J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Chisos
Originally Posted by JeffP
IDK Texas law but according to some reports, the shooters lawyer is citing “castle doctrine”.

As a side, it might be a good idea to refresh on your own state laws. Here, the shooter is going to jail.

As a side, it might be a good idea for you read our laws before you start throwing out suggestions. I cited one part of our law pertaining to when deadly force is NOT acceptable concerning theft. This situation is pure castle doctrine, which by the way in Texas, not only applies to your property but also to your car. Dude should have left after repeated warnings. Unfortunately, he got stupid and decided to walk up and go nose to nose on the porch with a home owner holding a gun. Since Lubbock does not have a Soros DA, I can't see this even getting past the grand jury.

No where did I say it wasn’t legal as castle doctrine. And even said that’s what his attorney cited. Further I said “just because you can doesn’t mean you should “.

And I also said the guy should had left, much less gone after the gun.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Muffin
Just an observation......... After dead guy is laying on the porch... No one seems overly distraught!!!!

NO 'Oh my God'

NO 'Wailing uncontrollably'

Just an 'I got this on video'

????

I noticed that, too. The folks who drove there with him are far more concerned with assigning blame in a petty argument with the shooter than the condition of their friend/relative laying there, most likely dead or dying.

J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by antlers
[quote=antlers] I disagree wholeheartedly. The family court system and the powers that be have purposely created a system in this country that promotes the destruction of families. And they’ve been absolutely successful in doing so

I agree wholeheartedly. Destroy family, destroy society.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The family court system and the powers that be have purposely created a system in this country that promotes the destruction of families. And they’ve been absolutely successful in doing so

Absolutely.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
IDK Texas law but according to some reports, the shooters lawyer is citing “castle doctrine”.

As a side, it might be a good idea to refresh on your own state laws. Here, the shooter is going to jail.

As a side, it might be a good idea for you read our laws before you start throwing out suggestions. I cited one part of our law pertaining to when deadly force is NOT acceptable concerning theft. This situation is pure castle doctrine, which by the way in Texas, not only applies to your property but also to your car. Dude should have left after repeated warnings. Unfortunately, he got stupid and decided to walk up and go nose to nose on the porch with a home owner holding a gun. Since Lubbock does not have a Soros DA, I can't see this even getting past the grand jury.

No where did I say it wasn’t legal as castle doctrine. And even said that’s what his attorney cited. Further I said “just because you can doesn’t mean you should “.

I'll agree with you there, this whole thing is full of colossal stupidity, but Texas law is is going to side with the homeowner.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I'll agree with you there, this whole thing is full of colossal stupidity, but Texas law is is going to side with the homeowner.

Agree home owner walks

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I agree , the dead guy even threatened to take the gun from him and then tried.... colossal stupidity.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
What caliber rifle was that? Was it 9mm? .45 ACP? Whatever it was, it was pretty damned effective. The dead man was dead right there from one shot, or so it appeared.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I agree , the dead guy even threatened to take the gun from him and then tried.... colossal stupidity.

Yep. That's what's going to keep the shooter out of prison.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Was that one of the new Ruger PC carbines?

MAGA
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I believe it was. Just don't know the caliber.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Some might find it difficult to take a deep breath and walk away when their children are involved.

If what was being said was true, he/she had a court order that dictated the days and time of exchange involved in their shared custody agreement.
Such agreements can also dictate where it's allowable to change custody if the X-Wife had reason to fill uncomfortable having her X-Husband coming to their home.

Could be since she had custody of their son she might have also gotten their home in the divorce settlement.
Guy might of been standing on the deck he built on the home he paid for looking to legally pick up his son.
That would mean he had full, court ordered rights to be there.

The shooter may have just been the current dude screwing his X and sleeping in his X bed.

Too much unknow to really have much of a opinion, the X husband may have had a known violent history and the shooter knew it was going to escalate to a situation the need of a gun was inevitable or it could be completely the other way around.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I believe it was. Just don't know the caliber.

Well, whatever caliber it was it sure worked.

MAGA
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Murder, absolutely, 100% murder.

He should be in jail for a long time.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by GreenHead
Murder, absolutely, 100% murder.

He should be in jail for a long time.

Nope, justifiable

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Once the homeowner shot into the ground the dad didn't have much choice. Would you walk away knowing he wouldn't shoot you in the back? The little fella came out with a gun and planned to use it, seems obvious given his demeanor after the shoot. No first aid rendered, etc.

MAGA
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Once the homeowner shot into the ground the dad didn't have much choice. Would you walk away knowing he wouldn't shoot you in the back? The little fella came out with a gun and planned to use it, seems obvious given his demeanor after the shoot. No first aid rendered, etc.

First aid has nothing to do with this. Yeah I would have left. Little to no legal ground being at someone else's residence.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Little fella stood there all puffed up next to his kill.

Kinda sad and funny all at once.

Lot of stupid on display there.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Little fella stood there all puffed up next to his kill.

Kinda sad and funny all at once.

Lot of stupid on display there.

Yup.

Banty rooster crowing within seconds of killing the dad of kids' whose mom he's banging.

Lots of stupid there all around, but I don't see why the little fella brought the gun out, unless he wanted to impress his whore.

MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
What caliber rifle was that? Was it 9mm? .45 ACP? Whatever it was, it was pretty damned effective. The dead man was dead right there from one shot, or so it appeared.

Some are reporting Two shots , not including the warning shot.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Page 3 of 72 1 2 3 4 5 71 72

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,098 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,038
Posts18,481,997
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.