Hop To
Page 30 of 72 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 71 72
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by fburgtx
The Dad never made any VIOLENT threats (that I’ve heard so far), UNTIL boyfriend LEFT the scene, went INSIDE, and THEN produced a gun OUTSIDE.

That is ESCALATION.

He was dealing with a hostile illegal trespasser on the property, and you think he doesn't have a right to obtain any tools to defend himself. That is the line of thinking of closet democrat commies, no right to self defense or guns.

You're out of the closet now.......

Yeah. He was known to be SO hostile, that the ex-wife was out there in the yard with him, talking on her phone.

Did you see her make an attempt to run inside or AWAY from him??

This wasn’t some random guy, threatening to kill them or burn down the house or steal the car. He was yelling about taking them to court, after coming to the property at the LEGALLY APPOINTED TIME and at the LEGALLY APPOINTED PLACE, to get his kids.

The only thing he was guilty of, at that point (after being asked to leave) was simple TRESPASS, and perhaps “disturbing the peace”. NEITHER are legal justification for “deadly force” in TEXAS, or anywhere else, for that matter.

This ain’t a movie or “Yellowstone”.

Some of you guys really like to throw around the “commie” term, when trying to discuss the LAW. I didn’t write it, I’m just trying to INFORM some of you what it SAYS, not how you should FEEL about what it says...

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The Dad never made any VIOLENT threats (that I’ve heard so far), UNTIL boyfriend LEFT the scene, went INSIDE, and THEN produced a gun OUTSIDE.

That is ESCALATION.

He was dealing with a hostile illegal trespasser on the property, and you think he doesn't have a right to obtain any tools to defend himself. That is the line of thinking of closet democrat commies, no right to self defense or guns.

You're out of the closet now.......

lol. did you even watch the video?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
I did a search and found a news article from Lubbock in which Kyle Carruth was interviewed in 2015 as a member of the Lubbock 2nd Amendment Coalition. It's on KFYO.com

Saw that as well.....this '2nd A guy,' shot this dude with a woman right behind him in the doorway!
Horse's ass.

Chad Read was LEGALLY there to get his son. Don't understand why people fail to see that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Laughing my azz off at people who think the shooter will go to jail for shooting an aggressive threatening illegal trespasser who committed Assault and Battery against him.

Both of these men were idiots, but you and those like you are the reason I carry....brain-dead morons.
No common sense.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by ribka
funny how chipmunks slayer forgets to mention that the shrimpy guy shot at the deceased's feet before the escalation. Warning shots are not allowed in Texas. The deceased never threatened violence only said he would take the rifle from him after the shrimp shot at him.

People tend to get upset when they are shot at ( deadly force) and can legally try and defend themselves after deadly force is used.All the deceased tried do is remove the deadly force from the shooter. He never threatened him. Only said he would take the rifle ( threat ) from shrimpy. He was shot from at least 10 feet away standing, not moving toward the shooter with his hands in a non threatening matter at the sides of his body as before the firearm was retrieved when the shrimp shot at him.

ROFLMAO

An illegal trespasser has no right to defend their self against the legal agent of a property. Any action an illegal trespasser takes against the agent of a property is assault and up. The legal agent of a property has the Castle Doctrine to back every action he takes to remove threat from property. The legal agent is not required to back down.

There is NO Threat Level an agent of a property must judge to have been met before defending a property against a hostile illegal trespasser.

It's real simple in Texas, "Leave Now or Die" when it comes to property rights.

Keep writing your fiction stories.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

IC B2

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by broomd
Chad Read was LEGALLY there to get his son. Don't understand why people fail to see that.

When Read was told his son was not there, and was asked to leave, he no longer had a legal right to be on the property.

Sad people like you fail to see what an elementary student could grasp.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He will walk.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
He will walk.

Maybe, but he’s still a huge wuss.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
funny how chipmunks slayer forgets to mention that the shrimpy guy shot at the deceased's feet before the escalation. Warning shots are not allowed in Texas. The deceased never threatened violence only said he would take the rifle from him after the shrimp shot at him.

People tend to get upset when they are shot at ( deadly force) and can legally try and defend themselves after deadly force is used.All the deceased tried do is remove the deadly force from the shooter. He never threatened him. Only said he would take the rifle ( threat ) from shrimpy. He was shot from at least 10 feet away standing, not moving toward the shooter with his hands in a non threatening matter at the sides of his body as before the firearm was retrieved when the shrimp shot at him.

ROFLMAO

An illegal trespasser has no right to defend their self against the legal agent of a property. Any action an illegal trespasser takes against the agent of a property is assault and up. The legal agent of a property has the Castle Doctrine to back every action he takes to remove threat from property. The legal agent is not required to back down.

There is NO Threat Level an agent of a property must judge to have been met before defending a property against a hostile illegal trespasser.

“It's real simple in Texas, "Leave Now or Die" when it comes to property rights.”

Share that on a few legal forums, and see what kind of response you get. Better yet, try it in a court of law....

Internet tough guy, much????

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Laughing my azz off at people who think the shooter will go to jail for shooting an aggressive threatening illegal trespasser who committed Assault and Battery against him.

Both of these men were idiots, but you and those like you are the reason I carry....brain-dead morons.
No common sense.

You should remove yourself from this conversation. It obviously is beyond your limited knowledge for you to grasp.

Next time you label someone as brain-dead moron, you might want to back it up with hard facts, or else you prove you are the brain-dead moron....and you do a fine job at it, I might add.

"He is far from Stupid"

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
he is a moron. Doesn't even understand the castle doctrine

I bet chipmunk slayer would justify shooting mormons or trick or treaters in his single wide trailer park because was was afeared for his life. lol

ROFLMAO

No common sense.

Last edited by ribka; 11/29/21.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
“It's real simple in Texas, "Leave Now or Die" when it comes to property rights.”

Share that on a few legal forums, and see what kind of response you get. Better yet, try it in a court of law....

Oh, I have a better idea, look at the precedents already set in the real world. Screw your legal forums full of commie democrat defense lawyers with their brainwashed commie legal theories they have been indoctrinated with.

"He is far from Stupid"

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Oh, I have a better idea, look at the precedents already set in the real world. Screw your legal forums full of commie democrat defense lawyers with their brainwashed commie legal theories they have been indoctrinated with.

What “precedents” would those be?? Rawhide 1876?? Eastwood vs. Koreans 2002??

You can use “force” to remove trespassers in Texas, NOT “deadly force”. Otherwise, you have to show proof that arson/burglary/physical violence was about to occur or believed to have been about to occur.

The victim was KNOWN, he hadn’t threatened VIOLENCE, he hadn’t ASSAULTED anyone (other than verbally).

“Hey! I’ll just walk inside, grab a gun, and see if THAT makes the situation better!” While the ex-wife sits there, calmly on her phone, showing no concern for her safety (because she KNOWS he’s just yelling, and has a REASON to be doing so).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

When Read was told his son was not there, and was asked to leave, he no longer had a legal right to be on the property.

Sad people like you fail to see what an elementary student could grasp.

Not sure if this is true.
Or when/if trespassing comes into play.

A case could be made that he was court ordered to be there.
It was the court ordered time and place to pickup his kid.

These crazy games played by parents blur everything,
But I'd bet a prosecutor will spell out everything leading up to this.

It's not like he showed up unexpected, and wanted them to give him
Grannys gravy dish.

I hope investigators got them all sepereated and questioned them thoroughly.
I agree with early posters. There is a good chance this was orchestrated.

As to the swapping, the deceased threatens to subpoena the shooter's
ex-wife. The judge. That's odd. Unless.....
But We could be jumping to
conclusions. There are a lot of socially friendly couples where one
spouse ends up with another's. And they weren't really swappers.
Just cheaters.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Here's a lesson for you armchair legal scholars, why do you think Read did not "finish the job" when he had control of the gun?

Why did he just swing Carruth(shooter) away WITH THE GUN?

Why didn't he finish the fight to gain control of the gun at ALL COSTS TO SAVE HIS LIFE?

You want to know why....because READ "KNEW" he was in the wrong legally.

Read knew he was illegally trespassing at that point.

He was pissed, but he also knew what would happen if he hurt Carruth while illegally trespassing after being told to leave.

They both are Jerry Springer Show candidates, and you fake azz commie biatches taking the commie position Carruth didn't have a right to a gun, you people are Jerry Springer Show audience candidates.

"He is far from Stupid"

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

You can use “force” to remove trespassers in Texas, NOT “deadly force”. Otherwise, you have to show proof that arson/burglary/physical violence was about to occur or believed to have been about to occur.

The victim was KNOWN, he hadn’t threatened VIOLENCE, he hadn’t ASSAULTED anyone (other than verbally).

“Hey! I’ll just walk inside, grab a gun, and see if THAT makes the situation better!” While the ex-wife sits there, calmly on her phone, showing no concern for her safety (because she KNOWS he’s just yelling, and has a REASON to be doing so).

You're just plain dumb.

So now Read committing Assault & Battery on Carruth is not Assault & Battery. A hostile threat in your face, and then physically being thrown across the yard.....no assault.

Don't ever serve on a jury. You're too blind and dumb for the defendant to get a fair trial.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
Originally Posted by Rangersedge
Manslaughter... unless he gets a very sympathetic jury. Size disparity, yes. Justification no. Will be interesting to find out.

Here's the take from a note 2nd amendment, self defense attorney.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3JyVw5LU8EA&feature=youtu.be

Great video!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Rangersedge
Manslaughter... unless he gets a very sympathetic jury. Size disparity, yes. Justification no. Will be interesting to find out.

Here's the take from a note 2nd amendment, self defense attorney.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3JyVw5LU8EA&feature=youtu.be

Worth a watch.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sounds like you'd shoot the paper boy based on your rambling unhinged response. Must have not felt threatened because he only fired an illegal warning shot at the deceased's feet

You're just plain dumb.

So now Read committing Assault & Battery on Carruth is not Assault & Battery. A hostile threat in your face, and then physically being thrown across the yard.....no assault.

Don't ever serve on a jury. You're too blind and dumb for the defendant to get a fair trial.

Last edited by ribka; 11/29/21.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If the shooter was scared for his life or the life of his girlfriend, he has a defense. But I don’t see it. The shooter escalated the situation from a verbal altercation to a physical one when he retrieved his firearm. I’d the lawyer up pretty quick if I was the shooter. The dead guy had a right to be there if his custody agreement listed that particular day and time to pick up his kid. Tough situation all around and I feel empathy for the child who will one day learn his Mother ‘s behavior created a situation that was caught on a video resulting in his father’s death .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 30 of 72 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 71 72

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (35, 79S, 6mmbrfan, 35WhelenNut, 673, 264mag, 16 invisible), 962 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,890
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.