Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
PAMac Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Fat Guy on Red Quad for sale (Facebook link)

I sure like our new cameras....😁 bam..... right to the cell phone....

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Gotta ask how many acres ?? And yes this question is going somewhere

Last edited by ldholton; 11/07/21.
PAMac Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Only 7......lol but a Big Buck Boneyard.......

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
20p ring shank nails in shallow well camouflaged concrete post holes will get you the 4 wheeler faster (damn hard to get a ring shank out of a tire). Cut them off later with a grinder as need be.

Do a detailed measured triangulation map off of the gate posts (you know... those gates posts WITH THE NO TRESPASSING SIGNS on them)... so you can locate the nails after hunting season.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
A young buddy of mine just bought 72 acers, and has been having troubles with people trespassing on it he has a few of the cell cams and has used them to chase people off. One guy on
A red 4 wheeler was driving thru a food plot, the guys response was I drive thru it slow, showed him his pics on his phone said next he going to the sheriff's , guys not been back.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hope you find out who it is Mac

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trespasser’s cousins great uncle prolly got some land behind you.

He’s just keeping tabs on the kin folks land. 🤪

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yep, some people think if no one’s around it’s okay just to check out the area. 🤬
If they find no one around,,hey this is my hidy hole now, nobody else is using it. Those no trespassing signs will keep everyone else out. I’ll just claim ignorance if I get caught. 🤬😡😡

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
piano wire streetched ncek high should get their attention

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Trespasser’s cousins great uncle prolly got some land behind you.

He’s just keeping tabs on the kin folks land. 🤪

His “grandeddah” told him he could hunt on your place 30 yrs ago.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
By gawd my grandpappy hunted here 75 years ago . You don't own the land, the man in the sky does.

PS: The man in the sky doesnt pay the property taxes.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Lol spot on in Tenn

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
We just stopped an ATV trespasser on our property. Ours is 1/2 mile on one side and bordered on the same side by about 12 smaller long narrow parcels the butt up against ours. Kinda like tines on a fork. We have logging roads, which we actually use for logging, and one of the neighbors said he thought they were public roads. Right. Trespassing has been a non-stop issue for us...we don't live there so people think the land is fair game - despite fences and signs. All of these people live out in the boonies so they can have their little piece of heaven, their private Idaho, their don't-tread-on-me piece of land, but ironically they have no problem treading on other peoples' land. Talk about loser hypocrites. Anyway, I prefer the professional approach to dealing with these guys.

Using the county assessor's web site, I was able to get the violators address, and then paid $20 on line to get his phone number (often you can find the number for free). I wrote him a nice, but stern letter, with pictures, and sent it certified to his address. Then I called him. I'd like to think we are good neighbors now. I very nicely explained to him that we don't tolerate any trespassing for any reason. No exceptions. This was his first and only warning. His background check revealed some potentially questionable run-ins with the law. He thanked me for not calling the local sheriff. Hmmmm, wonder why. He now knows I know his name, address, phone number, and property information - which in this case turns out to be the most powerful deterrent.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I call them “targets of opportunity” here at the Ranch. 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
People are easier to pattern than the deer are and as weekenders, we had the neighbors with the 50' wide lots always getting "lost" on our property when we ran into them. I told dad that we were having the fun of paying the property taxes and the locals were getting the benefit. Lots of northern WI. is public land open to hunting, but it takes more effort than trespassing next door. We sold out ours. Owning property up north isn't all that its cracked up to be.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Windfall
People are easier to pattern than the deer are and as weekenders, we had the neighbors with the 50' wide lots always getting "lost" on our property when we ran into them. I told dad that we were having the fun of paying the property taxes and the locals were getting the benefit. Lots of northern WI. is public land open to hunting, but it takes more effort than trespassing next door. We sold out ours. Owning property up north isn't all that its cracked up to be.

“Good fences make good neighbors” 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I bought my farm in March. Since then I have had to deal with ATV riding on old trails on my place and jacked up Jeeps and trucks proving they can cross at a creek crossing. "Nancy the former owner told us we could ride here". Nancy don't own the [bleep] place now. Meth heads cutting wood on my place. "Nance said we could cut dead falls". See above response. Driving through my food plot with a truck and walking through the food plots. Unidentified idiots caught on camera. Two local dipshits catch me walking on the county road heading home after hunting to tell me they always drive through my food plot field to access a large ranch when they need to locate their hog dogs. I tell them it is not an easement and one with matching teeth( one on top and one on the bottom) tell me they have been using it for 30 years. Not anymore. Another of the local mouth breathers pulls up the lane past a NO TRESPASSING sign to my large food plot to get a look at a couple of deer and feels the need to honk his horn. Probably to check to see if the deer are robo-deer. This encounter was not pleasant as I had been watching the deer slowly work my way and be in range for over an hour. A guy I will catch who is hunting on a bedding ground parcel next to the lake. He shot opening morning, but was gone before I could get there. Nancy may not have given a [bleep] what the deadenders did on her place, but I do and don't want any of them messing up my ground or my hunting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
piano wire streetched ncek high should get their attention

That exact thing happened in Susanville CA many years ago, dirt bikers were using a landowner's trail to get to the BLM land. Landowner stretched a wire across, local doctor out for an early morning weekend ride caught it right in the neck and decapitated him. Landowner was still in prison last time I heard anything about it.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I bought 48 acres here in the NC mountains. And I learned that this is prime ginseng land. I began planting lots of ginseng. This is a cash crop that goes for $1,000 a pound.

After two years I was growing $6K in ginseng. And I caught 3 hillbillies stealing my ginseng. They had $2K of my ginseng. They went to jail, but the Madison Co deputies kept the ginseng ''For evidence.'' Yeah, right. For evidence.

Next year, I locked up 2 different hillbillies, and I lost another Grand in ginseng to the ''justice system.''

I did not want to start shooting people, so I gave up on ginseng growing. Got hit a couple more times the next two years, these fine hill-billies got all of my ginseng.
So now, my ginseng is all gone, and the hillbillies are also gone.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If you didn't have a conscience there are many ways to handle all of life's problems. Most of us have too much of a conscience to really be effective though. Fences help allot. We have some neighbors that border us and I have a 5 strand barbed wire fence along the property line. That high tensile wire too, cuts you real bad. They drive and ride everything on their own property and my fence works great. The neighbors that have no fence have them running their atv and utv everywhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.