Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 25 1 2 3 4 24 25
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I used to hunt in Wyoming with an ex-friend who went hard left on everything. He tried to get me to see BHA as something that is acting on behalf of hunters, but then he'd also say stuff like there should be no private land, everything should be owned by the government and all that other Marxist crap.

The last time we hunted together, he pointed out how easy it was for "public land owners" to undermine the rights of those who own private land by doing exactly what these bozos did with corner crossing and combine it with lawfare by radical environmental groups.

Our breaking point was when I bought land in MT and he scorned me for being part of the problem when it comes to "my public lands". Last thing I said to him before we stopped talking was that if public lands are his, then they clearly aren't public.

I know two things for sure about this world...french fries are a gift from the gods and BHA is a pure Marxist organization that seeks to undermine individual rights of all types.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Judman
Bout like any non profit… someone is lookin out, and it ain’t for your rights, folks are gettin rich…

If BHA actually protected sportsmen's rights they would have filed a lawsuit years ago to fight this with their ample war chest. . They've never done anything for sportsmen and their leadership is on record multiple times demanding that firearms be banned and confiscated. Trapping was just banned in NM, lion and bear hunting banned in California, bear hunting with dogs dogs banned in Colorado and Washington, illegal wolf introduction. BHA did not contribute any resources to combat these attacks. BHA just endorsed an anti hunting, anti gun self admitted eco terrorirsit to run BLM.

Cant believe people are dumb enough to buy into their sportsmen's schtick.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Public lands should never be locked from the public! Having public lands that are ringed by contiguous private property thereby excluding the public from accessing their land and turning it into a de facto private oasis for the private land owners is absolutely wrong! If the public can not reasonably access it then it should be a criminal offense for ANYONE to access it! Ain’t nobody ever gonna change my mind regarding this issue. It’s just plain wrong!

Now these greedy land owners think they own the airspace too? 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Having exclusive use is the same as ownership. Ownership cones with a tax bill everywhere else. Open up or pay tax.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If the BLM really gave a darn they would be doing land swaps or condemning 6’ wide easements into any public parcel greater than 500 acres that was landlocked. I’m fine with no vehicle walk in access only but no access is idiotic.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I agree on the public land issue but I'm never getting in bed with these BHA LIBERAL PUKES!!

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Public lands should never be locked from the public! Having public lands that are ringed by contiguous private property thereby excluding the public from accessing their land and turning it into a de facto private oasis for the private land owners is absolutely wrong! If the public can not reasonably access it then it should be a criminal offense for ANYONE to access it! Ain’t nobody ever gonna change my mind regarding this issue. It’s just plain wrong!

Now these greedy land owners think they own the airspace too? 😂

Concur wholeheartedly.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What altitude must one be at for corner hopping to become legal there?

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Judman
Bout like any non profit… someone is lookin out, and it ain’t for your rights, folks are gettin rich…

If BHA actually protected sportsmen's rights they would have filed a lawsuit years ago to fight this with their ample war chest. . They've never done anything for sportsmen and their leadership is on record multiple times demanding that firearms be banned and confiscated. Trapping was just banned in NM, lion and bear hunting banned in California, bear hunting with dogs dogs banned in Colorado and Washington, illegal wolf introduction. BHA did not contribute any resources to combat these attacks. BHA just endorsed an anti hunting, anti gun self admitted eco terrorirsit to run BLM.

Cant believe people are dumb enough to buy into their sportsmen's schtick.

Absolutely hit the nail on the head. I'm continually amazed that so many hunters support BHA, despite the fact that BHA is a left wing, anti gun, anti rural America, organization.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by sherm_61
I wouldnt touch anything BHA has anything to do with or give them one red cent.

So they can never be on the right side of an issue?

I don’t agree with much of BHA, but this issue I do.

BHA is a cancer you can’t afford to befriend. Whatever BHA or Brent Danielson are for, you need to be against.

Is that the BrentD [bleep] that used to post here?

MAGA
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by sherm_61
I wouldnt touch anything BHA has anything to do with or give them one red cent.

So they can never be on the right side of an issue?

I don’t agree with much of BHA, but this issue I do.

BHA is a cancer you can’t afford to befriend. Whatever BHA or Brent Danielson are for, you need to be against.

Is that the BrentD [bleep] that used to post here?

Yes, this BrentD

The very same worthless liberal “look at me I have a gun, so I am a fellow gun owner so just because I own a gun I can be a friend although I support everything that is anti gun” piece of $hit.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by specneeds
If the BLM really gave a darn they would be doing land swaps or condemning 6’ wide easements into any public parcel greater than 500 acres that was landlocked. I’m fine with no vehicle walk in access only but no access is idiotic.

+1

I have been saying this same thing for years. Landowners don't like it though.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
As a resident of Wyoming , I can tell you that the trespass issue has far greater depth to it. There is lots of land inaccessible for many reasons. State land trust land is a big one because of private concerns. Mark Gordon ( Governor) owns a ranch that has a huge amount of inaccessible State land behind it. He and his neighbors are not going to willing open the door to it. Ranch owners here are not the least concerned with hunter access, they are concerned with what they view as theirs, for free. Corner jumping and such are just ways to limit access , until a case comes to court and a ruling is won in favor of the hunter, this will continue. The game and Fish and local law enforcement just go along with it because they always have. I used to be a Surveyor, and I can tell you from experience that the borders between public owned and private land are ALWAYS shady at best. The fences are run for benefit of the private and never the public. I have run property line surveys around land and if it did not agree with the private, all marking would vanish over night. Its frustrating to mark a section of land and have your boss question what they heck you did all day.......

Last edited by wyoming260; 12/01/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by wyoming260
. . . all marking would vanish over night. .

I presume it's not lawful to molest or destroy survey monuments in WYO.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Need to flood the area with charter helicopter operations

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Someone help me understand the issue here. What exactly is “corner crossing?” I’m picturing 4 parcels in a checkerboard with two diagonal corners being public and 2 being private, and the private guys trying to prevent movement between the public areas. Is that correct?

805 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ccard257
Someone help me understand the issue here. What exactly is “corner crossing?” I’m picturing 4 parcels in a checkerboard with two diagonal corners being public and 2 being private, and the private guys trying to prevent movement between the public areas. Is that correct?

That is exactly it. The private guys usually try to say that in order to cross the corner you crossed their property as well. In many cases there are significant acres of public land that the private property owner uses at free will but tries to keep public people from accessing it.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Ccard257

Exactly

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I think all the western states have the same problem. This map is where we saw a bunch of elk a couple days ago. It's not a corner but they sure have you locked out of public land. The blue is state land, the white is private and posted on every fence post. Needless to say, the landowner also 'owns' the state land for all practical purposes. All we could do is sit at the gate and glass them. I don't know if it's true but I've heard that this landowner will let you hunt it for $1000.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm not donating a penny but he fact that they can landlock public is bs.

Hunt...
Page 2 of 25 1 2 3 4 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 49 invisible), 2,781 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,270
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.