Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Been treed by a bull once.

Is that what you call it?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
In my late teens, had a guy follow me and my buds home on our dirt bikes. He got out with a shotgun, accused us of cutting across his property (we may have inadvertently), informed us the cops were on their way and to stay put.

We didn't grab his shotgun, we didn't try and overtake him, we didn't do anything to escalate matters. Everyone was cool. Cops showed up, told him he was a dumbazz for pulling the shotgun and sent him on his way. Told us to stay off his property.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by copperking81
JFC... can you imagine living with the OP? It has to be exhausting. A product of living on the same farm in Cow Town, ID his entire life with no real appreciable life experience.

Convinced covid death lays in wait around every corner and the klan is actively patrolling Georgia suburbs.

So tell us about the time a bunch of strangers attempted to kidnap you.

I am not claiming it was especially traumatic. Not when compared to combat or such.

But there are those around who would deprive us of our liberty unjustly, and there is no way to know what they have in mind for you once you allow them to take control of your destiny.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Im like a lot of others here....I havent gone anywhere unarmed since I was 18

Been in a couple touchy situations but giving up my liberty or my arms never entered my mind.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Been treed by a bull once.

Is that what you call it?

LOL

Oh My. That's a big un.

Lol!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by ingwe

Been in a couple touchy situations but giving up my liberty or my arms never entered my mind.

All in all these parts are pretty low risk. The OP was an aberration. But a young boy disappeared from his paper route at about that same time period in a town about twenty miles away. All they ever found was his bike and papers along the street.

As to going armed, I was fifty before I ever owned a handgun. It was a 7 1/2 inch SBH in 41 mag. Grpwing up, of six uncles and aunts and 24 cousins, one uncle owned a Colt Trooper revolver. But it was more of a conversation piece or grouse shooter than meant for self defense.

Finally a couple of my cousins bought a couple revolvers in the mid seventies.

Yes, I do own carry capable weapons today. But I very seldom take them out of the safe. As others have said, often trouble can be avoided if one does not go looking for it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe

^^^This^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, but im not a felon that trespasses either!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by copperking81
JFC... can you imagine living with the OP? It has to be exhausting. A product of living on the same farm in Cow Town, ID his entire life with no real appreciable life experience.

Convinced covid death lays in wait around every corner and the klan is actively patrolling Georgia suburbs.

So tell us about the time a bunch of strangers attempted to kidnap you.

I am not claiming it was especially traumatic. Not when compared to combat or such.

But there are those around who would deprive us of our liberty unjustly, and there is no way to know what they have in mind for you once you allow them to take control of your destiny.

So what do you actually want to talk about... abduction now? That's not the question in the thread title. I gave an example of a time I surrendered my liberty to a non LEO gunman on the street. Dude had a gun, he told us to stay put until the police arrived, we did.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
In a word ….NO.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by ldholton
$1600 heifer in 73 ...

Yeah he lost me there too.
That and the story doesn't match the title of the thread.

In 73 dollars, reading cooperation.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
No Roger. The reading comprehension was correct.

Minimum wage was $1.60.

There was a national shortage of milk production, and milking stock was ridiculously high.

We sold many springer heifers (pregnant, near term with first calf) that summer for $1400 plus. A couple of exceptional critters for about $1600. Heifers brought more than a three year old cow, as that cow could rightfully be considered to be your cull.

A few short years later milk was a glut on the market and you could hardly give cows away.

The cycles are astounding. Just a few years earlier, dairy farmers would hit bull calves in the head with a hammer. You would be lucky to even get a bid to pay for gas if you hauled them to the sale yard. Then in 72-73 people were driving to the farm begging to buy still wet, day old holstein bulls for $100 to $140. Yeah, a week or two week's wages on a gamble that you could even keep the little critter alive to weaning.

Dad was strongly encouraged to sell enough of the herd to eliminate all debt on the farm. He could have easily done so and we could have built the herd back debt free.

But no. he was sure there was no end to the boom. Ten years later he sold the entire herd for a few pennies on the dollar compared to 73.

Some of the neighboring farms did have heifers stolen from their corals when the prices were very high. None of the dairies around us branded their stock. Which made them easier to sell as stolen.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
What would Hampy Crapper do? Or Kellory?

Kellery would’ve been setting punji traps and snares as he backed into his spider hole.

MAGA
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Or would you fight back to your last breath?

Ever have such an experience?

I did, in the summer of 1973. It was near my 17'th birthday, one side or the other. I do not remember which.

I was the shortest male and probably the lightest in my graduating class a year later. That summer, I could have easily passed for 13.

We lived at the end of County Roads. Our 500 acres of privately owned and leased property were surrounded on three sides by BLM. That BLM was our back yard and play ground with boundary roads from 5 miles to 1.5 miles in various directions.

Anyway, I was jogging and running around out there about 1 1/2 miles from the house searching for a wayward holstein heifer which was worth about $1600 in 1973 dollars.

Then an old blue small Buick four door sedan with a sun faded hood came down out of the BLM on the two track. Which, in itself was not out of the ordinary. Lots of people used those hills to target shoot, or hunt rabbits, or whatever.

But this car came to an abrupt stop about fifteen yards from me and a young adult male (about thirty) bailed out of the car along with five adolescent males. The man stood near the car and began speaking to me while the juveniles formed a circle around me about thirty yards in diameter. The boys looked to be of ages 11 or 12 up to 17 or 18.

The man demanded to know what I was doing out there. He claimed there were no farms around that I could have come from. Then he stated that I matched the description of some escapee from a mental asylum and demanded I get into the car.

While carrying on this discussion, I was slowly backing away from the man. I shoved a fist deeply into my pocket as if I were clutching a knife. But I did not even have a tiny pocket knife.

Finally I backed even with the circumference of their circle. I thought the boys would charge me, but they did not. Perhaps they were uncertain whether I was actually clutching a knife.

I continued backing away for another ten yards, then turned and walked until I could put a sagebrush between me and the adult speaker. Then I ran for my life towards the thickest of the sagebrush which was coincidentally on the steepest of terrain between me and the safety of home.

Just as I started running, I heard the man yelling "Get him! GET him!" I was the slowest sprinter in my class at school. But I had the endurance of a cross country runner and about a thirty yard head start.

Like I said, this was my back yard and play ground. While other boys were playing sports or chasing girls, I was out on these hills riding my horse, shooting rabbits, hunting pheasant or coyotes. I knew the location of every sage brush and badger mound. I also had the advantage of silence while my pursuers were quite vocal shouting back and forth.

I hid under the sagebrush and observed where all the boys were while the man circled the ridgeline two track in his car trying to spot me.

I was able to move about 1/2 mile under cover of the sagebrush. But then I had a 300 yd dash uphill with no cover to the ridgeline and two track, then 1/4 mile more open ground to the canal behind our house.

I waited until the car was back on the opposite ridgeline behind me, knowing I could make the 300 yds before he could intercept me from there. Then I would have to depend on rough terrain to keep him from following downhill toward the house.

I hit the open ground headed up hill, and all Hell broke loose. One of the boys spotted me and started screaming for pursuit. I could see them scattered in the brush 50 to 100 yds behind me. But I had been taking it easy in the sage brush and they had been running pell mell searching. They were out of breath. I was fresh. But there was that Buick, with about two miles of two track to make the circle back to me, and he was coming in a cloud of dust.

I made the ridge line and headed down the other side in the steepest draw going in the direction of the house. I heard the shouts as the man stopped his car where I had crossed the two track. He gathered up the boys and got them into the vehicle. But no one pursued me down the East face of the hill.

I hit the house and told Dad what had happened. He grabbed his Rem 760 and a couple mags on the way out the door. A neighbor from up the road was visiting at the time. The three of us piled into our old Chevy pickup and headed around to where it all started. But it was a five mile drive around the county roads to get across the canal.

By the time we could get there, the car was gone along with all the occupants. All that was left was the Buick's tracks in the dirt,

The Sheriff Dept put out a bulletin. But whoever these guys were, they were only a couple miles from I 80. Then thirteen miles to the state line and Oregon, or five miles the other way to the next county and high traffic levels.

We never did find a clue as to their identity or reason for being there.

But I am quite convinced, had they got their hands upon me, I would be listed to this day as a mysterious disappearance.

OP has been into the eggnog early....

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Stone cold sober. Every word is gospel.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I experienced my first race riot in the fall of ‘71. I listented to a Cuban expat there and knew who the bolshevik enemy was!

Cuba Libre!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

But I am quite convinced, had they got their hands upon me, I would be listed to this day as a mysterious disappearance.

Damn.

I’m recalling two paperboy abductions back them, the belief was they were taken to be trafficked to homosexuals. Pure evil.

Makes you wonder why that guy and those boys had driven back into BLM land. Dumping a body?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It can't hurt to be well armed.
It can't EVER hurt to be well-armed...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
It can't EVER hurt to be well-armed...

Don't leave home w/o it........................

As to the OP's question; given this forum & the vast majority of it's clientele, that has to be one of the most dumbass, most jackass posts I've ever seen here & that's saying a lot.

Especially in today's climate.

MM

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Damn.

I’m recalling two paperboy abductions back them, the belief was they were taken to be trafficked to homosexuals. Pure evil.

Makes you wonder why that guy and those boys had driven back into BLM land. Dumping a body?

Were they delivering on bikes?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

62 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 907brass, 11 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 758 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.