Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Originally Posted by EFHutton
Went in for sinus cocktail shot this morning, the nurse came in first to do what they do first , after going through the temp check , Blood pressure check and all that she ask did I have guns in the house , I refused to answer.. WTH ?

Should have asked her if she was buying or selling?

Should have ask her bra size. One personal question deserves another.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Originally Posted by EFHutton
Went in for sinus cocktail shot this morning, the nurse came in first to do what they do first , after going through the temp check , Blood pressure check and all that she ask did I have guns in the house , I refused to answer.. WTH ?

Should have asked her if she was buying or selling?

Should have ask her bra size. One personal question deserves another.

LOL !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If a nurse asks me that question I'm answering with "What color panties you got on?"

If the Doc asks I'll answer with "What color panties does your wife have on?"

One inappropriate question gets answered with another inappropriate question.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Saying something like none of your business they know you do so they will answer yes on the form. I just tell them no and go on. If it ever comes up that I said no, I will say I am hard of hearing and I thought they asked if I had any guns in my house for sale.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They always ask me if anyone is beating or abusing me or do I have trouble dressing myself?

Do I have thoughts of self-harm?

LOL

maybe I’m on a separate protocol than you all

😃

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This question is pretty funny...I have my pistol on me when I go to my doc or dentist.

I guess asking me that question would seem ridiculous...So, I’ve never been asked.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My wife's a PA and had some old dude bring his gun in to his appointment and take it out and show it to her and by gun I mean revolver. I was pissed when she told me and wanted to go rattle his cage but she won't tell me his name because of Hippa laws.

I'm all for concelled or open carry but not ok with someone thinking it's show and tell time while in an exam room alone with a women. All she told me was that he just moved here from California. I don't want to create a stir at her work because I don't want any more limits on carrying I just wish people had more sense about it.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
MY doctor and I get along very well and he told me once this was at one time a Federal requirement for doctors who got federal funds in any manner- Medicare, etc.... to ask during their annual or initial exams.... only happened the once and I told him " I could tell you, but I would have to.... well, you know"....

He laughed, I laughed, the computer laughed....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My doctor knows there's one on my hip when I'm in his office.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Beaver10
This question is pretty funny...I have my pistol on me when I go to my doc or dentist.

I guess asking me that question would seem ridiculous...So, I’ve never been asked.

🦫

I always wear my Colt tee shirt when I see a new Doc.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
L
I could be mistaken, but I think it started under Obama, about the time of Obamacare. I've been asked when I lived in CO.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
If they asked me that... I might ask if she had fresh "D size" batteries in her vibrator.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The AMA is yet another Libturd org, that supports more gun control and considers firearms ownership to be a causal part of health related issues.

Some years ago when that question began to pop up and I saw mention of it on the webs, filled out a lengthy form while waiting for my annual check up. Then when I was shown to an exam room, a girl asked me the same damn Qs all over again.

"Have you fallen in the past year", is a favorite. I don't answer her right away. When she repeats it, I say that I'm now in my 70s, WTH do you think?

When my doctor came in, grumbled about that duplication of effort. Asked why there wasn't a Q about firearms in the home, as I'd heard that was now a thing. My annual is in January.

He's as sarcastic as I am, asked if I'd gotten a deer and that he'd killed a nice buck. So we yakked about deer season for a minute or two. Then he told me since he knew I hunted, no point in asking if I own firearms. Said I was too old'n gimpy to run one down afoot and whack it with a club.

He just changed the health system he's affilated with, so I'll see what Qs are on this year's form.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Teal
Why do you ask?

Want to make sure you're safe.

What training do you have when it comes to firearm safety or the proper application of lethal force?

None

Does your malpractice insurance provider know you're offering advice as a medical professional on such topics? Would you like them to know?

Good one. Direct and on point.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by jnyork
I live in Wyoming so they never bother to ask, everyone in Wyoming has guns in the house. grin

Probably the same in Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My VA doc, now retired, a cool old gal, asked me "Do you ever feel abused at home?"

When I hesitated, she said "Only when you deserve it, right?" Like I said, a cool doc, former Army. I miss her, but I hope she's enjoying a well earned retirement.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It's a backdoor national data base entry for firearm ownership done in the gullible atmosphere of the Docs office on many.

.Gov DGAF about Hippa bullschit when they deem it is time to use all sources of info for gun control.

Anyone thinking otherwise is naive...

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
All my cardiologist asks me is how he can get his guns out of California and Nevada to Texas. He had misconceptions ( as many do) on transportation and "registration". He was quite pleased with my answers. I asked him last time I was there if he got them, and he said he was waiting an bit more on the pandemic fervor to die down before trying to travel.

He’s a good guy, hobby woodworker. He like tinkering with old furniture and such.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
VA is always phishing for schit.

They want ya to go PTSD claim.
They act real subtle with innuendo questioning like you are not normal if you dont want anything to do with it and answer no to their bullschitt.
And drop it when you tell them my MOS was violence and I wasnt a Remf that did 3 or 4 years looking for a lifetime check saying all the magic words and phrases for a check to you people.
They go into brief silent bob mode and move onto to the other questions then.
Cause they know you are check firing em on what they are pushing for .gov job security in their system and .gov info seeking.

All sources of .gov info for gun control when they deem it is needed.

Anyone thinking otherwise is naive....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wabigoon
When I did personal record in the Army, some answers were, 'NA".

“Mr. Wabigoon, what is your IQ?”

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,572
Posts18,491,887
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.