Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I get frequent text updates from Scheels. Upcoming sales and such. Today I received this one:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like it. I also like Scheels. Been buying from them for a year or so and find them to have good service and prices.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Just ordered from the for the first time. Got a wool blend jacket and bibs (their brand) for a really good price. Found the coat on Google, then it went in sale the next day. See how they hold up this year.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I really like the Scheels brand fishing rods. Plus if you break one it's a no questions asked return for a new one. At least it used to be. I thought I heard you might have to pay half now.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I really like the Scheels brand fishing rods. Plus if you break one it's a no questions asked return for a new one. At least it used to be. I thought I heard you might have to pay half now.

Limited warranty now. I haven’t dug into it deeply. But not automatic replacement.

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I was a little skeptical when Scheels built a store near us. I thought, great another big box store to kill the little guys. Well, I was wrong! They are a damn good company and I don't mind buying from them at all. They seem to have things in the store that other stores do not. My wife will even go with me every now and then!

A couple years ago I purchased a pair of Scheel's brand upland hunting pants. After opening day weekend in Nebraska this year, I noticed just above the calf, they were starting to separate. I took them back to the store and the return desk chick said "Oh my, that's not good, we need to exchange those!". No questions, no hesitation. Told me to go upstairs, get another pair and you'll be on your way!

Doesn't get better than that!

Elk Country

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Limited warranty now. I haven’t dug into it deeply. But not automatic replacement.

From my understanding, the new rods have a three year warranty. If you have a old rod with the lifetime warranty, they replace it with a new rod that comes with a three year warranty which starts when the rod was replaced.

Scheels is a great store, but some are better than others within the chain.

Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
Just ordered from the for the first time. Got a wool blend jacket and bibs (their brand) for a really good price. Found the coat on Google, then it went in sale the next day. See how they hold up this year.

I think I got that same outfit but went with the hoodie instead of the jacket.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts

I grabbed their house brand fleece/wool parka on clearance for like $30 in Salt Lake City a couple years ago. I wear the heck out of it in cold weather hunting.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One day, I must visit a Scheel’s and a Menard’s

And all the other places in Storm Lake that wabigoon assumes are in everyone else’s hometown 🧃🍦🍤🍗🍆

bucket list stuff ya know

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
One day, I must visit a Scheel’s and a Menard’s

And all the other places in Storm Lake that wabigoon assumes are in everyone else’s hometown 🧃🍦🍤🍗🍆

bucket list stuff ya know

Never been in one. But I sold them a ton of guns back when I worked in the Wholesale Firearms Industry.
They are good folks.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Was at Scheels today in Sandy, UT. Great store and very helpful. They also price match.

Very unlike the Cabelas here in Utah. They suck. The buy out by BP has killed that store.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Springcove
Was at Scheels today in Sandy, UT. Great store and very helpful. They also price match.

Very unlike the Cabelas here in Utah. They suck. The buy out by BP has killed that store.

Yep. Ass Pro has ruined Cabela’s.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Our Scheels has a Winchester 1886 in .50-110 sitting in the cabinet. I think it's nitro proofed too, but slow twist. In any case, that's a lot of cash to have tied up in a collectible gun.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Scheels is the only reason to visit Billings.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bruinruin
I like it. I also like Scheels. Ben buying from them for a year or so and find them to have good service and prices.

I just started buying from them about a year or so ago myself and like them, as well.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fuddruckers is the only thing I stopped for in Billings

Oh and to take a dump

Ya know....cause Clarksville is bigger so pfffft 😃👏🏻💩

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Adult daughters must have got on that dang ferris wheel 20 plus times. The grandson got tired of it after the 5th time and I took him for some ice cream.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I work at Scheels here in Colorado in the gun department. I came down with covid and then found that my back had been broken when I was an officer, but my back muscles had taken over. After Covid those muscles attrified and I was a hurtin unit. I followed that up with Covid a 2nd time which had me on oxygen for 4 months, they supported me during the whole time. Going on a year and a half now of dealing with this crap. They let me work when I could and kept me employed. I did have to take a demotion as I couldn't keep up with my supervisor duties. They are unabashed conservative, faith based folks and if you work hard for them, they work hard for you. They give back 10% of their profits to the local community and help out youth groups in area such Colorado Youth Outdoors. Working for them has been the best move in years.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Bushwacker
I work at Scheels here in Colorado in the gun department. I came down with covid and then found that my back had been broken when I was an officer, but my back muscles had taken over. After Covid those muscles attrified and I was a hurtin unit. I followed that up with Covid a 2nd time which had me on oxygen for 4 months, they supported me during the whole time. Going on a year and a half now of dealing with this crap. They let me work when I could and kept me employed. I did have to take a demotion as I couldn't keep up with my supervisor duties. They are unabashed conservative, faith based folks and if you work hard for them, they work hard for you. They give back 10% of their profits to the local community and help out youth groups in area such Colorado Youth Outdoors. Working for them has been the best move in years.

Feet on the ground. Thanks.

Heal up well and keep on keeping on.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 53 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,573
Posts18,473,304
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.