 hours without burning one.

Ever consider that the pothead in question may have been paranoid, or on the way to becoming so, before he ever smoked the first joint? And that perhaps the pot was keeping him from going completely off his rocker.

But, the drug companies and script writers would never tell you that.

And why, if you knew he was a pothead like that, would you folks still have him working in your shop and possibly destroying equipment and or injuring self/others?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Cost/benefit analysis would likely show that the overall "war" on drugs has not proven effective at preventing drug abuse or issues relating to it.
It’s been an abysmal failure. Absolutely and completely. Overwhelmingly so.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1Akshooter, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.