Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I
EXPOSED: Biden Admin Is Creating An Illegal Database Of Gun Owners

During his tenure, President Biden vowed that he wouldn’t stop drilling, force vaccine requirements, or support “open borders” and we all know how those promises panned out. Given his track record of failed promises, it’s hardly surprising that the Biden administration is skirting the Constitution once again with what may be his most egregious act: compiling a database of law-abiding gun owners.

We wouldn’t put anything past Biden, given how he has defiantly rejected more than one judicial ruling that has ruled against him. And we already know how much he despises most law-abiding gun owners, despite his pretense of supporting the Second Amendment (in theory).

The ATF in fiscal year 2021 processed 54.7 million out-of-business records, according to an internal ATF document obtained by the Gun Owners of America, a firearms advocacy group, and provided exclusively to the Free Beacon. When a licensed gun store goes out of business, its private records detailing gun transactions become ATF property and are stored at a federal site in West Virginia. This practice allows the federal government to stockpile scores of gun records and has drawn outrage from gun advocacy groups that say the government is using this information to create a national database of gun owners—which has long been prohibited under U.S. law.

The ATF obtained 53.8 million paper records and another 887,000 electronic records, according to the internal document that outlines ATF actions in fiscal year 2021. Gun activists described this figure as worryingly high and said it contributes to fears that the Biden administration is trying to keep track of all Americans who own firearms, in violation of federal statutes. The procurement of these records by the ATF comes as the Biden administration moves to alter current laws to ensure that gun records are stored in perpetuity. Currently, gun shops can destroy their records after 20 years, thereby preventing the ATF from accessing the information in the future.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
The government already knows who has firearms. Those who have a FFL, CC, class 3 or suppressor tax stamps are at the top of the list.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IamShado

During his tenure, President Biden vowed that he wouldn’t stop drilling, force vaccine requirements, or support “open borders” and we all know how those promises panned out. Given his track record of failed promises, it’s hardly surprising that the Biden administration is skirting the Constitution once again with what may be his most egregious act: compiling a database of law-abiding gun owners.

We wouldn’t put anything past Biden, given how he has defiantly rejected more than one judicial ruling that has ruled against him. And we already know how much he despises most law-abiding gun owners, despite his pretense of supporting the Second Amendment (in theory).

The ATF in fiscal year 2021 processed 54.7 million out-of-business records, according to an internal ATF document obtained by the Gun Owners of America, a firearms advocacy group, and provided exclusively to the Free Beacon. When a licensed gun store goes out of business, its private records detailing gun transactions become ATF property and are stored at a federal site in West Virginia. This practice allows the federal government to stockpile scores of gun records and has drawn outrage from gun advocacy groups that say the government is using this information to create a national database of gun owners—which has long been prohibited under U.S. law.

The ATF obtained 53.8 million paper records and another 887,000 electronic records, according to the internal document that outlines ATF actions in fiscal year 2021. Gun activists described this figure as worryingly high and said it contributes to fears that the Biden administration is trying to keep track of all Americans who own firearms, in violation of federal statutes. The procurement of these records by the ATF comes as the Biden administration moves to alter current laws to ensure that gun records are stored in perpetuity. Currently, gun shops can destroy their records after 20 years, thereby preventing the ATF from accessing the information in the future.

So you be upset that following the law when going out of business of turning the 4473 books over to ATF, or do you be upset that a lot of folks that bought guns before 2001 had their records destroyed and yours weren’t. Or is it that you believed that .gov would just store those until they were 20 years old then destroy them.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
The government already knows who has firearms. Those who have a FFL, CC, class 3 or suppressor tax stamps are at the top of the list.

2 out of 3 ain’t bad.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by IamShado

Johnny Utah?

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

The CC isn’t necessarily in that list depending on your state. Nebraska got dropped on reciprocity in Nevada due to this clause

(b) Determine whether each state has an electronic database which identifies each individual who possesses a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm issued by that state and which a law enforcement officer in this State may access at all times through a national law enforcement telecommunications system.

That loophole has been closed. Nobody can get a comprehensive list from the state patrol as those are sealed records per state law.

Swifty
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
There is a reason they started putting the gun info on the front page of the new 4473....

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Maintaining, and adding to,- not creating.

Anyone who thinks every FFL sale since background checks went into effect isn't on a Federal data base or 6 is living in la-la land, no matter what the law says about records "not being kept".. And of course- all turned in 4473 books from old businesses are computerized ASAP.

That's one reason the pukes are so adamant about getting "background checks", etc. records on person to person private transfers.

Last edited by las; 11/10/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I heard about the numerous boating accidents - hordes of folks losing firearms - so I bought a big magnet - went to the river and found so many guns I could barely pull them over the gunnel of the boat . I've got thousands of guns now but I'm not going to let the gov't gun-grabbers know I have them , they might not like me having thousands of guns . Mums the word

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by las
Maintaining, and adding to,- not creating.

Anyone who thinks every FFL sale since background checks went into effect isn't on a Federal data base or 6 is living in la-la land, no matter what the law says about records "not being kept".. And of course- all turned in 4473 books from old businesses are computerized ASAP.

That's one reason the pukes are so adamant about getting "background checks", etc. records on person to person private transfers.

Not so. Depends on the state.

In Nebraska, an individual must apply in his or her county of residence for a firearms purchase certificate from a designated local law enforcement official. This is most often the county sheriff, but can be the chief of police. The local law enforcement official performs the background check, which includes NICS, as well as the ability to search additional local criminal databases. Applications can be made in person or by mail.
The local law enforcement official has three business days to complete a background check and is required to
approve the certificate if the applicant is (1) 21 years of age or older and (2) not prohibited from purchasing or possessing a handgun per federal law (18 USC 922). If
the application is denied, the applicant must be told why in writing. Purchase certificates are valid for three years and allow the holder to purchase an unlimited number of firearms with one background check.
Federal law proscribes certain categories of individuals who cannot buy, possess, or sell firearms, including prohibitions enacted under state law. A bill introduced in 2018, LB 990, would add a state prohibitor for juveniles adjudicated of serious or violent crime. Such juveniles would be barred from possessing firearms until age 25, with some exceptions.
In 2006, the Legislature enacted the Concealed Handgun Permit Act. Concealed handgun permits are processed
by the Nebraska State Patrol. The requirements for a concealed handgun permit exceed those required for a Nebraska firearms purchase certificate. However, once granted, a concealed carry handgun permit also qualifies as an alternative permit. Concealed carry permits are valid for five years.

ATF has approved both of the state’s firearms purchase and concealed carry permits as alternative permits for buying long guns. State law does not require a purchase permit for buying long guns.
If the buyer does not have a purchase permit, gun stores follow the Brady Law protocol and contact the FBI
for the NICS check on long gun sales.

Swifty
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Let me tell you about my experience with this. I'll try to just hit on the main points without all the minute details. I purchased a new handgun in 1978 from a dealer in Alabama, my then place of residence. I since then moved to Texas in 1979 and the gun came up missing in 1982. Due to circumstances concerning my then wife, before we were divorced, I was not sure if it had been stolen, given away, pawned, sold, or what. No report of it being missing was ever filed to any police department, nor was this a requirement. Fast forward to two years ago, some 41 years after it was purchased and 37 years after it went missing. I received a surprise telephone call from an area police department detective wanting to know if I was the owner of said handgun. I had no idea of the serial number, but did recall the make and model and the gun shop and year purchased. The detective already knew all of this information. Now this is 41 years after the purchase and some 650 miles away across three state lines later and he found me about 20 miles from his office. He returned the gun to me, but would not tell me the circumstances of his having it. So, the moral of this story is don't give me any B.S. about there not being any data base of gun owners. Nobody even had computers nor internet in 1978 when I bought this gun.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Henryseale
So, the moral of this story is don't give me any B.S. about there not being any data base of gun owners. Nobody even had computers nor internet in 1978 when I bought this gun.

Not so fast, .gov had em. Prisons and police had em as I was running cable and installing a server for one in 1980.

Now how did they do it, Example.
Lincoln Nebraska has a little program running that’s been around since 67-68 that required all dealers to report to local police at the end of each business day all handgun sales in the city to include name, address, DL # , type, model and serial #. This was a hidden condition in the business license.
Now Omaha took it even further as far as info and started even earlier.
Not too damn hard to figure out that if liberal hickstown Nebraska had figured it out how to run a registration scheme back then, I would also venture that there was a little known clause like that in a lot of places. Hell the feds probably helped write it.
That’s how they do it. Popo puts all that info into the system and guess what happens 41 years later.

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now you surely didn’t think they weren’t keeping track, did you?
How in the hell are you ever gonna confiscate if you don’t know who’s got what?
This is exactly why they’re so hot on the “gun show loophole”. Private sales or rifles between individuals isn’t tracked in most states. If they can make you transfer through a dealer, then they got a record.
I figure that every gun sale, long guns and handguns that went from a dealer since Bush 1 has a record in a databank somewhere. In most states, handguns must be transferred through a dealer. I know this is the case here in PA, and probably a lot of other states as well.
I bet they’ve already got a pretty good idea of who has what. Even if you bought something from a private sale, you probably bought ammo or components on a credit card.
What it’s gonna come down to, is who’ Gonna do the confiscating.
It might get pretty unhealthy, on both sides.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
they wont pull a gun grab until Covid 2.0 vaccine rollout is done and Covid 3.0 mass inflation is underway. Those two aims are higher on the list and harder to manage without causing a revolution.

As shown throughout the entire 1st world, including the USA, they dont really need to grab guns because they are stripping freedoms without an issue. Folks having guns turned out to be a complete non issue in the end.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Who gives a crap anymore they can do what they want because all of you voted him in!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If you buy ammo or accessories over the internet or use a credit card at a LGS for same, don't believe that's not going into a database.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, there will come a point when the crap only goes so far.
Right now, people are concerned, but not overly worried.
When it gets to where you can’t put food on the table, or worry about your families safety, the chits gonna hit the fan.
I don’t know what or where The flashpoint is gonna be, but it’s gonna come unless we change courses at the ballot box. Alas, I think it’s too late.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Let me tell you about my experience with this. I'll try to just hit on the main points without all the minute details. I purchased a new handgun in 1978 from a dealer in Alabama, my then place of residence. I since then moved to Texas in 1979 and the gun came up missing in 1982. Due to circumstances concerning my then wife, before we were divorced, I was not sure if it had been stolen, given away, pawned, sold, or what. No report of it being missing was ever filed to any police department, nor was this a requirement. Fast forward to two years ago, some 41 years after it was purchased and 37 years after it went missing. I received a surprise telephone call from an area police department detective wanting to know if I was the owner of said handgun. I had no idea of the serial number, but did recall the make and model and the gun shop and year purchased. The detective already knew all of this information. Now this is 41 years after the purchase and some 650 miles away across three state lines later and he found me about 20 miles from his office. He returned the gun to me, but would not tell me the circumstances of his having it. So, the moral of this story is don't give me any B.S. about there not being any data base of gun owners. Nobody even had computers nor internet in 1978 when I bought this gun.

This is called a trace. Happens a lot. Gun gets used in a crime or stolen. cops/fbi calls the original store it was shipped to and asks who bought it. We look thru the 4473s.

Cops then can find you from whatever software they have available to look up names and addresses.

Not a gun database...if you sold it and it changed hands several times they would still call you and you'd say you have no idea where it is or what happened to it.

They just know where it went from the factory because the manufacturer has records.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 11/10/21.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
Come and get 'em Brandon.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Lathe
Drill press
Milling machine
Steel, aluminum, brass, wood, and fiberglass.

Add a few basic mechanical and machining skills, and then hide and watch while somebody cranks out something that shoots!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (16penny, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1234, 01Foreman400, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,093 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,020
Posts18,481,640
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.