Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
DeWman Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
So I sent in my vx2 because it wasn't holding zero. They returned it with new parts promptly and of course the detailed paperwork. Like the trusting fool I am I remounted it and drove to a range, overpriced ammo in hand. A few shots told me I had issues. Surely it had to be the gun or mounts. Nope. First with a laser bore sighter and then 2 more shots to confirm proves my vertical adjustment spins freely with no effect on the crosshair.
Glad ammo and gas are cheap or this would have sucked.
Thanks Leupold.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Not surprised. I'm sure many will come along and tell you how they've never had a problem with Leupold optics.

Scott
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've sent a few back and generally had good results, but I would be hacked if they botched a repair job like that.

Now with even more aplomb
D
DeWman Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
It is the first send back I've ever had and I've used them exclusively (on my better rifles & pistols)since the mid 70's. What's also giving me the red ass is I wasn't alone but was shooting with longtime pals who've heard me go on and on about how they need a Leupold. They were without mercy.
It was also the only gun I took so I got to play grab ass with myself while they shot.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
There is a lesson to be learned in all this. The truth is their scopes wandered even when they were cranking out decent products. I used to blame it on the rifle when sighting in.

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I have several older ones that work great, set and forget.

My problem child is a VX-3, 3.5-10x40 CDS that went bonkers, couldn't sight it in. Sent it back. Mounted it again. POI won't change with elevation changes, so sent it back again.

Tech at Leupold looked at the records, said they didn't find anything wrong last time, just cleaned it. When I get it back, it's going down the road.

I won't sell it here on the Classifieds, wouldn't do that to you guys. It goes on EBay. Next lucky owner can send it back to Beaverton if need be. I'm done.

DF

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
They don't work unless your ballcap has a flat bill.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

My problem child is a VX-3, 3.5-10x40 CDS that went bonkers, couldn't sight it in. Sent it back. Mounted it again. POI won't change with elevation changes, so sent it back again.

Tech at Leupold looked at the records, said they didn't find anything wrong last time, just cleaned it. When I get it back, it's going down the road.

I won't sell it here on the Classifieds, wouldn't do that to you guys. It goes on EBay. Next lucky owner can send it back to Beaverton if need be. I'm done.

DF

Just hard to believe that in all this time they could not fix their erector system design. Is it the tolerances they have, lack of QC and untrained workers??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Just hard to believe that in all this time they could not fix their erector system design. Is it the tolerances they have, lack of QC and untrained workers??

According to them, there is NO problem.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FOsteology

And that’s the real problem.

They should change the name of the company to Cleopatra Optics, Queen of Denial.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

Not surprised. I'm sure many will come along and tell you how they've never had a problem with Leupold optics.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are plenty of pictures of Yugos driving down the road successfully, too. It is not the instances of a product working as expected that is informative, but the failure rate.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DeWman
First with a laser bore sighter and then 2 more shots to confirm proves my vertical adjustment spins freely with no effect on the crosshair. Glad ammo and gas are cheap or this would have sucked.Thanks Leupold.

So...no audible or tactile clicks...just spins freely? -Al

Forbidden Zoner
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I LOVE old Leupolds. But I wouldn’t buy a newer one for any reason.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

DF

Ive had 2 of those exact scopes do the same thing. I bought them new at the same time. That was the last straw for me. Then when we had those azz hats here answering questions, that should have been the nail in the coffin, but guys keep buying them.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Timbermaster

Same here. I have a number that work great.

Every now and then they put out a dud. And to not admit there is a problem is to never fix what they consider a non-problem. I guess we're the problem not their product.

Agree with the denial scenario. They must think "denial" is just a big river in Africa..... shocked

Head in the sand like the ostrich, leaves one'e rear end up in the air and exposed.

That could well be their new corporate logo. It would for sure fit.

DF

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by FOsteology

Bingo

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

DF

Ive had 2 of those exact scopes do the same thing. I bought them new at the same time. That was the last straw for me. Then when we had those azz hats here answering questions, that should have been the nail in the coffin, but guys keep buying them.

This has been my experience with CDS Leupolds as well. Sent 3 in (2 scopes, 1 was sent twice) for wandering zero, failure to track, or failure to rtz. Up until then I was having decent luck with them once they finally got adjusted to sighted in. In the past few years I had 3 more that were set it and forget it go wonkey. Actually have 2 waiting to go back on my shelf right now. I've sold a few with full disclosure that they had been back for repair; people don't seem to care. Their CS has been great, but the fact that I know that first hand is why I've moved on.

You can't tell me that they aren't aware of the issue/s they have with erectors, which tells me what they think of their customers. Too bad, but is what it is.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Timbermaster

What's old and what's new? Is there a cutoff date?

"My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income."

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

DF

This has been my experience with CDS Leupolds as well. Sent 3 in (2 scopes, 1 was sent twice) for wandering zero, failure to track, or failure to rtz. Up until then I was having decent luck with them once they finally got adjusted to sighted in. In the past few years I had 3 more that were set it and forget it go wonkey. Actually have 2 waiting to go back on my shelf right now. I've sold a few with full disclosure that they had been back for repair; people don't seem to care. Their CS has been great, but the fact that I know that first hand is why I've moved on.

You can't tell me that they aren't aware of the issue/s they have with erectors, which tells me what they think of their customers. Too bad, but is what it is.

Yeah, and as already mentioned, those losers the company rolled out to do PR and answer questions, sorta tells the story. If that's the best they could come up with, something ain't exactly Kosher in Beaverton.

And, the family controlled board evidently is pretty Woke. There reportedly was a big fight over the govt contract for sniper scopes as those are used as "instruments of death", as in killing people. Dollars and common sense finally prevailed, but the fact that such a struggle ever happened tells me a lot about that bunch of pampered, trust fund libtards. Things tend to get watered down by the fourth and fifth generation. Wonder what the founders would think of their progeny. Made'em rich, but evidently not very smart.

DF

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 2500HD, 68 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,131
Posts18,502,620
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.