Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
dla Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
There is a very strong market for stuff people want as opposed to what people need.

What they need is a giant pile of ammo and a place to shoot. What they want is to play fantasy dress up.

There millions of new shooters out there who are just beginning to try stuff. They've got some free money from Uncle Sam and manufacturers have put lots of shiney bobbles in front of them. I'm speaking about optical sights, 15 shot micro-pistols, etc. for "carry" pistols.

What do you think?

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
People, hunters and gun people in particular, will buy almost anything as long as the ad is cool.

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"What do you think?"

Since you asked, I think you're an asshat. I'm sure many who have read your posts in the past would agree.
I even checked out your web page once. I found it interesting that one who prides himself on being an a$$hole here has so much Christian content on his web page.
Anything else I can help you with?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I even checked out your web page once. I found it interesting that one who prides himself on being an a$$hole here has so much Christian content on his web page.
Christians are liable to all the same vices...they're just more gullible.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Im fairly practical.
Interested in a 10mm for deer, optics cut.
Dont need it.
But w aging eyes.......

IC B2

D
dla Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by NVhntr
"What do you think?"

Since you asked, I think you're an asshat. I'm sure many who have read your posts in the past would agree.
Anything else I can help you with?

If you want a date, try Grindr.

If you want to participate in a thread, try to avoid attacking others as your only contribution.

Last edited by dla; 12/06/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I want your advice, I'll ask for it.
Try to avoid attacking others? That's funny coming from you. That's about all I've ever seen you post.

By the way, you were the only one commented on. Who are these others?

Last edited by NVhntr; 12/06/21.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by dla
There is a very strong market for stuff people want as opposed to what people need.

What they need is a giant pile of ammo and a place to shoot. What they want is to play fantasy dress up.

There millions of new shooters out there who are just beginning to try stuff. They've got some free money from Uncle Sam and manufacturers have put lots of shiney bobbles in front of them. I'm speaking about optical sights, 15 shot micro-pistols, etc. for "carry" pistols.

What do you think?

What I think is that you're an asshat. You're trying to impose what YOU think are someone else's needs just because you don't have the experience or knowledge to quantify them as an asset instead of a shiny bobble. Are there things out there that some may "want" more than "need"? yeah, but that's one of the great things about America is that they don't have to permission from an idiot like yourself to spend their money on things that you don't agree with.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
D
dla Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by RyanTX
Originally Posted by dla

What do you think?

What I think is that you're an asshat. You're trying to impose what YOU think are someone else's needs just because you don't have the experience or knowledge to quantify them as an asset instead of a shiny bobble. Are there things out there that some may "want" more than "need"? yeah, but that's one of the great things about America is that they don't have to permission from an idiot like yourself to spend their money on things that you don't agree with.

So you play dress up? Do you run around pretending to vanquish evil doers? Fine by me if you do.

I agree that we don't all have to think alike. I know guys who bought a Taurus judge.

But I also know that there are fads that come and go. Fads that gear manufacturers leverage to sell stuff. And there are a lot of new shooters with money.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I went them to have lots of stuff so it'll be easy to get if everything goes side ways.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I don't really think about what others may spend their 'gun money' on.

Probably because I could give a $hit less.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
As for me, my last gun related purchase was 500 rounds of IMI 7.62 NATO.

I tend toward practical......most of the time.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I 'm not sure what's so bad about a 15-shot micro pistol for a "carry" pistol.........I carry a Sig P365 in a IWB setup, and to my mind its quite a bit of firepower in a small, light, easily concealed package......when your usual attire is shorts and a tshirt it seems to be a good compromise.....

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by TimZ
I 'm not sure what's so bad about a 15-shot micro pistol for a "carry" pistol.........I carry a Sig P365 in a IWB setup, and to my mind its quite a bit of firepower in a small, light, easily concealed package......when your usual attire is shorts and a tshirt it seems to be a good compromise.....

If it fits your hands, and you shoot it reasonably well, then that seems like a pretty practical and sensible choice to me.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dla
... lots of shiney bobbles... I'm speaking about optical sights, 15 shot micro-pistols, etc. for "carry" pistols.

What do you think?

I think my 15+1 capacity P365 XL with its Holosun red dot is an excellent EDC choice for IWB carry. I am going to add a light in the near future, but even as it sits, it's a good choice. The red dot allows me to aim more precisely than my eyes allow with iron sights. I typically don't carry it to and from work, because I prefer a larger frame gun OWB, under my suit jacket, but I have it with me today and don't feel undergunned.

I also think that anyone who categorizes high capacity small pistols with optics as "bobbles" ought to run one before proffering opinions not based upon facts.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I've read a few of dla's posts where he is slagging off small 9mm with high capacity. Not sure what that is actually about.

I'm wearing a Glock 19 at the moment, but I'm really liking the 43X for a smaller carry, that has a good full-hand grip, and shoots well.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I've read a few of dla's posts where he is slagging off small 9mm with high capacity. Not sure what that is actually about.

I'm wearing a Glock 19 at the moment, but I'm really liking the 43X for a smaller carry, that has a good full-hand grip, and shoots well.

POI on target with Glock, relative to 115/124's lets say?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter

POI on target with Glock, relative to 115/124's lets say?

It's right on the mark at 15 yards.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Waders,

Which Holosun?

Originally Posted by Waders

I think my 15+1 capacity P365 XL with its Holosun red dot

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MM,

I ordered three boxes of those 9mm for Black Friday. How do you like them?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

486 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 56 invisible), 2,897 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,376
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.