-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I’m not surprised that this hasn’t made the news. Not every day a Toronto Swat team travels 100 miles to kill a gunsmith.
Google - Rodger Kotanko

Last edited by 450yukon; 11/10/21.
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Reading about this now, the first thing that jumps out besides the no knock BS, is why are the Toronto Police 125k away serving a search warrant without at least notifying the local PD?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
A 70 year old stroke survivor must have been an extreme danger for the TPS tacteam to be dispatched without notifying the local authorities. This incident really smells fishy, very likely a huge error by the police. It will be interesting to find out what the warrant was all about, and why the no-knock was required. Buckle in folks, May 1, 2022 is just a few months away.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Trudeau brown shirts , it’s starting..

Don’t sweat the petty stuff, don’t pet the sweaty stuff.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Steve Ridgewell approves.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by BowRiverFlyGuy
A 70 year old stroke survivor must have been an extreme danger for the TPS tacteam to be dispatched without notifying the local authorities. This incident really smells fishy, very likely a huge error by the police. It will be interesting to find out what the warrant was all about, and why the no-knock was required. Buckle in folks, May 1, 2022 is just a few months away.

The SIU, the so-called police oversight agency is a bureaucratic CYA paper tiger so criminal charges filed against the subject police officers is highly unlikely.
TPS doesn't want this to get to civil court. The family will get paid off and the incident will vanish into the mists of time.

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
https://youtu.be/Ju-UtFveiNE

TPS and Federal Government completely sweeping under the rug , nothing to see here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Abe;
Good morning to you sir, I hope that you're warm and dry wherever this finds you and that all who matter to you are well.

Honestly every time I watch an Ian Runkle video I appreciate him more and more.

For firearm owners here, he's a National Treasure in my view.

That entire incident stinks and as Canadians for sure, but especially firearm owning Canadians, we should be concerned and push for answers.

All the best to you this Christmas Season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Hope you and family have a merry Christmas and a happy new year..

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by AbeJohnsen
Trudeau brown shirts , it’s starting..

This ^^ The communists are taking over.....

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The answer to the question of what happened is simple: the Toronto police murdered a man for reason known only to the killers and the person or persons behind them. An occurrence like this raises the stakes considerably. One is tempted to dismiss it as an Ontario problem but, given the federal government of the day, their involvement is pretty easy to believe. Testing the waters? GD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
greydog;
Good morning to you my friend, I hope the weather's been behaving out your way and that you and yours are well.

Honestly the more I attempt to look into this situation, the more I'm agreeing with your assessment.

On the Ontario only issue, having chatted with folks involved in LE out here, it is emphatically not exclusive to back east.

The waters are being tested or if not greydog, then it just really looks like that to me.

My goodness I hope and pray I'm wrong - and that my friends are wrong too..

Regardless sir, all the best to you all this Christmas.

Dwayne

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I was not aware of this incident. I have some questions just based on the video.
I believe the lawyer said that Mr katanko was serving a customer at the time. What happened to the customer. He should be able to shed light.
If there was a search warrant did the police actually search the place .. if so what did they find and take. I believe they have to provide a list( not sure)
If they didn’t search the place they obviously came just to kill him. As the lawyer says a lot of answers have to be provided.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Speculation is the customer was an undercover cop. Which makes it doubly strange that they would have had to shoot Kotanko, given that they had someone on the inside directing the op.

They are required to file a “return” on the search warrant, detailing what they seized. IIRC, has to be done within 30 days. Having said that, the “return” isn’t public at this point in an investigation, though a copy should have been given to the family.

Frankly, nothing is, and the SIU can take many months to complete their investigation, which is also dependent on how much Toronto Police stonewall them (the subject officer’s statement is but a small part of it - there were numerous other police “witness” officers).

Despite all of that, it’s unconscionable that the family hasn’t been told a damned thing. Maybe there needs to be a Polack Lives Matter march.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Speculation is the customer was an undercover cop. Which makes it doubly strange that they would have had to shoot Kotanko, given that they had someone on the inside directing the op.

They are required to file a “return” on the search warrant, detailing what they seized. IIRC, has to be done within 30 days. Having said that, the “return” isn’t public at this point in an investigation, though a copy should have been given to the family.

Frankly, nothing is, and the SIU can take many months to complete their investigation, which is also dependent on how much Toronto Police stonewall them (the subject officer’s statement is but a small part of it - there were numerous other police “witness” officers).

Despite all of that, it’s unconscionable that the family hasn’t been told a damned thing. Maybe there needs to be a Polack Lives Matter march.

Its all going to be swept under the rug. Remember the two cops that emptied their guns into that fire station back east when that nut case was running around shooting people ?? They should have been charged with dangerous use of a firearm and fired but they werent. We have a two tiered legal system...laws for thee, but not for me....

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Any further developments on this?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
easttex;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day's been a good one for you.

The last information I've been able to get through the CCFR - Canadian Coalition for Firearms Rights - which I'm a member of, is that the Toronto Police Services are stonewalling on all fronts.

The family filed a $28 Million dollar lawsuit against them on Jan 18th this year, in part I believe to get some discovery of events leading up to and the shooting itself.

Like the fake RCMP shooter in Nova Scotia, there's been precious little forthcoming from any body of LEO as far as information goes.

Sorry I can't provide more.

All the best.

Dwayne

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

473 members (160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 41 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,762
Posts18,476,578
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.