Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#16649389 11/23/21
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Any of you guys seeing it on the shelves again? I lucked into some in Nevada. Bought 6 pounds of it, since I was running low. Do any of you know if Aliant is getting this stuff out to retailers now? Wondering if I should buy more of it, if that is not the case.. What say you guys...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't seen any.
What lot# did you pick up?

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
bsa, Last I saw was at a gun show months ago. Bought 3 lbs, IIRC. Feb-Mar this year. $40/lb.

Last edited by local_dirt; 11/23/21.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Haven't seen any.
What lot# did you pick up?

Great question tyrone. I think you said a while back that there was only one lot number? I may be remembering wrong? Ill check and get back to you. I paid about what local dirt did, and was happy to do so. Seems like it was about $36/pound pre pandemic, so $40 didn't seem unreasonable.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Lot #: 15036Z061621

BSA MAGA
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Found 2# of R 26 in CO. They told me it was the first Alliant powder they had seen in a year.

Lefty

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Wow! Finally! A new lot #! I guess they made some more. Either they make gigantic lots or it hasn't sold well. The only lot I've seen is CE0519 which I first bought in 2016. I had heard there was another early lot, which was a little different in burning rate.

Kinda odd how different that lot# format is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Powder Valley had a small lot a week or so ago, but by the time I saw the alert (maybe 2-3 hours) it was already gone @ $37/lb.

I've moved on to other powders out of necessity...................just a way of life today. AR Comp is good, but there are others that works just as well for me, some cheaper, some not.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I picked up some surplus Re15 about a month ago.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Wow! Finally! A new lot #! I guess they made some more. Either they make gigantic lots or it hasn't sold well. The only lot I've seen is CE0519 which I first bought in 2016. I had heard there was another early lot, which was a little different in burning rate.

Kinda odd how different that lot# format is.

Hey Tyrone, that number is on the bottles as well. There was no reference as to what it was though. Some/most actually say "lot number". So, if you look at the bottle, it actually says CE0519 15036Z061621. Since I'm in Nevada for thanksgiving, I don't have access to my bottles at my house. Sorry for the misinformation. I was hoping they had made a new batch and it was getting distributed. I was at this same store back in July and they didn't have any on the shelves... I may just run in and buy some more.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Powder Valley had a small lot a week or so ago, but by the time I saw the alert (maybe 2-3 hours) it was already gone @ $37/lb.

I've moved on to other powders out of necessity...................just a way of life today. AR Comp is good, but there are others that works just as well for me, some cheaper, some not.

MM

I have been to that point too buddy. Trying everything in the stable and then some powders that I could still find locally for $30/pound. Like TAC, EX Terminator, AA2015, CFE223, and even some old standby's that are cheaper ($26/pound), like H335. But none of them have been as consistent in my rifles. I also found some Barnes TSX (7mm 140gr) for $31/box. Those seem to be a good deal too. I'll probably snag those this morning as well.. You guys have a great Thanksgiving!!

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You made me Google "Alliant powder lot numbers" and I find out I am wrong about which one it is. On jugs of AR Comp, it is the number under the "Health Precautions". On pounds, it is next to the CE0519. It looks like "CE0519" is printed on other brand's bottles too, just much smaller. Have no idea what it means. My lots are 45125 Y052815 and 45125 Z052815.

So many codes! crazy

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
You made me Google "Alliant powder lot numbers" and I find out I am wrong about which one it is. On jugs of AR Comp, it is the number under the "Health Precautions". On pounds, it is next to the CE0519. It looks like "CE0519" is printed on other brand's bottles too, just much smaller. Have no idea what it means. My lots are 45125 Y052815 and 45125 Z052815.

So many codes! crazy

Ha ha. Thanks for looking that up. I wish they said "lot number" in reference to the number on the bottle. Especially when they have 2 sets of numbers. So, it looks like this is a new lot of powder. I'm hoping we see more on the shelves then!!!!! It's been over a year and a half since I've seen any. I was getting worried...

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Gun store in WA just had some RL15 for about $50/lb. I wanted some but not for that price.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Joezone
Gun store in WA just had some RL15 for about $50/lb. I wanted some but not for that price.

I agree, that is too much for a pound of powder... What part of Wa? My gun club is putting on a small gunshow on the 4th. One of the guys says he has a lot of powder to sell. His prices are usually about $30/pound... That show is going to be in Carson.. Also check the shop in Cle Elum. They have primers occasionally, as well, and the shop owner "refuses to gouge people".. A little secret, but they also have a good supply of bullets...

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have more than enough to get by for the next 2-3 years, but with a more modest shooting regimen, but I will need more bullets.

Here's what I use & & have various levels of success with.

I'm having really good luck with VV-540 with 69 & 77 grainer's but anything VV is expensive.

8208 is very good across the board with all bullets; ditto for TAC which may not be quite as good as a few others, but good enough.

VV-133 is just outstanding with 50-60 gr bullets, but $$$$; got lucky & bought an 8 lb'er from a bud for cheap.

I am out of VV-140, but it's very good across mid-weight bullets through 77's.

RL-15 is a staple for me in other guns, & it works well enough in 223; ditto for Varget, but neither flow especially well through a powder feeder for a small case where variance matters more than a large case, but both shoot & perform well.

H4895 works OK, not great, I think better for me with light(er) bullets than heavy ones.

X-Terminator & 335 are OK for lighter to mid-weight bullets, IMO, too fast to be as good as many others with heavy bullets.

CFE-223 works OK but is not as absolutely accurate as my favorites, but good enough for everything but the smallest groups. Some rifles seem to like it better than others.

2000-MR is excellent with heavy bullets & gets high velocity, flows very consistently.

Pro Varmint is surprisingly good across all bullet weights, & is not just useful for lighter bullets.

Happy Thanksgiving to all & Good Luck shopping for powder.

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Good stuff MM. Thanks for sharing..

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Funny you mention Cle Elum it was that store. I like them and have bought from them before but not this time.

Last edited by Joezone; 11/24/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
i do have a pound of ARCOMP .was going to sell it, but i now have a different upper coming sooo it could get tired again . the new upper is a 708

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by misser
i do have a pound of ARCOMP .was going to sell it, but i now have a different upper coming sooo it could get tired again . the new upper is a 708

A 708 would be damn fun in an ar. I'd love to turn my 308 into one. Not quite sure AR Comp would work well in a 7mm08 though. However, it may. I use it in my 308 with 168gr match bullets...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Its really a 1.5 moa rifle. But AR Comp works better than anything I've tried.

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (35, 6mmCreedmoor, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 7 invisible), 1,420 guests, and 867 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,511
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.