Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by NWT
Are there really USA buyers who are purchasing rifle scopes manufactured by the Chinese Communist Party?
NWT

Worse yet, I wonder how many 'fire members are using Chicom computers and smartphones.........?

Are there any non-Chinese computers and smart phones?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Samsung is mostly made in South Korea.

Apple is made in China.

God Bless America
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Bugger
I go out of my way not to buy Chinese! But sometimes it happens - trying hard not to though. I believe that China is trying to take over the world.

Same. Sometimes you can't avoid it. But I sure try to.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
The weak people will buy them. Just like they will buy the cars.

What fugging car is made in China?

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Bugger
I go out of my way not to buy Chinese! But sometimes it happens - trying hard not to though. I believe that China is trying to take over the world.

Same. Sometimes you can't avoid it. But I sure try to.

+1

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Let's get real ... if all the Chinese made stuff all of a sudden disappeared most of us would be sitting naked in an empty room.

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

And......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pricedo
Let's get real ... if all the Chinese made stuff all of a sudden disappeared most of us would be sitting naked in an empty room.

I am not sure what that has to do with rifle scopes. There are plenty of cost and quality competitive non-Chinese scopes. Why buy Chinese when there are great options?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
We had our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sidepass

Since all the COVID crap, who knows, but Buick, Cadillac, and Volvo have sold Chinese made vehicles in the US.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have been making a effort to not purchase Chinese products in any case I can. Yes there are products where there are no options, however, I do look to find what I can. As far as Pacific Rim products I have no problems. Just moving away from Chinese.
GreggH

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I wonder if one started up an optics company from scratch right here in the U.S. and focused on making a scope that is completely 100% Made In USA, soup to nuts, if it would even succeed? I'm saying move heaven and earth to source every small detail from stuff mined, refined, processed in North America - right down to the rubber in the O-rings and coatings on the glass (if it were even possible that stuff could be sourced from here), and that includes the extremely high-tech machinery and instruments needed to manufacture it too. And let's not forget the wages for everybody in the pipeline being sufficient to afford a solid middle class lifestyle. How would such a philosophy drive the cost of the final product, and would people pay the money for it out of loyalty/patriotism? I'll guarantee you if someone actually managed to pull off an idealistic endeavor like that, for a state-of-the-art top end world-class quality scope it would make the price of a Zeiss/Swarovski look like a BSA 3-9x in comparison. Betcha they would slowly sell maybe, maybe, a pickup truck full and then quietly lock the doors and turn out the lights.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 11/23/21.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I'll guarantee you if someone actually managed to pull off an idealistic endeavor like that, for a state-of-the-art top end world-class quality scope it would make the price of a Zeiss/Swarovski look like a BSA 3-9x in comparison.
Why would it cost more than a European-built Swarovski or Zeiss? They have pretty high wages there.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I wonder if one started up an optics company from scratch right here in the U.S. and focused on making a scope that is completely 100% Made In USA, soup to nuts, if it would even succeed? I'm saying move heaven and earth to source every small detail from stuff mined, refined, processed in North America - right down to the rubber in the O-rings and coatings on the glass (if it were even possible that stuff could be sourced from here), and that includes the extremely high-tech machinery and instruments needed to manufacture it too. And let's not forget the wages for everybody in the pipeline being sufficient to afford a solid middle class lifestyle. How would such a philosophy drive the cost of the final product, and would people pay the money for it out of loyalty/patriotism? I'll guarantee you if someone actually managed to pull off an idealistic endeavor like that, for a state-of-the-art top end world-class quality scope it would make the price of a Zeiss/Swarovski look like a BSA 3-9x in comparison. Betcha they would slowly sell maybe, maybe, a pickup truck full and then quietly lock the doors and turn out the lights.

gnoahhh - To answer, one probably only has to look at the cell-phone market....

The Librem 5 is one of the lower priced smart phones these days, at around $800........... The Librem 5 USA, supposedly an exact duplicate, manufactured wholly within the US is ........$2000.......

It would be the same for rifle optics..........

Last edited by Muffin; 11/23/21.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by sidepass

Since all the COVID crap, who knows, but Buick, Cadillac, and Volvo have sold Chinese made vehicles in the US.

Link please. No need I found that a Chinese plant does build the Buick Envision. A Chinese plant builds Cadillac's for their own market. Volvo has a Chinese plant build S90's which are also built in Sweden.

Wow!

Last edited by sidepass; 11/24/21.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I am going to buy a scope. It won’t be made in China.. it will probably be a Meopta or Made in Japan

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Huntz
We had our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday.

Any Chinese food?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Yes. That is Chairman Xi's intention.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Yes. I buy Chinese scopes. And if China ever shows up on my doorstep, they will work just fine.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I'll guarantee you if someone actually managed to pull off an idealistic endeavor like that, for a state-of-the-art top end world-class quality scope it would make the price of a Zeiss/Swarovski look like a BSA 3-9x in comparison.
Why would it cost more than a European-built Swarovski or Zeiss? They have pretty high wages there.
It should cost less, at least if the scope industry pays like the gun industry, which is far from a solid middle class income for the rank and file.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

271 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 29 invisible), 1,726 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,630
Posts18,492,987
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.