Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well done ... both of you!

My cousin, former resident of Boise, killed a nice bull moose up in the Island Park area several years ago. He was alone. Killed it about 10:00 A.M. It took him nearly two full days to clean and skin it, quarter it, and then pack out the meat and horns. He said he was happy to have killed the moose, but did not think he wanted to go moose hunting again, alone. Wonder why? grin

Thanks for the pictures and narrative.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very well done gentlemen. Thanks for taking us along.

TDN Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dave - as always - great writing!!

It was a helluva few days and some lifetime memories!

Thanks for the kind words fellas.
As you can tell from these stories year after year - Dave is the real deal. Generous, kind, salt of the earth, lifelong friend. I left Idaho bottoming out the rental van's suspension with over 450lbs of moose but with deep gratitude for the friends and opportunity to chase critters in beautiful country once again.

"You know why nobody panic buys 30-06 ammo? ... Because men with 30-06's don't panic"
TDN Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Another fun read! Congratulations to TDN.

How long did it take Tim to drive from Idaho back home to Michigan? Fly in, drive home with an ark full of meat. Love it.

šŸ¦«

I did that outta Wyoming 1 year. Partners couldnā€™t travel so I flew, figuring Iā€™d do the same as Tim. Got lucky and got a bull. Got a ride from Afton to Cheyenne, spent an overnight with a buddy, who took me to Denver to rent a small SUV. Beat feet back to Va. if you got a buddy with camp, it isnā€™t a bad way to roll.

Love these sorta hunts!

Things really came together logistically for this hunt. While I budgeted a week+ for the experience... I was just coming out of my contagious Covid window and we still had all three kids home from school... so part of me didn't thing this thing was even going to happen. But, my wife is INCREDIBLE and kept saying "you should go... just come home as soon as you can"

So, I was gone 98.5 hours from leaving the house for the airport to arriving home w/ meat + antlers I the rental van. (finding ANY rental car was a trick given the shortages, but especially one they'd let me take 1,700 miles!)

Last edited by TDN; 11/17/21.

"You know why nobody panic buys 30-06 ammo? ... Because men with 30-06's don't panic"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Great post! Enjoyed following along. Congrats on a successful hunt/adventure. Well done!

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Congrats TDN & Iddave ! ! ! !

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
2 thumbs up iddave and TDN! Congrats on taking a great bull!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Absolutely awesome!

Great job you guys! Thatā€™s what I love about this place!

ļæ½Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.ļæ½ ļæ½General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Congrats. Great hunt.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TDN
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Another fun read! Congratulations to TDN.

How long did it take Tim to drive from Idaho back home to Michigan? Fly in, drive home with an ark full of meat. Love it.

šŸ¦«

I did that outta Wyoming 1 year. Partners couldnā€™t travel so I flew, figuring Iā€™d do the same as Tim. Got lucky and got a bull. Got a ride from Afton to Cheyenne, spent an overnight with a buddy, who took me to Denver to rent a small SUV. Beat feet back to Va. if you got a buddy with camp, it isnā€™t a bad way to roll.

Love these sorta hunts!

Things really came together logistically for this hunt. While I budgeted a week+ for the experience... I was just coming out of my contagious Covid window and we still had all three kids home from school... so part of me didn't thing this thing was even going to happen. But, my wife is INCREDIBLE and kept saying "you should go... just come home as soon as you can"

So, I was gone 98.5 hours from leaving the house for the airport to arriving home w/ meat + antlers I the rental van. (finding ANY rental car was a trick given the shortages, but especially one they'd let me take 1,700 miles!)

98.5 hours. You're a maniac!

How about a blow by blow on the 1,700 mile trip back to MI! You must have driven straight through.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What a great write-up of a memorable hunt! Congrats to you both and thanks for the enjoyable read.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Congratulations to both of you on a job well done!!

The Campfire is a special place that has spawned many friendships for me over the years, and some very close ones! I've shared amazing hunt's with incredible Men..........and enjoyed every moment of them!

Thank you for the recounting of your story.....it helps me get through these years that I've not been able to go hunting.....hopefully soon, with the move and new job, I'll be able to get back out into the Wilds again!

Again, great story about a fun adventure!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families as well!

Frog-----OUT!

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Stories like this are what makes 24HCF great!

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Most excellent!

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Congratulations to both of you on an awesome hunt! Thank you for sharing your wonderful write-up of the adventure.

If ifs and buts were like candy and nuts, it would be Christmas every day.

ā€œThe .30-06 is never a mistake.ā€ - Col. Townsend Whelan
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well done Boyos !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thatā€™s bad ass!!

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Great hunt, great story, great friends, GREAT JOB!

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~

3-7-77
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Congrats Tim.. way to make it happen! You waste NO time! Proud of ya!!!
I challenge anyone to find a better author/storyteller on the www than my man Dave. It's an honor to hunt with the dude and call him my friend. The adventures he and I have had and will have will last a lifetime. I'm still "the okayest" (inside joke) but have been forced to keep up with this guy or get left in the dust. Thanks Buddy!

That calls for a left handed fist bump bro
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Great read! Congrats to both of you on an excelent hunt.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 48 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,058
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.