Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I wonder if crime/ thefts went down in the neighborhood after Arbery was shot?...Wouldn't that tell if they got the right guy or not?

My little hometown in Texas used to be a great place to live...Never had to worry about locking your doors, etc. Now you have to chain down everything you own to keep the meth heads from walking off with it, even in broad daylight. If this little Georgia town is like that, I can understand why these guys would be frustrated enough to go after Arbery. Probably sick of themselves and their neighbors losing everything they own...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Everybody knows you can't chase a f ugging guy down and kill him because he was jogging and you suspected he was a burglar. Guys got what they deserved, guilty.

Now the moron that advised them to have all their cases tried together needs their heads examined.

I can see your point when you are devoid of the facts and believe everything the media told you to believe. Unfortunately, that is not what happened and the jury and Defense fuched it all up.

In regards to trying the cases together, I totally agree that was a massive miscalculation. But Roddie Bryan paid the biggest price for that so I'm not crying much for him. He's a fuching moron of note and deserves to be the head prison bitch for the rest of his life. They're going to be lovein on him for long time.

Last edited by STRSWilson; 11/24/21.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Got what they deserved.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Does it matter?

It does. He was reasonably believed to be the burglar that had been plaguing the neighborhood. Citizens are permitted to detain for the police those reasonably believed to be burglars, and citizens may be armed while doing so. If you are a burglar, you should expect to be confronted by armed citizens. Or at least that is the case in any sane society.

Name the state in which the laws apply as you stated....

OK, Georgia (before they changed the law as a result of this case.)

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Does it matter?

It does. He was reasonably believed to be the burglar that had been plaguing the neighborhood. Citizens are permitted to detain for the police those reasonably believed to be burglars, and citizens may be armed while doing so. If you are a burglar, you should expect to be confronted by armed citizens. Or at least that is the case in any sane society.

Reasonably believed or were guessing?

Had a burglary just occurred immediately prior to this incident?

I read today that GA law does not allow forced detention citizen arrest. I guess they have to agree to be detained?

Had these men previously ID’d the jogger and knew his rap sheet or was that after the fact?

I haven’t followed this trial much.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Ironbender read the post above yours .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hookeye
From the stuff I read a while back, they tried to stop him.
No shots, no pointing gun at him and were of some distance.

Arbery chose to engage an armed person.

The leftists of the Fire don't wish to be confused by the facts.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by hookeye
From the stuff I read a while back, they tried to stop him.
No shots, no pointing gun at him and were of some distance.

Arbery chose to engage an armed person.

The leftists of the Fire don't wish to be confused by the facts.

Ran out of cogent arguments, huh? Now enters name calling. I'm anything but left of far right, and you ran out of foolish assertions.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Trespassing is evidence of a crime.

Then I've got a bunch of hunters to shoot this year, based on your "logic".

You twist facts the way the MSM did with the Rittenhouse case, i.e., we were told Rittenhouse ran around shooting people. No, he possessed a shotgun, and was himself attacked by Arbery, resulting in a struggle for possession, during which struggle Arbery was shot.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
You dumbasses won't give it up, will you? Arbury didn't get shot until he tried to wrestle away a weapon.

Are you really that stupid or are you just an [bleep]?

Some of us recognize that when a bunch of people in motor vehicles brandishing firearms have been chasing a person on foot across town for several minutes. Cursing, screaming, and threatening said person. Any reasonable person would recognize that as an attack.

Upon being run to the point of exhaustion by motorists, one of those motorists jumps out brandishing his shotgun to further his ATTACK.

Any reasonable person being attacked in this manner, after being run to the point of exhaustion, would know. He can either turn his back and try to walk away, and be shot in the back. Or he could attempt to fight back and possibly die as a result.

Most of the posters on this forum CLAIM they would fight back to their last breath in such a situation.

Is there any here who would claim that Arbery was not under attack????

Just like Kyle Rittenhouse was under attack????

Yeah, the guys attacking Kyle thought they were justified in their actions as well.

Justice has been properly served in both cases, except for the fact that Kyle should have never been arrested, nor should he have been faced with a trial.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You twist facts the way the MSM did with the Rittenhouse case, i.e., we were told Rittenhouse ran around shooting people. No, he possessed a shotgun, and was himself attacked by Arbery, resulting in a struggle for possession, during which struggle Arbery was shot.

LOL, talk about twisting the facts. "McMichael was attacked by Arbery." Yes he was, but you conveniently left out the part where he was running away and being chased down and detained by a non-LEO.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Well in actuality’s trespassing can be evidence of a crime, 2 years ago I damn near shot one.
Crime coming into my yard (trespassing) and taking a big ole dooker, really pizzed me off. Village has a leash ordinance, he wasn’t on one, so being really tired of this trespasser sh*ting on my lawn also not wanting to be demonized as the guy who shot poor innocent woofy, I called the sheriff and reported poor woofy had acted aggressively on my property and I damn near shot him and would next time.
Sheriff talks to poor innocent woofy’s owners.
Poor ole woofy never trespassed again, always on a leash or chain, piles of dog sh*t disappeared.

😁

True story.

Last edited by Swifty52; 11/24/21.

Swifty
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by STRSWilson

Does it matter?

Two years ago, Georgia law allowed any citizen to stop at gunpoint any other citizen whom they might suspect was guilty of a crime at some date in the past???????

Felony? Misdemeanor? Vague suspicion? Sure and certain knowledge? Observation?

None of that mattered?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Guilty

For sure?

I had a feeling it would go that way.

You think? They could not possibly be more guilty.

M
Muffin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bottom line - the jury heard the States case, they also heard the defense rebuttal...........

And in short order, 2 1/2 days, they came to a verdict..............

I didn't watch the trail........... for those that did, was the Felony identified that Arbery was attempting to escape from????

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by STRSWilson

Does it matter?

Two years ago, Georgia law allowed any citizen to stop at gunpoint any other citizen whom they might suspect was guilty of a crime at some date in the past???????

Felony? Misdemeanor? Vague suspicion? Sure and certain knowledge? Observation?

None of that mattered?

You have to witness the crime, see it in action....suspicion or guesses won't hold up in court. What was the first thing the guy said in the 911 call ?.... "operator" what do you have to report ?'......"Idiot" there's a black guy running through our neighborhood.

Did any of you actually watch the trial and listen to recording and see the video ?

lol

Last edited by Bwana_1; 11/24/21.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

There you go making up false facts again. No one pointed a gun at anyone till the gun was grabbed and a struggle for it ensued.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Local known thief just got popped by another local known thief. One dead, one going to prison for murder.

Two w one stone kinda deal.

Doesnt happen often enough.

Last edited by hookeye; 11/24/21.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Brandishing Hawkeye, Brandishing.

Most states have a legal definition, of which I am quite assured you are aware.

M
Muffin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
just for perspective:

Trespass with a weapon in Georgia is a misdemeanor.

As is pointing a weapon at someone..............

GA citizens arrest Law applies to those that are attempting to evade a Felony...............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (222Sako, 1936M71, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.