NRA Endowment Member

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Always!!!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here when bow or muzzle loader it's not legal.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I always have my S&W Model 19 on my hip while deer hunting. Some of the places we drive are just entirely too thick to bother with a rifle.

I have killed quite a few as a stander or flanker while carrying the rifle but have also killed 2 with the handgun while portraying a dog in the thick stuff.

Have also administered a finishing shot with the handgun more than once......It's just a little less messy than the rifle from 5 feet.

Don't let the name fool Ya!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
So what did your dept of wildlife say about that? Mb

Was this for me? Sorry, didn't see it before. Fish and Wildlife said "good shoot, damned good shoot". They autopsied it ... estimated 4-6 year old male, 95 pounds, no health issues they could find. The biologist's opinion was that it'd been living in our little neighborhood for a long time and had lost all fear of humans. I just happened to get too close before I realized what it was and tripped its trigger when I tried to back away.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Sorry TOM I neglected to hit reply to TOM but yeah it was for you. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C

Well, I did shoot the guy who broke into my house and aimed his Glock at me. He and his family sure thought that I was an a$$hole for confronting him with that load of 12 gauge #4 buckshot in my family room at around 4 AM. It was a major PITA and cost me over $10K in legal fees to defend the civil suit that the young man brought against me for the damages that he incurred.[/quote]

You would not believe the number of people that don't understand this. As you unfortunately found out, just being cleared of the criminal content doesn't exonerate you from the dirtbags civil suits. I try to tell people if you have to pull the trigger on someone expect the next ten years of your life to be messed up with suits from this, and if you're of advanced age, like me, there's the potential you won't live long enough to see the end of this. And if you're in a public place be prepared to cover the costs of whatever damage your bullet did to housing, equipment, yada, yade, you're responsible for everything that bullet does until it stops moving. I don't know you but, sorry to hear you had to endure this.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I was just glad to have it over, 'cause the stress of having to deal with crap that you shouldn't have to deal with justs wears on a person.

Concealed Carry Insurance is worth what you have to pay for it, I finally bit the bullet and signed up this year. I'm glad you and your family weren't hurt by that guy too, and yes, I feel you did the right thing! Ooorah!

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 11/26/21.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Yes when bow hunting in Idaho (SW 360) and when in Alaska where critters are bigger (Ruger Super Redhawk Toklat). Started carrying after being bluff charged by a Black Bear in Idaho without a firearm at hand. Since have had some close encounters with wolves, but to date have not deployed.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The 22lb ( on a deli's meat scale) rattle bug on my "toy house" aka reloading shed wall. That snake came from a DA idea to walk a bit for a quick New Deer Lease exploration ...wearing street clothes and dress shoes. 3 rounds of 22lr's from the SS S&W in the head and he was still moving. Pin'd his head with a tree branch and cut it off while he kept biting the tree branch and trying to break free rattling loud enough that it scared the curious cattle off....and carried my "trophy" out over a 1/2 mile+ back to the truck thru a mesquite thicket without a flashlight... that was still on the hood where I had left it to hurry down to the rocky creek bed where I'd been told to look for the game trails before the sun set.

Dumped the snake in a empty cooler in the back of the Suburban and put the high beams on so's my nerves would stop screaming Hey Stupid don't DO that again. The Leasing Agent drove up while I was pottying big time from being scared "S Less" in a plowed field in the high beams... told him to go look in the cooler...and that preacher's kid's language sounded like my days on a Teamsters dock during college.

Today I still carry the "38 Spl house gun" in my vehicle anywhere I've never been before, out in the deep woods, or into a cheap On the Road Again kinda motel ...it's a tuned S&W SS M60 who's trigger was tuned by a Deputy Sheriff who owned a gun shop I called on regularly . Have also needed it from time to time to convince a hard working "business lady" or doper door knocker to go elsewhere back when I was still travelling 30+ states on my own dime.
Ron

Last edited by sakoron; 11/28/21. Reason: clarity
IC B3

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,626 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,931
Posts18,498,675
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.