Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
not related to the OP request, but I've been trying to find a cheap canvas tent big enough for 2 cots , two folding chairs and a camp stove. Was hoping to scoop one up used on craigslist and then put a stove jack in it

not in a hurry but my wife told me she'd like to do some winter camping.

Its not something we'd do more than 2-3 times so I'm trying to cheap my way out of it

Look on flea-bay for a vintage canvas Boy Scout wall tent. I have a 6'x8' that will accommodate 2 WWII or Korean era cots. Occasionally you can find 8'x 12' as well.

Last edited by High_Noon; 11/07/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by helidriver72
What are you guys using?
I just used a friends ultra lightweight seek outdoors tent which was great except for the condensation on the synthetic material which really sucked when the wind blew.
I’m thinking canvas with a stove jack but don’t want something that weighs 60 pounds...

send saddlesore a PM, he has a ton of packing experience in Colorado

Saddlesore is a whacked out covtard .... and he camps in a pop up camper.... you truly are clueless aren't you suckitmore....
The Cabelas Alagnak is not a bad recommendation but being a single wall synthetic it is cold and creates condensation.
Lightweight and winter do not go together, Get a canvas tent with a stove jack and enjoy the comfort.

He was packing in to hunt elk in Colorado when you were still living in California, so there is that....

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by helidriver72
What are you guys using?
I just used a friends ultra lightweight seek outdoors tent which was great except for the condensation on the synthetic material which really sucked when the wind blew.
I’m thinking canvas with a stove jack but don’t want something that weighs 60 pounds...

We have the liners in both our eight and twelve man seek outside tents. Condensation is picked up by them and it has not been a problem. We leave them in year around.
They do add a few pounds of weight.
Gary

Last edited by Dancing Bear; 11/08/21.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Look at the Tentipi from https://www.mansfieldoutdoors.com/

N
nae Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N

Snowtrekker tents might be another option.

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I want to see a pic of whatever tent you get set up on that horse. Must be one of those giant breeds?

a cub scout tent should fit. Be sure to set it up lengthwise. smile

Last edited by las; 11/08/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
For your needs you might look at a. Wedge tent, civil war style. Look up reenactment tents on line.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Thanks for all the replies

Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
When I lived in Alaska we shipped a fair amount of canvas tents to the bush, (Montana Canvas) to the natives that did a lot of winter camping. The tents were untreated so they would breath as they used a lantern to provide heat in the tent and used a tarp to cover it.
There's also called Barney's that had a tent produced called a Bomb Shelter and came up to 10X10 that was a 4 season tent.

Alaska Tent and Tarp also had a 4 season tent that was lined and fairly warm, including having a stove jack. That's the one I would use. I've used the Bomb Shelter many a time, mine was an 8X8 and was an early one when the 10X10 wasn't available. The tent at Alaska Tent and Tarp was called the Arctic Oven. Not an inexpensive tent but excellent quality

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by nae

Snowtrekker tents might be another option.

These tents look like exactly what I’m looking for.
Stove Jack, canvas, 29 pounds
Thanks

Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 1_deuce, 34 invisible), 2,316 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,878
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.