Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by AB2506
Technically they're not moles, they're pocket gophers.

I learned to trap them with a #0 or #1/2 or #1 leg hold trap. You find their hole and dig it out so that the trap can be placed level in the hole and has room to spring shut. Then you use a newspaper or a piece of plywood to cover the hole. Pour dirt on the newspaper/plywood so that no light can get in.

If you do it right, you should have one dead in 24hrs. It doesn't take long to clean them out.

Wrong.

He's talking about moles that burrow just under the sod and make a mess of your grass. Not pocket gophers that dig tunnels and push up mounds of dirt.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Not moles but voles got me. Dam things cleaned out what was left of my green onion bed. I saw a stalk shaking and then it disappeared under ground. Little basturds

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tigerluty
Is mole that easy to remove? i have got a mole and it seems impossible to remove

They're not hard, and there are all sorts of new traps that should be easier than my old legholds. BTW, the moles are deceased in the legholds.

I would like to try some version of this.

https://www.halfordsmailorder.com/the-black-box-hole-gopher-and-mole-trap-acblackholetr

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If she is of the religious type, you should call her holy moley.

The original Frito Bandito!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by Tigerluty
Is mole that easy to remove? i have got a mole and it seems impossible to remove

They're not hard, and there are all sorts of new traps that should be easier than my old legholds. BTW, the moles are deceased in the legholds.

I would like to try some version of this.

https://www.halfordsmailorder.com/the-black-box-hole-gopher-and-mole-trap-acblackholetr

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Not moles but voles got me. Dam things cleaned out what was left of my green onion bed. I saw a stalk shaking and then it disappeared under ground. Little basturds

That's what I get too. Voles.

My female lab used to cock her head to the side and listen for them, pounce like a fox and leave the dead ones on the garage floor to show me what a good girl she is. smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

This is a mole

This is NOT a mole (one room schoolhouse in Salmon must have short changed some Elvis fans)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by troublesome82
I can get really phuqued up sitting in a chair with a twelve pack and a shotgun waiting for the little buggers to start pushing up soil in my general direction! I am thankful beer is so cheap!

In my younger days, I'd dig into a gopher mound, leave the tunnel open, step back a little ways and wait. Wouldn't be long before you would see dirt being pushed from inside the tunnel to stop it up. High brass #6's worked very well.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I pump their tunnels with insecticide mixed with concentrated pepper extract. Seems to drive them out of the yard posthaste.

Would rather kill them but that is a mystic art to its own and I have never had any success with traps.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I've had some luck sticking an extension on to the exhaust of my ATV and sticking the extension into one of their holes and letting the ATV idle for about 20 minutes, as I walk around and plug any other holes that I see exhaust escaping. Gas em!!

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have shredded Irish Spring soap and scattered it around the active areas and they left. Now my neighbor has a cat and she's taken care of that problem.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
What does the last mole in the tunnel see? Molasses. One of my late father's.

Old guy, old guns.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by StGeorger
What does the last mole in the tunnel see? Molasses. One of my late father's.

haha

Good Dad joke there!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Mole worm baits.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Crusader
Originally Posted by prplbkrr
Put out a Mole Eliminator trap. Instructions said to check 12-24 hrs. Got my 1st one in 45 mins. More to come.

Would you post a pic of or a link to, the Mole Eliminator trap? My daughter's yard has a mole tearing it up and my old, spike-type trap isn't getting it done.
https://www.amazon.com/Wire-Tek-100...hy=9018869&hvtargid=pla-707542855648

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by prplbkrr
Put out a Mole Eliminator trap. Instructions said to check 12-24 hrs. Got my 1st one in 45 mins. More to come.

i had a mole detrorying my yard.two months ago I bought same trap and caught him within two hours.u must use the long runs not the short branched ones.the trap works

Last edited by barnabus; 11/05/21.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have the bastards in my yard, hate them

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (3333vl, 470Evans, 257 mag, 2500HD, 160user, 12344mag, 39 invisible), 1,950 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,497
Posts18,472,188
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.