Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Yeah, fish and deer are the same thing lol.

You insensitive clod.

This straight from the Hindustan Times; the Brits have determined even lobsters have feelings....

https://www.hindustantimes.com/envi...sentient-beings-101637722453081-amp.html

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I worked on an elk ranch for a season in central Idaho. There were some huge bulls that were brought in for a few weeks, or maybe for a few months before being killed, but they were still all inside a 3,000 acre high fence. The hunters were absolutely pathetic, but it was both fun and legal. I am not aware of any of them claiming it to be a real hunt.

I didn't have an issue with it.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Dutch
Just an observation from the peanut gallery, but I've stocked many a pond for guys that were avowed "anti high fence" hunters. Lots of competition for my spent brood stock steelhead, guys would get really pissy if they couldn't get them one year..... We used to sell canned pheasant hunts at the RMEF banquet, for crying out loud. No one ever saw the irony.....

As long as the critter gets eaten and they don't break the law, I really don't care if they shoot a rabbit, a pheasant, a cow, a pig or a deer.....

Lol !!! on the Clinch River they had or still have hi power rifle season for carp.
Heavy bullets mid velocity work best for best concussive effect.
Think 45-70 and calibers similar too or bigger like .458 win
Had a Joe in my sqd from Virginia in the early 90,s tell us all about it.
Elevated stands next to shallows.
You dont aim for the fish even compensating for the refraction angle.
You shoot beside it for most shockwave effect in the water and least meat damage.
Stun the fugg outta it and rupture its internal organs

Yes they ate the fugging things also.....
🤢🤢🤢

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I sure would not pay $20,000 to shoot a whitetail. If I had that kind of dough laying around I would put it down on an elk hunt on the Tejon Ranch or on a Tule Elk hunt on a private ranch. And fyi California does not have any high fence game ranches. They are illegal here. I care not how other people spend their money as all conservatives should.

Last edited by mjs3240; 11/25/21.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
gotta be a special kind of retaahd to want to participate in one of them hunts. i knew this dipschit older couple from church who seemed to have a lot of money somehow and they were showing pictures of them with some fuggen things that looked like zebras with horns. the wife bragged about never having shot a gun before and blasting one of these fuggen disney character things. kind of made me sick.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by mjs3240
I sure would not pay $20,000 to shoot a whitetail. If I had that kind of dough laying around I would put it down on an elk hunt on the Tejon Ranch or on a Tule Elk hunt on a private ranch. And fyi California does not have any high fence game ranches. They are illegal here. I care not how other people spend their money as all conservatives should.

A Californian lecturing on "conservatism" lol.

Emote all over the place and virtue signal yourself to death. No one is saying they don't have the "right" to buy a farm animal and shoot it. Only that it isn't hunting, and therefore isn't poaching. If you want to pay me enough, I'll buy one of the longhorns down the road, I'll turn it loose in an acre pen and you can come "hunt" it.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

More liberal regulation. What difference does make if a rancher wants to sell his livestock to some rich guy to be shot? It's his livestock and the government shouldn't have any say in how he sells it. High fence shooting doesn't appeal to me in the least but if a rancher can make a $$ with it, it's his right.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

More liberal regulation. What difference does make if a rancher wants to sell his livestock to some rich guy to be shot? It's his livestock and the government shouldn't have any say in how he sells it. High fence shooting doesn't appeal to me in the least but if a rancher can make a $$ with it, it's his right.

It’s not that simple.

When you factor in diseases and escaped livestock for example. That’s not new ground.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It’s not that simple.

When you factor in diseases and escaped livestock for example. That’s not new ground.

BillyGoatGruff;
Good evening to you my cyber friend, I hope Thanksgiving Day is treating you and your fine family well.

Since I've got family who are still in the agriculture business, this is one topic among a few that we've agreed to disagree on.

They've had issues with disease on elk farms in Saskatchewan in the past and now I read that some of the FN reserves up there have canned deer hunts too.

In BC - so far - game farming of any natural big game is unlawful, though we do allow salmon farming on the coast which is another fine kettle of fish.

Anyways I'm with you in that it's not new ground - it's pretty much proven to be a bad thing for the wild herd.

All the best to you all and Happy Thanksgiving.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
So if a rancher could make a dollar by growing opium popppies ot putting up a green house and growing cocain plants that would be OK then. So far there is no CWD in California and I would like to see it stay that way. It is also illegal to bait wildlife here. I am a 5th generation Californian. My mothers great grandfather came to California in the same group as the Donner Party but he thantfully did not take the Hastings cuttoff. I guess I could tuck my tail between my legs like a whipped dog and sell my house for $1 million plus and move to Idaho or Arkansas or even Tennessee. But I think this state is worth trying to save. It is my home and I am not going to be driven from it by a bunch a$$ hole polititans. I do not have that many years left on this earth anyway. Rant over!

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I figure here in Texas high fences help ranches remain in place as ranches and not turn into high dollar acreage home sites. Much of the prettiest parts of the Texas Hill Country have already gone under. A real tragedy.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BC30cal

It’s not that simple.

BillyGoatGruff;
Good evening to you my cyber friend, I hope Thanksgiving Day is treating you and your fine family well.

Since I've got family who are still in the agriculture business, this is one topic among a few that we've agreed to disagree on.

They've had issues with disease on elk farms in Saskatchewan in the past and now I read that some of the FN reserves up there have canned deer hunts too.

In BC - so far - game farming of any natural big game is unlawful, though we do allow salmon farming on the coast which is another fine kettle of fish.

Anyways I'm with you in that it's not new ground - it's pretty much proven to be a bad thing for the wild herd.

Dwayne

Happy thanksgiving to you Dwayne. Hope all’s well with you and yours.

Down here in the states, if you want to move horses whether for sale or for anything between states you need a coggins test minimum. Not sure on bovines, or ovids, but I believe there are similar. The game farmers got around it for a long time because they weren’t “livestock”. Now with cwd exploding kinda makes a guy say “fugk the mongoloid [bleep] shidthead game farms”.

It’s one thing to put up a high fence and manage your existing deer or elk like a herd of cattle as far as breeding and what’s taken out as cull or whatever. But when you start bringing in deer from Out of state like a prize bull to better the genetics of your herd, then all the rules and regs that have been applied to domestic stock come into play. And the resulting critters should be classified as domestic stock.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I figure here in Texas high fences help ranches remain in place as ranches and not turn into high dollar acreage home sites. Much of the prettiest parts of the Texas Hill Country have already gone under. A real tragedy.

I've seen a little of West TX and I'm pretty sure busting up the ranch to sell lots for "high dollar acreage home sites" would go over about as good as the cheaper sites near Dolan Springs, Concho, Vernon AZ and even nearby at California Pines (famously advertised by Erik Estrada of CHiPs).

Even those reasonably priced lots/ranchitos haven't sold out yet.

Now, having seen some of the Hill Country, there's a good reason those areas are hot real estate.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Poaching is shooting a wild animal. He shot a farm raised animal. No idea what crime that is, but not poaching.
The [bleep] that pays $20k to go in and shoot that deer is no better IMO.

This. So how are the peoples deer even allowed to be owned and sold or bartered? The love of money, the root of evil.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Dutch
Just an observation from the peanut gallery, but I've stocked many a pond for guys that were avowed "anti high fence" hunters. Lots of competition for my spent brood stock steelhead, guys would get really pissy if they couldn't get them one year..... We used to sell canned pheasant hunts at the RMEF banquet, for crying out loud. No one ever saw the irony.....

As long as the critter gets eaten and they don't break the law, I really don't care if they shoot a rabbit, a pheasant, a cow, a pig or a deer.....

You're raising steelhead?

Didn't know you had access to salt water.

Gotta admit, I've eaten a boatload of stocker trout in my life. I just can't quite equate that with a high fence, pick your animal and we'll hold them until you get here deal though. There would have to be a diver below putting my hook in the fishes mouth.

But, I get what you're saying, as long as they eat it (or someone makes use of it) and it's legal.............Oh well, to each their own.

As long as they call it shooting, and not hunting.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BC30cal

It’s not that simple.

BillyGoatGruff;

Dwayne

Happy thanksgiving to you Dwayne. Hope all’s well with you and yours.

Down here in the states, if you want to move horses whether for sale or for anything between states you need a coggins test minimum. Not sure on bovines, or ovids, but I believe there are similar. The game farmers got around it for a long time because they weren’t “livestock”. Now with cwd exploding kinda makes a guy say “fugk the mongoloid [bleep] shidthead game farms”.

It’s one thing to put up a high fence and manage your existing deer or elk like a herd of cattle as far as breeding and what’s taken out as cull or whatever. But when you start bringing in deer from Out of state like a prize bull to better the genetics of your herd, then all the rules and regs that have been applied to domestic stock come into play. And the resulting critters should be classified as domestic stock.

Truth.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wonder if they collected a few quarts of semen before they offered him for shooting.

Was the deer smiling when he shot it smile

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Not going to lie when we were teens we use to road hunt, and go into the king ranch and poach, pretty much a right of passage back then. Then if you got caught it was a 250 dollar fine, defiantly not worth it now that they can hit you with a felony. We even had a police scanner in my buddy's truck and would listen to the game wardens. Once in a while, we'd go out spotlighting but not take any guns and let them catch us just to mess with them.

It was like a war zone at night near my dad's ranch in North Central Texas about 90 miles west of Fort Worth. We lived about 15 miles from the nearest town and it was just a spot in the road. Rarely saw a game warden, but plenty of poachers and spotlighters...

My dad drug a big post oak log across a blind curve in a road one night where he knew some poachers were getting a deer. Only way they had to get out of the place was on this road. Same little butt heads that had baseball batted many mailboxes in the area...They came around that blind curve hauling arse and phugged up there daddy's new truck really bad on that log...They had a long walk back to the highway...

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 11/25/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's a close approximation of what's on their website:

Come and shoot our finest imported bull. He won 1st in class at the Royal Highland Show in England in 2020. We guarantee a shot of no farther than 35 yards from a bench across flat open country. For safety reasons, you will be backed up by 3 of our experienced staff shooters, all carrying 458 Winchesters.

$20,000. We charge double if you hit the man holding the bull's halter rope.

[Linked Image from thetimes.co.uk]

Sounds like a Shart Things hunt.......

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Not going to lie when we were teens we use to road hunt, and go into the king ranch and poach, pretty much a right of passage back then. Then if you got caught it was a 250 dollar fine, defiantly not worth it now that they can hit you with a felony. We even had a police scanner in my buddy's truck and would listen to the game wardens. Once in a while, we'd go out spotlighting but not take any guns and let them catch us just to mess with them.

It was like a war zone at night near my dad's ranch in North Central Texas about 90 miles west of Fort Worth. We lived about 15 miles from the nearest town and it was just a spot in the road. Rarely saw a game warden, but plenty of poachers and spotlighters...

My dad drug a big post oak log across a blind curve in a road one night where he knew some poachers were getting a deer. Only way they had to get out of the place was on this road. They came around that curve hauling arse and phugged up there daddy's new truck really bad on that log...They had a long walk back to the highway...
lol

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 01Foreman400, 160user, 16penny, 57 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,652
Posts18,474,638
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.