G
why not? I have fun shooting them.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by GF1
I’d much rather be without a .22 rifle than a .22 handgun. I have had my 1968 vintage K-22 for 45 years. It’s been with me a lot of places and in a lot of memories. It is absolutely the last gun I would get rid of.

I believe that could be my thoughts as well! Scope a Ruger Mark bull barrel (pick your series) , and with a good rest, compete with many rifles @100 yards! memtb

This one is like a rifle. smile

Ruger MK III with a TacSol upper, Burris FF III.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
local_dirt, nice!!! What size dot did you get for your Burris Fast Fire III?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by leomort
local_dirt, nice!!! What size dot did you get for your Burris Fast Fire III?

leo, it's a 3 MOA, model 300234. Paid $203.95/free shipping for it back in 2016. I see Burriss has them on Amazon now for $149.99. That's a steal, IMO.

I paid $306 for the Ruger MK III off Gunbroker. The guy was a first time seller and nobody wanted to take a chance on him. I asked him for his phone number and driver's license and we talked on the phone. He was moving TO New Jersey for a better job and did not / could not take it with him. So, I got what I thought was a pretty good deal. The money I didn't spend on the gun went toward the TacSol upper, which I really like.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because it gets more rounds downrange than any other pistol I own & that's not likely to change unless I run out of ammo.

My Hi-Standard Trophy w/ a bull barrel is the 22 pistol I used when I first started shooting competitively & the only way it will ever leave me is when it goes to one of my sons.

MM

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Midway has the ff3 with weaver adapter for 149 free shipping right now.

Just picked up a tacsol barrel for my buckmark, havent shot it yet.

R
RGK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Had this one built (MK II) for bullseye and International. Great pistola that'll do anything I need to do.
Bob

Last edited by RGK; 11/08/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RGK
Had this one built (MK II) for bullseye and International. Great pistola that'll do anything I need to do.
Bob

Well thought out pistol. Looks like a Bo-Mar style rear sight (Kensight?), and is that a Clark trigger I see? I'd love to get my greedy little hands on one of those. Proof is in your test target, that's the kind of groups you want for bullseye competition. VERY nice pistol.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Fun, accurate, low noise level, no recoil, cheap trigger time…what’s not to like?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The thing that separates handgun owners and pistol shooters is shooting them enough to become proficient. For guys who don' t cast and reload the 22lr is the least expensive way to build your handgun shooting skills period.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just ordered up some Herrett's target stocks for my Colt OMT; can't wait for them to arrive.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
The thing that separates handgun owners and pistol shooters is shooting them enough to become proficient. For guys who don' t cast and reload the 22lr is the least expensive way to build your handgun shooting skills period.

Reminds of that story of a young man watching an older fellow shoot a handgun.

The young man was amazed at how accurate the guy was.

He got him aside and asked him what he could do to get that good.

The older guy showed him his pistol and told him he needed to go buy TWO of them...

The young man asked "Why two?"

The Older guy said "Practice. By the time you have the first one worn out, you may be good enough when you start on the second one."

laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Amen RB +10. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I’ve packed a Model 18 all over creation, killed all sorts of critters with it. As a matter of fact, I had it on just this evening while helping one of my boys get a deer out.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

Reminds of that story of a young man watching an older fellow shoot a handgun.

The young man was amazed at how accurate the guy was.

He got him aside and asked him what he could do to get that good.

The older guy showed him his pistol and told him he needed to go buy TWO of them...

The young man asked "Why two?"

The Older guy said "Practice. By the time you have the first one worn out, you may be good enough when you start on the second one."

laugh
LOL. A lot of truth in that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by killerv
Midway has the ff3 with weaver adapter for 149 free shipping right now.

Just picked up a tacsol barrel for my buckmark, havent shot it yet.

You will love both.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
A Colt Officers Model Match, Double Action, Revolver, 22 LR, was about my first and only handgun for decades since 1968...
I used it exclusively for hunting, fishing, camping trips, protection, target practice, etc.

Probably, about in the later eighties, I started acquiring semi-auto handguns and SA / DA revolvers chambered in about
every caliber, except the veneralble 22 LR.

I had lost interest in the 22 LR handgun platform, I even sold my old faithful Colt Officers Model Match, 22 LR revolver.

Now - in my older but wiser age, I have divesrted myself of many of my larger caliber handguns and banked the $$$$ -
as I'm retired, but kept some money aside to buy a few handguns I would never have purchased otherwise.

Amongst them is a S&W Model 41 Target pistol, 22 LR, that is an accuracy-dream come true. Pure, S&W Custom Shop quality!
Also, I acquired a Beretta Bobcat 22, a Walther PPK 22, a Browning Buckmark Micro-Bull 22 - I even picked up a Ruger Wrangler 22.

Some of these later listed, 22 handguns, I bought only because of a close-out sale and thought to profit from them...

But I rather like owning and shooting them.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by P_Weed
A Colt Officers Model Match, Double Action, Revolver, 22 LR, was about my first and only handgun for decades since 1968...
I used it exclusively for hunting, fishing, camping trips, protection, target practice, etc.

Probably, about in the later eighties, I started acquiring semi-auto handguns and SA / DA revolvers chambered in about
every caliber, except the veneralble 22 LR.

I had lost interest in the 22 LR handgun platform, I even sold my old faithful Colt Officers Model Match, 22 LR revolver.

Now - in my older but wiser age, I have divesrted myself of many of my larger caliber handguns and banked the $$$$ -
as I'm retired, but kept some money aside to buy a few handguns I would never have purchased otherwise.

Amongst them is a S&W Model 41 Target pistol, 22 LR, that is an accuracy-dream come true. Pure, S&W Custom Shop quality!
Also, I acquired a Beretta Bobcat 22, a Walther PPK 22, a Browning Buckmark Micro-Bull 22 - I even picked up a Ruger Wrangler 22.

Some of these later listed, 22 handguns, I bought only because of a close-out sale and thought to profit from them...

But I rather like owning and shooting them.

And when are you gonna "rebuy" that or another Colt OM Match 22?

Elmer Keith
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Not sure how many .22 handguns I have. Maybe a dozen or more. They're a great way to introduce new people to handgun shooting. They're also very good for training and hunting small game. You can also throw a couple hundred rounds in a pocket without your pants falling down.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I used to live in Alaska, and I carried a 22 pistol, - not for bears, but for hares, ptarmigan, grouse, squirrels. etc. Great camp gun,
Also, if you need to finish off a deer, a 22 pistil is ideal (7mm Mag tends to splatter brain matter all over you and your gun, if too close).

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,857
Posts18,497,088
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.