MM

Gotcha that’s what I read, thanks.

JB

GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Swapping out the mag release is easy to do.

I needed a hooked tool to lift the mag release spring out of it's recess, I just took a Makarov cleaning rod that I have, and bent the tip over 90 degrees. Worked great. Popped the spring up, then needle-nose pliers to pull it out. The rest of the swap was intuitive, and took less than one minute.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I've tried many of the subcompacts and the Sig P365 is where I settled.

This goes for me in spades

For me as well. I have the SAS version - nothing to catch. With my alien gear holster I hardly feel it.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Sig 365 with safety for me. Had a Ruger LC9, and when shooting for my ccw course, magazine would fall out on its own after 2 or 3 shots . Ruger fixed it, but was never comfortable with that gun after that.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My P-365 is on me every day and I forget it's even there. I also have a Hellcat, but would just as soon sell it.
Someone mentioned the mags being hard to load. I only read about half this thread, so pardon me if I missed anyone else mention this, But Maguts makes a +2 conversion for both the 10 and 12 round mags that add virtually no length to the magazine (1/32" I believe it is). They use the flat type springs (like most rifle followers use) rather than a coiled spring like is in the mag from the factory. My experience has been they allow you to put two more rounds into the mag MUCH easier than filling the factory mag with the standard amount. I have mags I had to use an Uplula loader just to get a factory mag filled that once I made the conversion I could load the two extra rounds by hand with no problem and no break in. I especially like the 12 to 14 round conversion. You literally can't tell the difference just by looking at it. It's a mighty small package for a 14+1.

M7

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tag

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Have tried a few over the years , currently I've been using a Glock 48, SIG P365XL w/ manual safety, SIG P239 and a SIG P225 .
Not happy at all with the P365XL trigger, even after putting almost 500 rounds of NATO spec ball ammunition through it, it's no great shakes .
I am really starting to like the Glock 48 and I am not a Glock guy at all .

YMMV

StarchedCover

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I got a 365 with the safety today, the curved trigger feels a lot better. Didn’t care for the XL trigger.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

I needed a hooked tool to lift the mag release spring out of it's recess, I just took a Makarov cleaning rod that I have, and bent the tip over 90 degrees. Worked great. Popped the spring up, then needle-nose pliers to pull it out. The rest of the swap was intuitive, and took less than one minute.

Did you see that pic tutorial I posted up when I installed the sheild metal mag release on my 48.
Ran across a vid doing google fu before the install.
Basically pull the cartridge out of a ink pen and use the pen tube to slide over the spring and move it to install the mag release.
Had ta use a dental pick to move the spring at 1st to slide the pen tube body down.

Either way is easy to do.
But people still pay others to do simple task.
Which boogles my mind...

Last edited by renegade50; 11/19/21.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

They did make real good one for short while. It was subcompact .45ACP with light alloy frame (not plastic pos) and rotating barrel. This lockup is very good for handling different pressure loads, but for obvious reason requires more maintenance ie cleaning for optimal reliability. I do not remember model designation.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Did you see that pic tutorial I posted up when I installed the sheild metal mag release on my 48.
Ran across a vid doing google fu before the install.
Basically pull the cartridge out of a ink pen and use the pen tube to slide over the spring and move it to install the mag release.
Had ta use a dental pick to move the spring at 1st to slide the pen tube body down.

Either way is easy to do.
But people still pay others to do simple task.
Which boogles my mind...

I didn't see that, but I can see where that would work well.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I own 10 different design 9x19 pistols, and I have to go with the thinnest and lightest one, the Kel-tek PF9 for carry.
https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearm/pistols/pf9/

It is small but still takes my Atomic handloads.

A pistol with a wider grip, like a Beretta 92, is much less painful to shoot the atomic handloads.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Atomic handloads = Need for larger cartridge with more energy.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am fine with a Glock 43. 48 or 19. Also ok with a Browning Hi Power and carried one on duty off and on for 15 years. How much time did you spend with the 43X ? I like them and when I pull the slide off of the 43 and 48 the 43 slide goes on the 48 and bingo, a 43x.

We all be different and like what we like. One thing for sure is to get what you want and shoot the heck out of it!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by RGK
When I carry a 9mm (not that often; I usually have a 2" S&W Airweight on me), I like a BHP. Holster is an Israeli-inside the pants product that hides the pistol well and is very comfortable. Been thinking about a Glock 19 lately, though. It's definitely been around long enough.
Bob

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These are not bad if you find aluminum alloy framed one once used by police departments in certain European countries (not sure if Belgium, Denmark or Holland?) Unfortunately in USA uncommon means big $, but if you can manage DA/SA you can find bargain in form of Gen 3 S&W alloy framed pistols. The compacts had 12 round magazines and were DA/SA or DAO configuration. These can be found in 9x19 or .40S&W for <$400 even if in excellent condition ie much < SIG or BHP.

I have a couple alloy framed BHP.... So nice to carry. 1/2 lb less

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I carried a tricked out Browning Hi Power for many years, but leave a Glock 19 in the truck because it is more user friendly in the winter when wearing gloves.

Several months ago I picked up the Glock 48 and put the Shield Arms steel magazine release in it and have 7 Shield Arms 15 round mags with two 5 round extensions. So instead of 10 rounds I now have 20 if needed. I put a Vickers Tactical Slide release and Vickers Elite Battle sight with tritium dot in front and one in rear. Added a tungsten guide rod and and an aluminum mag well.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I own 10 different design 9x19 pistols, and I have to go with the thinnest and lightest one, the Kel-tek PF9 for carry.
https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearm/pistols/pf9/

It is small but still takes my Atomic handloads.

A pistol with a wider grip, like a Beretta 92, is much less painful to shoot the atomic handloads.

I tried the S&W Shield and found it too big and heavy. I tried the SCCY CPX-2 and found it just too thick for comfortable pocket carry. I handled the Glock 43 and wondered what the hell Glock was thinking when they created that POS. Then I tried the PF9 and said "yeeesss!" - a real 9mm solution to the problem of drop in the pocket concealed carry.

Now the man-boys are all clamoring for 15 shot micro-pistols. But I'm reminded that a lot of folks bought the Taurus Judge and S&W Governor too - so I carry on.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
This is my 9mm carry. Hardly know it's there. Smooth lines so it doesn't catch on anything.
It's labeled " 9mm short" we know it as a 380.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"The older I get, the better I was"
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1minute, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 52 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,527
Posts18,472,663
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.