Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
This is how I roll now,

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

How are the 15 round mags working out? The metal mag release is a necessity, correct?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I wish those guys (Shield) would get back on their original project of making a 9 to 10-round Glock 43 mag.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Kel-Tek PF9 is only 12.6 ounces.

May 22, 2016 — The handgun used to kill unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012 has been sold for $250,000 (£172,000), US media say.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by JB in SC
This is how I roll now,

How are the 15 round mags working out? The metal mag release is a necessity, correct?

Two thumbs up. No hitches or glitches.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
MY personal choices is based around the thought process of what I actually would want to use in a fight, versus what is comfortable or convenient, though that does play a factor. What I have found size wise for me is that while I can shoot a G26 slow fire pretty accurately, I cannot do so in a rapid manner. Running a G26 through typical USPSA drills I find that the G26 is simply too small for my size XL hands and my performance suffers substantially compared to a G19/17.

I find the G19 is about the smallest I am willing to go, that were I to be forced to engage a couple of BGs, that I would be comfortable with the handgun, my ability to perform with it, and the on board capacity. While I carry a J frame often as a BUG, the G19 is really the smallest in terms of daily primary carry.

Yes, there are a bunch of new guns on the market now that are roughly the same category. Yes they all do something new and improved. But most are still guns that require a holster. While there is nothing new or exciting about a G19, I trust it completely as I have used one rather extensively personally and as a work gun and that familiarity to the point of unconscious competence is another factor that tends to have me favor the G19 (or a G17/34). I don't have to think about running one or lining up the sights or trigger control. I can focus on the threat.

Frankly I consider Glock 9mms to be like high quality utility knives. There is not a single thing exciting about it. But as long as you feed it quality ammo/blades, whatever, it will give you a lifetime of reliable service.

Put the pistol in a high quality holster and a proper belt and you are good to go. The holster and belt play far more into carrying comfort than many inexperienced tend to realize. I see guys complaining about how XX is too big to carry but upon further discussion it is revealed that they put their $700 fancy blaster in a $25 piece of garbage and hate carrying the gun due to discomfort. A proper holster makes all the difference in the world.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Walther PPS M1. The current M2 is not an improvement.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Mrs Walter has the PPS M2 and likes it.

For the size, a 365XL offers more bangs in the magazine.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Clarkm

May 22, 2016 — The handgun used to kill unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012 has been sold for $250,000 (£172,000), US media say.

Nice to be able to drop it in your pocket and go. 18oz fully loaded.
I actually carry all the time and the PF9 is very convenient.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Mighty difficult to disagree with a 19, the trigger reach is a little too much for me so I carry a 43X. I have Mitch Rosen OWB holsters and they work very well with a good belt.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
MY personal choices is based around the thought process of what I actually would want to use in a fight, versus what is comfortable or convenient, though that does play a factor. What I have found size wise for me is that while I can shoot a G26 slow fire pretty accurately, I cannot do so in a rapid manner. Running a G26 through typical USPSA drills I find that the G26 is simply too small for my size XL hands and my performance suffers substantially compared to a G19/17.

I find the G19 is about the smallest I am willing to go, that were I to be forced to engage a couple of BGs, that I would be comfortable with the handgun, my ability to perform with it, and the on board capacity. While I carry a J frame often as a BUG, the G19 is really the smallest in terms of daily primary carry.

Yes, there are a bunch of new guns on the market now that are roughly the same category. Yes they all do something new and improved. But most are still guns that require a holster. While there is nothing new or exciting about a G19, I trust it completely as I have used one rather extensively personally and as a work gun and that familiarity to the point of unconscious competence is another factor that tends to have me favor the G19 (or a G17/34). I don't have to think about running one or lining up the sights or trigger control. I can focus on the threat.

Frankly I consider Glock 9mms to be like high quality utility knives. There is not a single thing exciting about it. But as long as you feed it quality ammo/blades, whatever, it will give you a lifetime of reliable service.

Put the pistol in a high quality holster and a proper belt and you are good to go. The holster and belt play far more into carrying comfort than many inexperienced tend to realize. I see guys complaining about how XX is too big to carry but upon further discussion it is revealed that they put their $700 fancy blaster in a $25 piece of garbage and hate carrying the gun due to discomfort. A proper holster makes all the difference in the world.

This^^^^ 100%.

Manny

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

If one does not mind long heaver trigger pull there is one of the original micro 9s which was an alternative to G26. It was called P11 and can be found on second-hand market in USA depending on condition for <$250.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slavek

If one does not mind long heaver trigger pull there is one of the original micro 9s which was an alternative to G26. It was called P11 and can be found on second-hand market in USA depending on condition for <$250.

The KT P11 is hardly "micro". And yeah that trigger sucks badly. It paled in light of the K9 which appeared on the scene about the same time. The advent of the P9 should have been the final nail in the KT P11's coffin, but so many people believe their life is worth only half the price. Guns like the CW9 and the Shield must have finally finished it off - thankfully.

The PF9 probably isn't far behind - although it's a far better piece than the P11.

And as much as I've liked the Kahr line, none of the above is "the best".

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by Slavek

The KT P11 is hardly "micro". And yeah that trigger sucks badly. It paled in light of the K9 which appeared on the scene about the same time. The advent of the P9 should have been the final nail in the KT P11's coffin, but so many people believe their life is worth only half the price. Guns like the CW9 and the Shield must have finally finished it off - thankfully.

The PF9 probably isn't far behind - although it's a far better piece than the P11.

And as much as I've liked the Kahr line, none of the above is "the best".

Slavek doesn’t own any guns. He’s just full of schitt.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
What’s the difference between the model 48 and 43 Glocks? I just don’t recall seeing here or Lgs anything about the 48’s.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by viking
What’s the difference between the model 48 and 43 Glocks? I just don’t recall seeing here or Lgs anything about the 48’s.

The grip frame is longer and wider (permitting double stack mags) on the 48. Slide/barrel is longer, too.

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
When I carry a 9mm (not that often; I usually have a 2" S&W Airweight on me), I like a BHP. Holster is an Israeli-inside the pants product that hides the pistol well and is very comfortable. Been thinking about a Glock 19 lately, though. It's definitely been around long enough.
Bob

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RGK
When I carry a 9mm (not that often; I usually have a 2" S&W Airweight on me), I like a BHP. Holster is an Israeli-inside the pants product that hides the pistol well and is very comfortable. Been thinking about a Glock 19 lately, though. It's definitely been around long enough.
Bob

These are not bad if you find aluminum alloy framed one once used by police departments in certain European countries (not sure if Belgium, Denmark or Holland?) Unfortunately in USA uncommon means big $, but if you can manage DA/SA you can find bargain in form of Gen 3 S&W alloy framed pistols. The compacts had 12 round magazines and were DA/SA or DAO configuration. These can be found in 9x19 or .40S&W for <$400 even if in excellent condition ie much < SIG or BHP.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

Ok, but not everyone is in top shape with little body fat. Fat people will need suspenders to keep large/heavier gun up and clothing does not simply drape down past their waist, therefore, concealment will be more difficult for them.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
There is no such thing as a "best" CC 9mm. As long as you stay with the offerings of Glock, S&W, Springfield, SIG, Ruger, Kahr, Walther, etc, you can't go wrong. Just pick the one that is "best" for you.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by JB in SC
This is how I roll now,

The metal mag release is recommended. I could see where metal against polymer could cause some wear issues down the road.

Here's a good vid covering the 43X and the Shield magazines with 15-round, and extended with 20-round capacities.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1_deuce, 1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,548 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,560
Posts18,473,140
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.