Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Between old age - and plain dying off in the older civil members - we've had a lot of good people going away from here.

The trolls and the "my view or die" types - it's not any fun to have a conversation on a lot of Boards.

Guys and gals like "Tanner"s age finally graduated, reached their adult-hood, and started out on a life of their own - very few have the patience or grace to welcome a teenage sportsman on here.

And, given the copious amount of videos on the Web, I think the younger crowd is drawn to seeing the hunt, rather than talking about.

Last edited by AH64guy; 11/12/21.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
It is November. Maybe they're out hunting.

On the other hand, all too often here, I see legitimate discussions quickly devolve into pissing matches when one member has no tolerance for what others have to say. I'm not here for that. Civility has flown out the window.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Senor_El_Guapo
young today have no attention span. need poco morsels. is why intagram and other form muy popular. y they no hunt.

True. You see a shift to pictures and gifs for everything. Shallow.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trolls and drama queens run a bunch of good contributors off.

Every website has an expiration date. Some go strong for a long time. Some never take off, and crash at the end of the runway.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by AH64guy
Between old age - and plain dying off in the older civil members - we've had a lot of good people going away from here.

The trolls and the "my view or die" types - it's not any fun to have a conversation on a lot of Boards.

Guys and gals like "Tanner"s age finally graduated, reached their adult-hood, and started out on a life of their own - very few have the patience or grace to welcome a teenage sportsman on here.

And, given the copious amount of videos on the Web, I think the younger crowd is drawn to seeing the hunt, rather than talking about.

Civility seems be a casualty more often these days. frown

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I think a lot if people are using YouTube as a gun/hunting forum. The searches are much easier and there's a lot of good YouTube channels about guns, hunting, gunsmithing, fishing and etc.

Last edited by victoro; 11/12/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
I was web stalking a few gun and hunting forums that I used to frequent. I was amazed at the lack of traffic on them. Most seem to have 5 or 6 prolific posters (many with very liberal/progressive views) and a smattering of other participants. But overall the traffic is way, way down from several years ago.

Is the discussion forum trend waning?

You're going to the wrong forums.

Some forums are dying because of mismanagement or overzealous moderators ... Shooters Forum is an example. Not only overzealous but really bad form. There are a few others and I get it, forum owners these days have issues to deal with, with the cancel culture and Google ads, that are a pain in the ass.

I'm so glad I sold out when I did. Subscription based models are the only way to cover expenses and/or make money now ... doesn't matter how many impressions you serve or what the CPM rate is when Google blocks you from everything. It should be criminal.

But still, bad forum management is the main reason some boards are collapsing. When mods over-moderate and alienate the most freedom loving community members in gunboard fifedom, as gun omwers are ... it never ends well. Gun owners detest censorship and heavy handedness. This forum does it right.

Also, again, there is an issue with de-monetizing some boards by Google that should be outlawed and dealt with in the courts and by congress. But there are ways around that.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Pre-internet when actual campfires were forums you risked severe mockery and or a punch in the mouth if you trolled too much.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by flintlocke
On any shooting forum, once Llama Bob has given his verdict...there is no room for any more discussion. Done.

No, you're looking at ti the wrong way. The entertainment potential goes off the charts, you just need to know which buttons to push.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On any shooting forum, once Llama Bob has given his verdict...there is no room for any more discussion. Done.

Labamba, got his empirical anus turned inside out a couple years ago when he was parlaying his pseudo-scientific knowledge on ballistics, iirc.

It was hilarious !

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by smokepole

No, you're looking at ti the wrong way. The entertainment potential goes off the charts, you just need to know which buttons to push.

grin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Chisos
It appears the corporations are trying to starve out the gun magazines. Notice the complete lack of any automotive advertising by Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, ect. One would think the truck manufacturers would be trying to entice hunters and the shooting public to buy their products.

Looking at the evolution of trucks of late makes me think the manufacturers don't give a rip about outdoorsman. Very little is currently being produced that isn't a form of overpriced curb queen. Rear coil springs for a smoother ride, park assist, trailer backing systems,...these trucks are aimed towards a citified/suburban customer base.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Most of the younger generation these days don't read much. They watch Tic-Toc or YouTube. Different forums have different rules and different objectives. The Accurate Shooters forums are ok but the general forum has tight rules on political posting so the liberals have the run of the house. If there's any conservative view posted one of the liberals will pitch a fit and get the thread shut down. It's that way on a lot of forums but it is what it is. The owner sets the rules.

Shooting posts run the gambit. People have been arguing about heavy slow bullets vs lighter faster bullets since the invention of the firearm. It won't change. People have been ragging on new cartridges since they started coming out. That won't change. Some people just like to bitch to hear their own chatter. That won't change.
I don't argue about anyone's choice of weapons. It serves no purpose. If you like the 257 Roberts you're not likely to change your mind. If you hate everything else, you aren't likely to change your mind. As far as magazines go; it's a hard business to get in and getting harder. Not many people read much anymore. In Jack O'Connor's day not many people could afford to go on extended hunts and Safaris. There apparently wasn't that many well heeled people running around the hunting fields. Today it's a different world. Well heeled sportsmen far outnumber the professional outdoor writers. I have great respect for many of them especially JB (MuleDeer). He's a good writer with a world of experience. I like to look up his posts, and some others to get their views on stuff. it's always interesting.

Forums are what they are and what We the membership make of them. However in America today there doesn't seem to be much room for sanity. Liberal leftists taint and sour everything they can get hold of. They'll start a ruckus and walk off smiling like a possum eating chit.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A lot of them are fud magnets.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I am a member of jeepforum.com and have been since 2009 and it's has headed down hill starting when the owner and original builder of the forum sold it to Autoguide. They have bought up several forums and every time they do the forum tanks. I'm surprised they don't own this one if and when they do buy it kiss it goodbye.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123

That's ridiculous. "Fudd" always has two d's.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123

That's ridiculous. "Fudd" always has two d's.

My apologies…..

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Trolls and drama queens run a bunch of good contributors off.

Yep

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/12/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because they are all here!!!

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Labamba, got his empirical anus turned inside out a couple years ago when he was parlaying his pseudo-scientific knowledge on ballistics, iirc.

It was hilarious !

🦫

Do you have the calculations to back that up?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 160user, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,166 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,047
Posts18,482,245
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.