Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
FreeMe Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
How do you like it? What's better - red or green?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All I know about colors pertaining to gun use is that green laser is preferable to red because it is easier to spot in daytime. It might be helpful to look at SiG P365 SAS reviews.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
That is not a factual statement. Not everyone sees one color better. While many see green better, some do not. I use both, and find the green slightly advantageous. The topic of lasers is not even on the table.

In regards to the Mepro FT sight consider this.

What is better for precision iron sight shooting?

A long sight radius, or a short sight radius?

The objective of using the sights is to aid in the precise placement of the projectiles. That is why bullseye shooters use longer barreled guns or guns with a long sight radius.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It is also one of the reasons why guns like the G34 are so incredible easy to shoot well. The combination of the guns features and the longer sight radius.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The Mep FTs are essentially a front and rear sight with an incredibly short radius. That is it. Nothing more. You still have to align the front sight properly in relation to the rear sight if you expect any kind of accuracy past spitting distance. Accuracy matters in shooting events in spite of what many might think. A setup like this deliberately handicaps you and offers no advantage over a longer traditional setup that allows precise placement of the projectiles.

I know I would never want to have to take a critical CNS shot (like someone holding a gun to the head of someone else) with a sight setup like this.

Last edited by Mackay_Sagebrush; 11/06/21.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
How ironic it's called a "bullseye sight." Maybe it's better than using the corner edge of the slide in an emergency, but probably not much more so.

Last edited by Mountain10mm; 11/09/21.
FreeMe Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
How ironic it's called a "bullseye sight." Maybe it's better than using the corner edge of the slide in an emergency, but probably not much more so.

I don't think it's meant as an implication that it's a Bullseye competition sight or even that it's particularly accurate. I think it's a reference to what the sight picture looks like. But yeah - could be that it's slightly better than simply using the silhouette of the rear of the gun.

Upon further investigation, it appears that the biggest drawback of the sight is its lack of any adjustment.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not sure the sight radius is much of a factor with the FT - pupil alignment acts as the rear sight just like an RDS, although an RDS is more precise. If your eye isn't aligned you don't see the dot.

Like FreeMe mentioned, the biggest factor for me is the lack of sight adjustment.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1minute, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 57 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,527
Posts18,472,663
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.