NRA Endowment Member

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
He was a good boy

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
I'm not staying glued on it but trying to check up occasionally

Keep us updated.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I really dont know what to think. I think we all agree he was up to no good, but to chase him down in a truck and jump out with a shotgun....

If it wasnt filmed, we wouldnt even be talking about this case.

Last edited by killerv; 11/18/21.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by killerv
I really dont know what to think. I think we all agree he was up to no good, but to chase him down in a truck and jump out with a shotgun....

That's liberal BS. You are not required to go unarmed when you endeavor to detain a burglar for the police. It was Arbery's grabbing of the shotgun that got him killed. What should the defendant have done? Let a suspected burglar wrest the shotgun from his grip?

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
He was known to steal.
And use "jogging" as a cover.

Reportedly laughed about it.

Finally got caught by folks a little more serious, and IMHO he knew the game was over, and why he went for the gun.

Some folks, when they see their crap aint gonna cut it...........push things to the max.

SOP for certain criminals.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by killerv

That's liberal BS. You are not required to go unarmed when you endeavor to detain a burglar for the police. It was Arbery's grabbing of the shotgun that got him killed. What should the defendant have done? Let a suspected burglar wrest the shotgun from his grip?

I didn't say if it was legal or illegal....but would you have done what they did?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by hookeye
He was known to steal.
And use "jogging" as a cover.

Reportedly laughed about it.

Finally got caught by folks a little more serious, and IMHO he knew the game was over, and why he went for the gun.

Some folks, when they see their crap aint gonna cut it...........push things to the max.

SOP for certain criminals.

Judge wouldnt allow any of his priors in court.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know about his priors. There was no record on the videos of him stealing anything.
I just heard on the news yesterday that he wanted to be electrician like his uncle. That could easily explain his interest in the house under construction. Early in my career I would look at homes under construction to see how things were done.
The situation is sad, if he hadn't rushed the gun he'd still be alive. Sit on the curd and wait for the cops.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I don't know about his priors. There was no record on the videos of him stealing anything.
I just heard on the news yesterday that he wanted to be electrician like his uncle. That could easily explain his interest in the house under construction. Early in my career I would look at homes under construction to see how things were done.
The situation is sad, if he hadn't rushed the gun he'd still be alive. Sit on the curd and wait for the cops.

He had a couple for sure, I think one was a gun charge from 2013, at a school. Local law enforcement called him "the jogger" because that was his excuse for every time they had to deal with him. They tried to get police reports, etc admitted from his earlier altercations but judge said no.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Out of a Savannah Paper

"In a written order, Superior Court Judge Timothy Walmsley ruled evidence of Arbery’s past run-ins with the law could unfairly “lead the jury to believe that although Arbery did not apparently commit any felony that day, he may pose future dangerousness in that he would eventually commit more alleged crimes, and therefore, the Defendants’ actions were somehow justified.”

“The character of victim is neither relevant nor admissible in murder trial,” the judge wrote in his ruling Monday."

"Arbery was unarmed when he was killed. Prosecutors have said nothing was stolen from the construction site and Arbery was merely jogging.

Defense attorneys have also asked the judge to let them introduce evidence Arbery suffered from a mental illness. Walmsley has not ruled on that request.

Arbery pleaded guilty to charges he carried a gun onto a high school campus in 2013, a year after he graduated. Rodney Ellis, police chief for the Glynn County school system, testified at Wednesday’s hearing that Arbery tried to evade officers on foot and stopped only when two of them pointed guns at him.

He was also arrested in 2017 on charges that he tried to steal a TV from a Walmart store. Court records show he pleaded guilty to shoplifting. Arbery was on probation at the time of his death."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rushing an armed man is a very bad idea, in Brunswick, Ga. or Kenosha, WI.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Those boys are going to the Big House.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The Big House is in Macon and is an awesome Allman Bro museum.

https://thebighousemuseum.com/

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D

I think the question is “how long.”

NRA Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

They will probably re-institute hanging for this one.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
These guys will get found guilty! Right or wrong! Sad on both sides, when they could have called the police and kept him under observation. There is a time for armed confrontation, this wasn't one of them.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Wonder what the theft rate is around there now, since that one taken off the observation list.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,262
Posts18,486,476
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.