~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Craigster
My Dad was a Tin Can Sailor in the South Pacific in WWII.

His ship : https://destroyerhistory.org/fletcherclass/ussevans_puc/

All gave some, some gave all.

Semper Fi

Interesting story of the Evans and the other destroyer.
They fugged up some jap planes and pilots that day.
Made em pay dearly.
Hats off to your dad!!!

👍👍👍👍👍

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ready on the right: Every ground pounder in 'Nam had a great love for FACs. To this day, I am not allowed to pay for my drinks in any Army bar.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My dear brother was a US Marine, he told me not to join the Marines, so I did not.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Rock,

Since we are brothers, can I borrow $20?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wabigoon
My dear brother was a US Marine, he told me not to join the Marines, so I did not.

Great story.

Now STFU.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Should I make the check to Travis or Clark?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This old girl was at D Day. Now it's tarted up for Christmas when she used to have some .50 Cals on the roof over the pilothouse and chart house.

Took the pic tonight, after dinner. Thought to share here - veteran tub boat I guess.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not a veteran but would like to thank each and every one that served, my hat is off to all of you.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Was out golfing all day. GF and her daughter and myself then went to a local LGS and handled some pistols (GF's daughter is looking for a small carry handgun). After that we went to a newer local brewery for a couple drinks and some food. Smoked shots, anyone ever have them? They're REALLY good lol.

Anyway the bartender noticed my shirt (It was a three button collared shirt with my ship insignia on the left side) and asked if I was a veteran. I said I am. She gives me this envelope and says thanks for you service. Inside was 4 notes to a veteran from her grade school class. Colored pictures and writing thanking me for my service. She had promised them that she would find a veteran to give them to tonight. Took a pic with me and the letters to show her kids tomorrow.

Brought a little tear to my eye. Am in the process of hanging them on my fridge right now.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I am confused, where is the non ending chorus of butt nuggets who condemn the US mil. as govt. employed leaches who will take away our guns and shoot us down in the streets?

Here is a toast to us and those like us. Phug everyone else.

#babykillersRus

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They're too busy quaffing cold ones while they bad mouth Men who Walked the Walk, like Colin Powell, just because they disagreed with them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A great great Grandfather fought for the Union Army in the not so Civil War. My Dad was Army in WWII and POW and Purple Heart recipient, I will call 97 year old WWII and D-Day and Purple Heart recipient Uncle Ed tomorrow. He was 82nd Airborne Glider Division and hooked up with the101st and fought in Bastone and Holland and etc. Dad and Ed said the same thing, they ran low on ammo and supplies during the battle of the Bulge, about froze to death and never ever thought thy would survive the damned mortar attacks. My Dad's younger brother was killed in the Philippine's by a Jap sniper when he was 19. My Dad's older brother fought in Italy. Most of my Dad's buddies were WWII vets and to this day I thank God I was raised and influenced by such men as these.

My brother served six years in the Navy and I served four and we both pulled three West Pac cruises at Yankee Station in the Tonkin Gulf during Viet Nam War with multiple months in the "combat zone" each cruise. But, we had it easy compared to my Dad and uncles and no one ever shot at us that I know of. My son served ten years in the Army in Military Intelligence and his wife served for three years.

One of my favorite pictures is of me, my son-in laws Marine Corp's Viet Nam Combat vet Dad and my Dad and the other two grandfathers who were WWII vets. Only me and my son-in laws Dad are left.

I pray my grandsons never have to see combat and wish the sorry politician's we have had to serve to be in congress, the senate or the White House, we would have fewer wars. I am and always will be a Patriot and I love the United States.

To all of you who served, you have my heartfelt gratitude and thanks and respect. Well done!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My deepest appreciation to all who served, Dead of alive.
Salute!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Bravo Zulu, guys.

Keep smiling!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by wabigoon

A WWII vet told me to join the Marines. I did.

Semper Fi.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Should I make the check to Travis or Clark?

Dave.

Thanks.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Was out golfing all day. GF and her daughter and myself then went to a local LGS and handled some pistols (GF's daughter is looking for a small carry handgun). After that we went to a newer local brewery for a couple drinks and some food. Smoked shots, anyone ever have them? They're REALLY good lol.

Anyway the bartender noticed my shirt (It was a three button collared shirt with my ship insignia on the left side) and asked if I was a veteran. I said I am. She gives me this envelope and says thanks for you service. Inside was 4 notes to a veteran from her grade school class. Colored pictures and writing thanking me for my service. She had promised them that she would find a veteran to give them to tonight. Took a pic with me and the letters to show her kids tomorrow.

Brought a little tear to my eye. Am in the process of hanging them on my fridge right now.

Touching.

How’d you play?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

Touching.

How’d you play?

[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]

I am MAGA.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 222ND, 12344mag, 43 invisible), 1,971 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,876
Posts18,478,877
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.