Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This loading ramp was lost from an unknown vehicle a few miles from me this weekend. Before it was done, 5 cars and trucks had hit it doing some serious damage. There were some injuries but luckily none were serious. A woman burned her hands trying to pull a lost muffler out of the road. In this pic, it barely missed the passenger and caused a small cut on the neck of the driver. All because some idiot didn't tie it down in his truck or trailer.

[Linked Image from bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn. Lots of morons out there. Glad no one was kilt.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I wear a rubber.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
That could have been fa worse.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If they have lucky stars they should thank em.

Accidents like this should ramp up road awareness.

IC B2

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is a nice loading ramp, was there just the one?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I see some sketchy stuff from semi truck drivers these days more than I use to. I think there must be a bunch of rookies on the road.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Back in 1964, when I was stationed in Little Creek, Va., I was stopped at an intersection on Virginia Beach Boulevard and a P/U truck came to an absolute screeching stop and sent an extension ladder from the bed through his rear window and out the windshield. In the process a toddler in a booster seat was decapitated. The most horrific thing I ever saw. Had nightmares for over a year. I STILL think about it when I see ladders in a P/U.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Saw a guy loose an extension ladder (not tied down) on I-40. He was just in front of me and I was able to miss it but several cars behind me hit it and caused a big wreck. The guy was going to pull over until he saw what happened and then he took off. I was able to run him down and get his tag number and call it in.

My car was hit by a 4x8 sheet of plywood several years ago due to the guy not strapping down the stack and going down the interstate. I got him pulled over and chewed his butt. It did not hurt my old car bad but the guy acted like he had no clue he should have strapped the stack of plywood down! Take a special kind of stupid not to know that.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The door off a barrel smoker came off the truck in front of me once, missed my truck by inches. I wasnt where I could turn around and see if it ended up hitting anyone. I just knew that thing was coming through my windshield.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M

I used to be partners in a towing company, and even though I was more the money guy than hands on I did my best to learn the business and pitch in. And it made me conscious of how other company's drivers were doing things.

Honestly I don't know how it's possible that dozens of people aren't hurt or killed every year from some of the [bleep] these guys do. My all time favorite - loaded rollback - front secured with a winch that has almost certainly not seen service in 10 years, rear secured with one hook through a t-slot.

Seems like I see it a lot less these days than I did 15 years ago when the company sold. Maybe they are learning something.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Stay clear of those trucks hauling crushed cars to the foundry. They can shed parts and destroy things.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A few months ago, I passed an oncoming work pickup with a ladder rack. The front catch had come loose and his extension latter was riding at 90 degrees, sticking maybe 6' over the center line. I saw several cars in front of me swerving to the right and wondered what they were doing until he got to me. The ladder was hard to see until it was up close. I didn't see it soon enough to flag him down. I hope someone else was able to wake him up.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 673
That is a nice loading ramp, was there just the one?

I was thinking the same thing...

I do wonder if the driver was properly wearing his mask when he lost the loading ramp... or if he had been vaccinated to protect "other people"?

So many questions...

Glad no one was hurt badly.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The towel heads are the worst offenders by far. They finally brought in new regulations for driving a commercial truck here, the instuctions are in Punjabi lol.

In the middle of every accident or incident, is a turban, they almost never speak or understand english, rarely put chains on even in the worst blizzard known to man, don't know how to check their brakes, why do we need brakes??

Not too long ago I stopped to tell a towelie his back wheels were on fire, he just looked at me, then at the truck, and just went into the restaurant nearby LOL.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by reivertom
I see some sketchy stuff from semi truck drivers these days more than I use to. I think there must be a bunch of rookies on the road.

i noticed a lot are now from India and Eastern Europe ,. their ideas of how to be a driver are differant than ours

NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I found a single loading ramp in front of the Captain D’s. lol

Me and my old man stopped and put in the trunk of his caddilac.

Lol

Then a few year since, found another one. However they dont match up in length.

Need to get a bud and have him do some cutting and fab, have a nice set

Was going up a hill in town, there was a rancher tube tailgate with v notch for a goosenecker. Black man stopped to drag it out of the road. I stopped too. He says “dis come off yo truck” ?

I said nah but I was gonna ax u watchu gonna wit it. He said “i bet fit yo truck main”. Aight, I’ll take it.

😃

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.