Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by hookeye
Ground blind, wooden platform and even a steel hang on stand.
The latter was scary but both tied in and went slow.
Was maybe 20 ft.
I weighed 165 and she was 95.

She was 95? You must have had to be really careful. At her age it could have killed her.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Beaver;
Good evening to you my cyber friend, I hope the second last day of November treated you all well.

Before going any further I'll assure you that the day I discuss my personal experiences with such things online will be the day you can add my name to my cyber friend Digital Dan's list of folks who've lost it.

However, that doesn't mean I don't have a sheep hunting story for you - and it's California Bighorns by the way for those who have the rubber boot and velcro glove jokes waiting in the wings.

Back in the halcyon days of Okanagan sheep hunting, we were allowed to take a ram per year with over the counter tags with only a 3/4 curl restriction.

It was one of the more accessible areas to get an over the counter sheep tag so as the gentle reader can imagine, the more accessible areas were a wee bit of a three ring circus. One morning on a trailhead to get onto a good place to see rams, I was the 12th pickup for instance.

The poor out of country hunters were a wee bit nonplussed too sometimes as they were expecting a more "wilderness experience" sheep hunt rather than something resembling a Black Friday opening at an electronics store.

It was bad enough that until I took up sheep hunting in the early '90's, I studiously and most carefully avoided that drainage for the entire month of September, which was when the season was.

The stage is now sufficiently set for the following tale.

I bumped into a buddy who along with his brother would guide, taking time off of their usual contractor duties. I'd query them about mulie bucks mostly as I wasn't quite to the point where I was hoping to get a ram. That came a couple years later.

When I asked if he saw any decent bucks so far that season he replied that no, he'd not seen any big ones, but that he and at least 5 other groups of hunters had witnessed a couple who were obviously in the mood for something other than strictly sheep hunting.

He then wondered out loud to me why anyone would think they had privacy in a place that likely had more spotting scopes and expensive binoculars second only to the annual bird watchers bird count day, you know?

Anyways that's the story of the sheep hunters who couldn't wait, or something akin to that I suppose?

All the best to you all as we head into winter weather.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Who's been in a hunting blind?

Homos.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Beaver;
Good evening to you my cyber friend, I hope the second last day of November treated you all well.

Before going any further I'll assure you that the day I discuss my personal experiences with such things online will be the day you can add my name to my cyber friend Digital Dan's list of folks who've lost it.

However, that doesn't mean I don't have a sheep hunting story for you - and it's California Bighorns by the way for those who have the rubber boot and velcro glove jokes waiting in the wings.

Back in the halcyon days of Okanagan sheep hunting, we were allowed to take a ram per year with over the counter tags with only a 3/4 curl restriction.

It was one of the more accessible areas to get an over the counter sheep tag so as the gentle reader can imagine, the more accessible areas were a wee bit of a three ring circus. One morning on a trailhead to get onto a good place to see rams, I was the 12th pickup for instance.

The poor out of country hunters were a wee bit nonplussed too sometimes as they were expecting a more "wilderness experience" sheep hunt rather than something resembling a Black Friday opening at an electronics store.

It was bad enough that until I took up sheep hunting in the early '90's, I studiously and most carefully avoided that drainage for the entire month of September, which was when the season was.

The stage is now sufficiently set for the following tale.

I bumped into a buddy who along with his brother would guide, taking time off of their usual contractor duties. I'd query them about mulie bucks mostly as I wasn't quite to the point where I was hoping to get a ram. That came a couple years later.

When I asked if he saw any decent bucks so far that season he replied that no, he'd not seen any big ones, but that he and at least 5 other groups of hunters had witnessed a couple who were obviously in the mood for something other than strictly sheep hunting.

He then wondered out loud to me why anyone would think they had privacy in a place that likely had more spotting scopes and expensive binoculars second only to the annual bird watchers bird count day, you know?

Anyways that's the story of the sheep hunters who couldn't wait, or something akin to that I suppose?

All the best to you all as we head into winter weather.

Dwayne

Couple thoughts:

For some people, wide open spaces can cause things to get frisky...While others might find it exiting to be watched by others with naked eyes or through expensive optics.

Maybe that’s why it has been called the “Wild Outdoors” or “Nature Calls” due to it’s uncanny ability to trip some baser instinct in the brain to lay pipe to a sexy female.

Or, in Flave’s case a dood.

LOL

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Does it count if you had sex with yourself in the blind?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Moose_HNTR

Why do people keep asking that? No, it doesn't count.

Bunch of wankers on this forum.

Last edited by High_Noon; 11/29/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by High_Noon

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by High_Noon

Wonder if Jim in TN sings that to his house husband?

I'd bet PaDDler sings it to his 12 yr old pedophile interests....or to himself in the mirror.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most fellas go to duck blinds to get away from women!

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I used to hunt with this gal.....

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Threads like this are one of the reasons all the good guys "left".

You guys are crude, rude, and totally socially unacceptable.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

👍👍👍

Last edited by renegade50; 11/30/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
not yet wink wink

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
A few times, didn’t bother the deer.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
A few times, didn’t bother the deer.

Then you weren't doing it right! grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
not yet wink wink

Oh, Shît !

🤣🦫

“Molon Labe”
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I tried, but the chipmunk wanted nothing to do with it.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Yes, more than once.

NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Beav and Kingston sittin’ in a tree.

F-U-C-K-I-N-G!

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Beav and Kingston sittin’ in a tree.

F-U-C-K-I-N-G!

LOL

You Ding-dong, look at yourself, you can’t climb a tree, what makes you think either King, or I can climb a tree?

Yeah, pretty F’n stupid comment you made, ain’t it ?

Sheesh...Hold into the ground blinds.

😝🦫

“Molon Labe”
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

445 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 163bc, 45 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,193
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.