Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am trying to find an AR10 Pistol less than 16" barrel and 26" OAL.

This is the requirement in Minnesota for deer hunting in the SE part of the state. I have been checking and I haven't found anyone yet. I spoke to the DNR conservation officer and that is what he says is the requirement.

I thought maybe someone on the campfire may have the same issue?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you!!

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Are you building, or just buying a complete pistol?

Building - you're probably looking at something like this:

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-308-pistol-complete-lower-receiver-with-sba3-brace

You'd need to get a barrel that brings you under the 26 inches - probably a 10-12 inch - if the restriction includes extended length - maybe shorter.

I'll let the rest of the members talk you out of it, or into a different caliber in the AR platform... cool
:

Last edited by AH64guy; 11/16/21.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Holy mother of deafness! LOL!

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
This is a 7 1/2" Bbl......

OAL 23 1/2"

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Muffin; 11/16/21.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Holy mother of deafness! LOL!

YEP! Haven't shot it, NEVER will!

In fact everything except the receiver is for sale!!!!!

And after Saturday it might even be gone!

Last edited by Muffin; 11/16/21.

( . Y . )
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My brother has a Springfield Armory AR10 pistol, I thought he was nuts to buy it and I have not been around him when he shot it, but even he says it is vulgar.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would prefer my boomerang, thank you.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Double your ear protection and wear sunglasses because its going to get your attention as well as anyone who is standing near you.

NRA Endowment Member
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
PTR?

Geez, I would imagine touching off a 308 in a pistol length barrel would be like a concussion grenade.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Are only pistols allowed? AR-10's should be rifle length battle rifles. Why not just buy a 44 mag pistol like a Ruger with scope mounts, and put a scope on it if only pistols are allowed. 44 mag gets you 100 yard shots or more.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'll try to help 'talk you off the ledge'.....grin

Here's a 7.62x39 with 10.5" barrel. Upper from PSA. It's not going to have the soup of the 308, but it is still civilized enough to enjoy shooting. 124gr ammo generally clocks around 2150-2200 fps or so.

Dressed up in Magpul furniture,

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
And from pic 1 which types keep showing up on various forums and numerous people showing an ar pistol being used as an SBR. No wonder they want to NFA them.

Swifty
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Swifty52
And from pic 1 which types keep showing up on various forums and numerous people showing an ar pistol being used as an SBR. No wonder they want to NFA them.

ATF deemed it legal, not me.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
If someone wants to make one, I'd sell everything but the Lower Receiver from the pic above, the one next to the Lowes yard stick............

7 1/2" .223

You'll get the complete upper, BCG and recoil buffer assbly....................

PM if you're interested................

I'm taking it to the gunshow tomorrow...............

Last edited by Muffin; 11/19/21.

( . Y . )
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Hell, I had zero interest in AR pistols, until the ATF clarified the legality of the brace, and brace contact with the body.

If you look at the pic, the brace is not even contacting my shoulder, it's on my pec/collarbone.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Play word games all you want but your pic doesn’t show the brace attached to the forearm, nor is it being used to stabilize firing one handed.
Does show the weapon not secured to the body in anyway and positioned against the shoulder to stabilize while firing 2 handed.

As I said you can play word games about what shoulder means with ATF all you want but common definition is the bones, muscles and tissue between the lower neck and shoulder joint connecting it to the body.

A pistol brace, also known as a stabilizing brace, is an accessory that attaches to the rear of the gun and allows the firearm to be fired one-handed. It basically slips around the forearm of the shooter and, using Velcro, secures to the arm. The goal is to stabilize the gun as you’re firing.

What makes a brace different from a buttstock?

The critical element comes down to how a brace and buttstock are used.

A buttstock fits against the shoulder, allowing for better management of the rifle’s recoil. But it is not secured to the shooter in way.

Last edited by Swifty52; 11/19/21.

Swifty
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Play word games all you want but your pic doesn’t show the brace attached to the forearm, nor is it being used to stabilize firing one handed.
Does show the weapon not secured to the body in anyway and positioned against the shoulder to stabilize while firing 2 handed.

As I said you can play word games about what shoulder means with ATF all you want but common definition is the bones, muscles and tissue between the lower neck and shoulder joint connecting it to the body.

A pistol brace, also known as a stabilizing brace, is an accessory that attaches to the rear of the gun and allows the firearm to be fired one-handed. It basically slips around the forearm of the shooter and, using Velcro, secures to the arm. The goal is to stabilize the gun as you’re firing.

What makes a brace different from a buttstock?

The critical element comes down to how a brace and buttstock are used.

A buttstock fits against the shoulder, allowing for better management of the rifle’s recoil. But it is not secured to the shooter in way.

Thanks Mr. ATF man.

But I do agree with you that posting of pics on the internets using a brace in a "certain way" doesn't do good for anyone... maybe ESPECIALLY for the person shown in the image

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Here is a good synopsis of the evolution and current state of pistol braces and their legal use:

https://www.80percentarms.com/blog/can-you-shoulder-an-ar-pistol-brace-legality-atf-findings/

The latest ruling (2017) specifies that shouldering is legal again as long as it is done “incidentally, situationally or sporadically.”

Since then, new rulings are in the hopper, but have not been published as of now. Probably coming soon enough though.

Sorry, but I will not feel guilty for exercising my rights in accordance with the laws, and the current rulings of the ATF.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by CORDrew

Thanks Mr. ATF man.

But I do agree with you that posting of pics on the internets using a brace in a "certain way" doesn't do good for anyone... maybe ESPECIALLY for the person shown in the image

Gawd damn am I laughing at that. I hate them peckers with a passion. Shot in a trap league for 10 years that 1 team consisted of 2 ATF and 3 US Marshals. All a bunch of pricks.
I have very little give a sh*t what anyone on here has or does. But.

Look at the picture then read what he posted as justification, by his own words it can be implied the whole reason or intent to buy the pistol with that brace is that he could circumvent the NFA on SBR’s. Bad ju ju for everyone in the hands of unscrupulous people.
Statements along with pictures can actually open a can of worms.
Ask Biden’s aide that tweeted “ the OSHA rule is the ultimate workaround to mandatory vaccination. “ successfully used against em it was.

Do as you wish.

Swifty
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (1lesfox, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 47 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,498
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.