-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As Muddy Waters said: I got seven hundred dollars, don't you mess with me.

Last edited by High_Noon; 11/28/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Tarkio
I drive a fair amount for my business. So I keep around $300 - $500 stashed in the truck. Figured I should have enough cash to pay for fuel to get me home in case things go sideways, I lose my money clip or credit cards shut down.

Trying hard to teach the kids to not leave the house without at least $20 in their pocket. I am guessing until they really get hung out somewhere because they have no $, they won't learn.

I hid $60 in both my kids cars about 3 years ago. I had forgot I did it until I read your post . At the time I guess I figured it would save me a trip of they ever needed cash. Its under the carpet on the passenger side in a ziplock bag.

As a dad I consider this a worthy act. Did you tell your kids about what you had done?

Or were you waiting for them to call you all hysterical and for you to advise them of how close their salvation was to where they were sitting? LOL!

Not personal or anything as I have followed your postings over the years, just asking!

LOL, if I told them it wouldn't be there very long

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by MPat70
In all seriousness, for the guys that think cash will be worth a damn when things go south you need to change that cash for hard coin silver and gold. Plus things to barter with like medicine, can foods, livestock, seeds, ammo etc...... Those will be the true valuable assets in times of global collapse.

Me? I'm just a country boy and you know what Hank Jr. Says about country boys?

Amen! ^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^

memtb

Long term SHF scenario maybe...

The problem with gold and / or silver though is finding businesses that are set up to accept either as payment.

Also with gold and silver prices per ounce as high as they are now, how would you break it down into smaller denominations in order to pay for anything that costs less than current gold / silver value?

Lol that made me laugh out loud. I guarantee you that if you're looking to buy something essential and all you have is silver coin the last thing you'll be sure to do is get exact change for the current spot price. You strike a deal in the moment and move on. Odds are you wouldn't be able to check spot prices anyway.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Ammunition makes pretty good currency.

Cha ching. It's the new precious metal dontcha know.

I'm rich!!!

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In all seriousness, for the guys that think cash will be worth a damn when things go south you need to change that cash for hard coin silver and gold. Plus things to barter with like medicine, can foods, livestock, seeds, ammo etc...... Those will be the true valuable assets in times of global collapse.

It might have been posted on here a few years ago but somewhere I read a story about surviving/bartering during the Bosnia conflict. It really stuck with me, this guy was talking about keeping liquor around for bartering - that was the "accepted anywhere" barter item - he never mentioned gold or silver, it was all about trading goods/services. His perspective was a little more militant and he was pretty close to living a mad max existence. He wasn't talking about a temporary halt at the bank or the local grocery not getting shipments for 2 weeks, but it was still food for thought. You have a fifth of Jim Beam to trade (in honor of Hank mentioned above) and you'll get whatever you need.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It might have been posted on here a few years ago but somewhere I read a story about surviving/bartering during the Bosnia conflict. It really stuck with me, this guy was talking about keeping liquor around for bartering - that was the "accepted anywhere" barter item - he never mentioned gold or silver, it was all about trading goods/services. His perspective was a little more militant and he was pretty close to living a mad max existence. He wasn't talking about a temporary halt at the bank or the local grocery not getting shipments for 2 weeks, but it was still food for thought. You have a fifth of Jim Beam to trade (in honor of Hank mentioned above) and you'll get whatever you need.

I tried stockpiling booze....... but it just caused me to post mean schit on the campfire.... and now the booze is gone.... frown

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
this was people burning furniture to stay warm desperation

he was also talking about how important it was to have soap and antiseptic when there is no running water, so it was pretty close to the end of society level stuff

that said, in a barter situation, the moonshiners will be the new bitcoin kings

Last edited by KFWA; 11/28/21.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

he was also talking about how important it was to have soap and antiseptic when there is no running water, so it was pretty close to the end of society level stuff

Learn to distill spirits... they will drink the schity sugar alcohol with pleasure

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

What a great synopsis.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by irfubar

I tried stockpiling booze....... but it just caused me to post mean schit on the campfire.... and now the booze is gone.... frown

Salt is cheap and has a good shelf life.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Salt is cheap and has a good shelf life.

I could rub that in peoples wounds.... that would please me... smile

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

LMAO, same here, the more I buy, the more I drink. It turns into a challenge.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

if so.......

sorry you live in shhitcago

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I keep all my cash under a pillow...

The one my Rottweiler sleeps on.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I keep one year of cash, I draw from the cash when the market dips and replenish when the market is up. Most often the cash sits awaiting a crash. And that's 12 months of normal spending so we may extend it if the dip persists. I see this as a way to mitigate market risk and allows for a higher level of risk/return some of my other investments.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

696 members (1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 65 invisible), 2,819 guests, and 1,441 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,728
Posts18,475,912
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.