Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If people ignore the ATF, where is their power?

Politics is War by Other Means
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Originally Posted by CORDrew

Thanks Mr. ATF man.

But I do agree with you that posting of pics on the internets using a brace in a "certain way" doesn't do good for anyone... maybe ESPECIALLY for the person shown in the image

Gawd damn am I laughing at that. I hate them peckers with a passion. Shot in a trap league for 10 years that 1 team consisted of 2 ATF and 3 US Marshals. All a bunch of pricks.
I have very little give a sh*t what anyone on here has or does. But.

Look at the picture then read what he posted as justification, by his own words it can be implied the whole reason or intent to buy the pistol with that brace is that he could circumvent the NFA on SBR’s. Bad ju ju for everyone in the hands of unscrupulous people.
Statements along with pictures can actually open a can of worms.
Ask Biden’s aide that tweeted “ the OSHA rule is the ultimate workaround to mandatory vaccination. “ successfully used against em it was.

Do as you wish.

Am I in violation of the law???

The answer is no.

To be completely honest, after playing with the pistol format for a year or so, I lost interest in it, as the brace is not a stock, and makes for a $hitty substitute. It's easy for me to choose ballistics from my 14.5 p/w or 16" barrels. My pistol barrels are in the spare parts box.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Originally Posted by CORDrew

Thanks Mr. ATF man.

But I do agree with you that posting of pics on the internets using a brace in a "certain way" doesn't do good for anyone... maybe ESPECIALLY for the person shown in the image

Gawd damn am I laughing at that. I hate them peckers with a passion. Shot in a trap league for 10 years that 1 team consisted of 2 ATF and 3 US Marshals. All a bunch of pricks.
I have very little give a sh*t what anyone on here has or does. But.

Look at the picture then read what he posted as justification, by his own words it can be implied the whole reason or intent to buy the pistol with that brace is that he could circumvent the NFA on SBR’s. Bad ju ju for everyone in the hands of unscrupulous people.
Statements along with pictures can actually open a can of worms.
Ask Biden’s aide that tweeted “ the OSHA rule is the ultimate workaround to mandatory vaccination. “ successfully used against em it was.

Do as you wish.

Am I in violation of the law???

The answer is no.

To be completely honest, after playing with the pistol format for a year or so, I lost interest in it, as the brace is not a stock, and makes for a $hitty substitute. It's easy for me to choose ballistics from my 14.5 p/w or 16" barrels. My pistol barrels are in the spare parts box.

Man for a guy guilty of nothing you sure are backtracking. LMAO naw it’s worthless.

Rule 1. Never ever post anything online you wish you hadn’t

Rule 2. Never post pictures that can be construed as an illegal act referring to rule 1

Rule 3. If doing testing or considering what could be considered an illegal act, do it alone then shut up. Nobody can drop a dime on you. Also refer to rule 1.

Myself I plead the 5th on rule 3 as I don’t want to incriminate myself.

Swifty
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I just stay within the law, and do what suits me.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
My dislike for the brace, (mine is an SBA3) I just found it too short, and not rigid enough.

Down the road I may SBR a lower, but haven't as of yet.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Rule 1. Never ever post anything online you wish you hadn’t

I'm sure MM didn't regret it until you showed up!
Goodness, Karen!

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Maybe Swifty should go to YouTube and peruse AR pistol reviews.

There is a lot of work for him over there, saving people from their legal shouldering of AR pistols.....on video no less....OMG!!!

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
To follow up on what I said before, I think above all else people should be free to do as they want, with the usual caveats. And I own some braced pistols and “use” my braces.

But the law on braces is not defined. The ATF has made statements which are not law. And the statements have been very inconsistent, subjective, and ambiguous. The law on SBR definitions is clear. If the ATF, or any other law enforcement agency for that matter, decided to prosecute a person for an illegal SBR, based on usage or other factors, they can definitely do so. They might lose in court, and they have lost at least one case involving a braced pistol being called an sbr but it might not go that way next time.

So for me, I don’t post pictures online of me doing much of anything, let alone “using” my pistols

But to each their own, and may we all see a day when the NFA IS DEAD AND GONE

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Muffin
If someone wants to make one, I'd sell everything but the Lower Receiver from the pic above, the one next to the Lowes yard stick............

7 1/2" .223

You'll get the complete upper, BCG and recoil buffer assbly....................

PM if you're interested................

I'm taking it to the gunshow tomorrow...............

Bad, Evil, Pistol GONE....................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,393
Posts18,488,781
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.