-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why did they stop all controlled trials once the emergency approval happened? Why not continue to gather data and establish safety and efficacy by the usual methods despite the emergency rollout?

Why are they so desperate to mandate it for young children now? Children have never been at much risk from the virus.

I answered a questionnaire inquiring about my vax status yesterday at work. I have not been vaccinated. Signed and dated. Told the plant manager that wasn't going to change.

I could have declined to answer, but while that's crouching and not kneeling, it ain't standing either.

I'm not the only one. We'll see what happens Jan 4.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy

D
dassa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I am still very glad I won't be forced to choose.

It wouldn't be good.

For now. smile

All the virtue signaling by “I’d never” from self employed or retired posters was funny. Now it’s just sad.

Bgg, you're one of the people I was thinking of when I posted the questions. I respect most of the opinions you've posted on here, and I would really like to hear your answers to the op questions.

You bet man.

Why were you reluctant to get the jab prior to the mandate?

Multiple reasons. First, because they were all developed using tissue (cell lines whatever) from aborted baby(s). For me that taints it from the jump. Without getting deep into what that represents and bodes for the future, that terrifies and disgusts me. If they issued tags for abortionists I’d fill as many as I could.

Secondly, they are untested. New technology, and in this instance I’m not willing to be part of the experiment.

Thirdly, the negative side effects are being under-reported. There really is no neutral source of data on them, either supporting or refuting their efficacy and more importantly their side effects. I don’t believe anyone can honestly say it’s “safe” to get the shot.

Fourth, I don’t think I’ve ever had the flu. Never had a flu shot. Not to say I don’t get sick, but for whatever reason I don’t get flu bugs. And I don’t live in a bubble, to put it mildly. Why would I get a shot for something I probably won’t get?

If the govt is successful in getting compliance with this, do you think they won't start mandating other stuff to keep your job?

I believe strongly (not blind faith, but based on my interpretation of the available data) that even if I stood tall and made them fire me, other mandates down the road would force me to either become full on outlaw or get the damned thing anyway. Any other administration would’ve stopped already. This one has proven beyond a doubt they are not willing to temper their goals/positions by making compromises. They are going to do what they are going to do, and largely with the courts’ backing. Without it they will do it anyway. As to “other stuff” that falls in line with your next question.

Do you have any personal lines you won't cross if mandated to keep your job?

Absolutely. This lines involve other people much more than me. Although yes, this is a capitalization on my part, the only party affected is me. I’m not being asked to violate anyone else’s rights, constitutional or otherwise.

Parting comments, my wife supports me whatever I do. She flat told me 3 days ago to say fugk it and try and make a go at it doing other things. We’d make it work. But, as I posted before, my biggest hangup is the health insurance, and as “Dad” my foremost responsibility is to my kids. For me and my own personal situation, that means being able to pay a lot of medical bills.

Thank you. I appreciate the time you spent writing that. I hope everything works out well for you.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Multiple reasons. First, because they were all developed using tissue (cell lines whatever) from aborted baby(s). For me that taints it from the jump. Without getting deep into what that represents and bodes for the future, that terrifies and disgusts me. If they issued tags for abortionists I’d fill as many as I could.

Secondly, they are untested. New technology, and in this instance I’m not willing to be part of the experiment.

Thirdly, the negative side effects are being under-reported. There really is no neutral source of data on them, either supporting or refuting their efficacy and more importantly their side effects. I don’t believe anyone can honestly say it’s “safe” to get the shot.

Fourth, I don’t think I’ve ever had the flu. Never had a flu shot. Not to say I don’t get sick, but for whatever reason I don’t get flu bugs. And I don’t live in a bubble, to put it mildly. Why would I get a shot for something I probably won’t get?

If the govt is successful in getting compliance with this, do you think they won't start mandating other stuff to keep your job?

I believe strongly (not blind faith, but based on my interpretation of the available data) that even if I stood tall and made them fire me, other mandates down the road would force me to either become full on outlaw or get the damned thing anyway. Any other administration would’ve stopped already. This one has proven beyond a doubt they are not willing to temper their goals/positions by making compromises. They are going to do what they are going to do, and largely with the courts’ backing. Without it they will do it anyway. As to “other stuff” that falls in line with your next question.

Absolutely. This lines involve other people much more than me. Although yes, this is a capitalization on my part, the only party affected is me. I’m not being asked to violate anyone else’s rights, constitutional or otherwise.

Parting comments, my wife supports me whatever I do. She flat told me 3 days ago to say fugk it and try and make a go at it doing other things. We’d make it work. But, as I posted before, my biggest hangup is the health insurance, and as “Dad” my foremost responsibility is to my kids. For me and my own personal situation, that means being able to pay a lot of medical bills.

Well said.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
My folks and wife were quite upset Geno.

I get something in my head and that is just the way it is.

Did you know that your face will bleed when someone pulls a handful of hair out of your beard?

Had some bitch do that one night. She thought she could make me do something I didnt want to do if she had a handful of hair.

There just aint much you can do with me.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, it's not comfortable.

Was that gal's name Nazim Kadri?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by dassa

It wouldn't be good.

For now. smile

All the virtue signaling by “I’d never” from self employed or retired posters was funny. Now it’s just sad.

Bgg, you're one of the people I was thinking of when I posted the questions. I respect most of the opinions you've posted on here, and I would really like to hear your answers to the op questions.

You bet man.

Welfare rats get better healthcare than middle class kids. There's nothing a doc won't do for them because he knows they don't have to pay for it. 24/7 nursing care your insurance won't pay for? No problem.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My folks and wife were quite upset Geno.

I get something in my head and that is just the way it is.

Did you know that your face will bleed when someone pulls a handful of hair out of your beard?

Had some bitch do that one night. She thought she could make me do something I didnt want to do if she had a handful of hair.

There just aint much you can do with me.

I’m the same

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well, good luck Gruff.

I say fugg these cogksuckers. Make it hurt.

Get your ass on Medicaid and make them pay for you.

These dillholes that pushed the shots can then bitch about the increased taxes needed to pay for the welfare programs.

You can then tell them to go fugg themselves.

Well....not that you cant now....but you could then too.

Malt O Meal doesn't carry the stigma it once did. Shasta tastes just as good once you get used to it.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Shasta Root Beer is pretty good stuff.

Oatmeal is still fairly cheap considering.

And best of all, Government Cheese melts pretty nicely on that elbow macaroni they put in the free food bags.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by sherm_61

It wouldn't be good.

For now. smile

Whats sad is 25% of the people think they know whats best for the other 75%

You think 25% of the posters here think the shots should be mandated? That’s a hell of a lot higher than I’d put it.

You could be right, but I know quite a few people who are jabbed but believe the jab mandate is B.S

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well, good luck Gruff.

BTDT when we had our first kid. Not proud, but not ashamed as i worked hard to get out of that situation and have no plans to ever be in that situation again. I can tell you first hand, standard of care twixt Medicaid and insurance was a pretty profound. At least when and where I was. And it didn’t favor Medicaid.

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by sherm_61

You could be right, but I know quite a few people who are jabbed but believe the jab mandate is B.S

If somebody ran out to get the shots on their own that would mean they believe the propaganda and bullschit behind the shot. If they didn’t, they would not have gotten the shot.

And if they believed all that horse schit, you can GD sure guarantee that they believe high numbers of vaccinations will keep them safe.

They’re the same Fugking Idiots that bitched about Trump non-stop for four years and claim they voted for him both times.

They’re lying, FUDD, sacks of fugking schit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well, good luck Gruff.

BTDT when we had our first kid. Not proud, but not ashamed as i worked hard to get out of that situation and have no plans to ever be in that situation again. I can tell you first hand, standard of care twixt Medicaid and insurance was a pretty profound. At least when and where I was. And it didn’t favor Medicaid.

We have been on both.

Couldn't tell the difference really.

But our standard of care is damn low to start with.

I am MAGA.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Calif Governor Newsom got booster jab #3 on Oct 27th...on October 29th his office abruptly cancelled plans for his attendance at the big climate summit (pretty much his signature issue) with the news release saying he had pressing family issues. Hmm. Anybody know what's really going on?

Maybe CA conservatives will get lucky.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Don't sweat it man, I had the first Pfizer yesterday as I am not quite ready to roll back in to my coffin just yet.

It is called "personal choice" because it is yours alone to make.

Wow you waited a long time. Why?

Two months ago I got something through the cuts and scrapes on my hands at work and ended up with sepsis, the organs below my kidneys shut down and I got real familiar with the local hospital (excellent care), I worked for a couple of days like that as I am apparently too stupid to know when I am dying.

Still outworked everyone else...which is an indictment on them, not me.

Also explains why I felt like crap for the previous two weeks,...so really...how fucking stupid am I?

As an aside regarding the "how stupid" part. According to my blood work-ups I have previously worked through Hep A, Hep B, Q fever, Ross River fever, Glandular fever, a half dozen meat industry related viruses, and the usual fare that everyone gets.

As the Doc said..."you don't need any shots, you've had it all".

Last edited by JSTUART; 11/06/21.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by add
Doing it for my family.

You wouldn't understand.

Don't sweat it man, I had the first Pfizer yesterday as I am not quite ready to roll back in to my coffin just yet.

It is called "personal choice" because it is yours alone to make.

I beg to differ, when your being threatened with financial loss, denied freedom of movement. Your "personal choice" is being manipulated by someone else.

Incorrect, I have not been subject to any mandated medical interventions, nor have I been threatened with loss of employment. My employer (local council) doesn't have much to say on the matter at all.

Those are your hang-ups to bear.

And no, I couldn't care less if the rest of the world gets the jab or not, and I am most certainly not going to disrespect their decision whichever they choose...it is a personal choice for each and every one of us.

Last edited by JSTUART; 11/06/21.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/580373-newsmax-says-it-will-implement-vaccine-requirement

Newsmax, the conservative news outlet, said it plans to implement a coronavirus vaccine requirement for its employees.

According to Mediaite, which obtained a copy of an email sent to employees, Newsmax told personnel they have to be fully vaccinated by Jan. 4 or subject themselves to weekly testing.

The email noted that the company is implementing the mandate due to Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) rules, the outlet reported.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

674 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,679 guests, and 1,558 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,610
Posts18,492,482
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.