Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Female police officer testified she has fired ARs and has had AR's fire, but fail to extract the spent round. I've fired tens of thousands of rounds through an AR, including in the military and got them so hot you could barely hold them. I've never had an AR fail to extract a spent round. What's been your experience?

Last edited by Tarquin; 11/11/21.

Tarquin
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sorry but what was the purpose of that testimony? I did not watch.

The way life should be.
T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Defense called her to testify that if there had been any unfired rounds at scene she would have collected them, supporting the inference the rifle did not jam or some such thing. Prosecutor then got her to say she has fired AR's and had them not extract a fired round. I've never, ever seen that. The gas impulse is going to blow the bolt back and I've never seen an M-16 extractor not extract a fired round even on AR's so hot you could barely hold them. Just wondering about the experience of others. Not willing to trust a female cop on the functionality of an AR. Sorry!

Tarquin
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Female police officer testified she has fired ARs and has had AR's fire, but fail to extract the spent round. I've fired tens of thousands of rounds through an AR, including in the military and got them so hot you could barely hold them. I've never had an AR fail to extract a spent round. What's been your experience?

Ha ha
You obviously have no experience with AR’s and making schit up again on a topic you know absolutely nothing about

Last edited by ribka; 11/11/21.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Defense called her to testify that if there had been any unfired rounds at scene she would have collected them, supporting the inference the rifle did not jam or some such thing. Prosecutor then got her to say she has fired AR's and had them not extract a fired round. I've never, ever seen that. The gas impulse is going to blow the bolt back and I've never seen an M-16 extractor not extract a fired round even on AR's so hot you could barely hold them. Just wondering about the experience of others. Not willing to trust a female cop on the functionality of an AR. Sorry!

Something would have to be wrong with the rifle if it did that, or some foreign matter jammed into the chamber with the cartridge.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Most of time it’s the mag. And it does happen. Hence law enforcement and military incorporate FTF drills in training

I’ve witnessed it dozens and dozens of times over the years running ranges. I’ve have personally experienced it 50 to 60 times past 30 years. Keeping the bolt carrier group wet with lube helps. But then in in sandy dirty environment worry about grit getting in action.

Again most of time magazine issues Many magazines have qc issues or mag not seared properly. And in an active tactical environment your mag gets knocked around a lot.

Then not properly lube then ammo issues then mechanical issue in firearm which is rarest cause but does happen

Dang tarqueen you are dumb

Last edited by ribka; 11/11/21.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Out of many thousands of rounds fired I've never had a failure to extract, but I have seen it in other peoples rifles at times.

But I keep my rifles very well lubed and clean them regularly.

Last edited by bowmanh; 11/11/21.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ve seen plenty with a fired case stuck in the chamber and a chunk of the rim missing. If you haven’t seen one with a stuck case you haven’t been around too many of them, and that goes for most any make of rifle

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ribka
Most of time it’s the mag. And it does happen. Hence law enforcement and military incorporate FTF drills in training

I’ve witnessed it dozens and dozens of times over the years running ranges. I’ve have personally experienced it 50 to 60 times past 30 years. Keeping the bolt carrier group wet with lube helps. But then in in sandy dirty environment worry about grit getting in action.

Again most of time magazine issues

Yep.

And yep. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
Seen it a few times and I have not been around that many of them. The one I own has not malfunctioned but has only a couple hundred rounds thru it. Edk

IC B3

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pull the trigger, they go bang and they cycle the action and load another round. If one fails to do so then it has a mechanical issue

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T

Failure to extract is different from failure to feed or failure to fire. I'm with Hawkeye: you don't get failure to extract without some serious grit in the chamber or a significant extractor failure. I'm not saying its not possible, but to the best of my memory I've never experienced it because I've never had to punch out a spent round from the muzzle due to a torn case rim. I can't ever recall a bolt cyclying on an AR and failing to extract a detonated round. Never had that happen on an AR, but I'm asking for other's experience. I've had a bolt rifle fail to extract but only when I dropped a round on the ground, then chambered and fired it with sand/dirt on the case. Locked up tight and had to spin the barrel off to get the case out. Haven't watched much of the trial, but the prosecutor seemed to be trying to support the idea Rittenhouse may have had an extraction failure and racked the slide, but nevertheless was calm and collected enough to clear it and keep firing. There is no evidence to support that---no evidence in the collected spent cases of a torn case head where the extractor ripped out and it's highly unlikely to have happened in this case no matter what the female cop said.

Tarquin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I think what she testified to was not that an AR didn't EXTRACT the fired casing, it was that it was possible for it to fail to fully EJECT the casing.

Reason for testimony was one witness (Grosskruetz the guy shot in the right arm....hereafter known as LEFTY) testified that Rittenhouse "wracked the slide" and Rittenhouse denied it.

Defense was trying to state that if he had cycled the rifle as the other witness testified that they would have found a live round on the ground.

Witness was crime tech who collected fired casings at scene, but found no unfired casings.

I personally have had spent casings extract but not fully eject.

In my opinion it's a stupid point for the prosecutor to have honed in on, and by possibly discounting it the defense makes t LEFTY look less credible.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by cv540
I think what she testified to was not that an AR didn't EXTRACT the fired casing, it was that it was possible for it to fail to fully EJECT the casing.

Reason for testimony was one witness (Grosskruetz the guy shot in the right arm....hereafter known as LEFTY) testified that Rittenhouse "wracked the slide" and Rittenhouse denied it.

Defense was trying to state that if he had cycled the rifle as the other witness testified that they would have found a live round on the ground.

Witness was crime tech who collected fired casings at scene, but found no unfired casings.

I personally have had spent casings extract but not fully eject.

In my opinion it's a stupid point for the prosecutor to have honed in on, and by possibly discounting it the defense makes t LEFTY look less credible.

I thought I heard it differently but you may be right. There's video of her testimony.

Tarquin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Happen many a time when I was playing army man for 10 years...thats why I don't own one..... why is the prosecutor so worried whether they pull the charging handle back or not.......... or weather was 4 in or three-and-a-half what's what's the deal with that ? ... clear the round if it needs clearing..wtf

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I've been shooting all my life including many semi-automatic weapons. If you have not experienced a mis-feed, mis-fire or lack of extraction at some point, you just haven't shot enough. Everything happens.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Tarqueen talking out her ass again.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by mrmarklin

I've been shooting all my life including many semi-automatic weapons. If you have not experienced a mis-feed, mis-fire or lack of extraction at some point, you just haven't shot enough. Everything happens.

Tarqueen didn’t listen to the testimony or questions.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Happen many a time when I was playing army man for 10 years...thats why I don't own one..... why is the prosecutor so worried whether they pull the charging handle back or not.......... or weather was 4 in or three-and-a-half what's what's the deal with that ? ... clear the round if it needs clearing..wtf

I think because Grossman is claiming Rittenhouse pulled the charging handle back indicating he had intent to shoot him while Grossman had his hands up.

Its a lie and I thought it had been disproven by Grossmans cross examination

I've had bad ammo fail to eject in a FAL before. Its pretty frustrating.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/11/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Stick legal analysis at homicide trials with your George Floyd law degree. I highly doubt you even own a firearm or hunted in your life

Failure to extract is different from failure to feed or failure to fire. I'm with Hawkeye: you don't get failure to extract without some serious grit in the chamber or a significant extractor failure. I'm not saying its not possible, but to the best of my memory I've never experienced it because I've never had to punch out a spent round from the muzzle due to a torn case rim. I can't ever recall a bolt cyclying on an AR and failing to extract a detonated round. Never had that happen on an AR, but I'm asking for other's experience. I've had a bolt rifle fail to extract but only when I dropped a round on the ground, then chambered and fired it with sand/dirt on the case. Locked up tight and had to spin the barrel off to get the case out. Haven't watched much of the trial, but the prosecutor seemed to be trying to support the idea Rittenhouse may have had an extraction failure and racked the slide, but nevertheless was calm and collected enough to clear it and keep firing. There is no evidence to support that---no evidence in the collected spent cases of a torn case head where the extractor ripped out and it's highly unlikely to have happened in this case no matter what the female cop said.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

346 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 260madman, 41 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,860
Posts18,478,571
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.