Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

the question changes if something happens to your spouse and they die or disappear….

Dating when you are older sucks, and even though there are a lot of women, some say most of them have issues

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

the question changes if something happens to your spouse and they die or disappear….

Dating when you are older sucks, and even though there are a lot of women, some say most of them have issues

A man of means that bathes regularly can get married any given day of the week .

As told to me by a minister.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
It's called COMMITMENT. Get your little feelings out of the way and stand up. 38 years and counting. It aint easy. Not every male can do it. Real men can.

If you hunt with your kids. You should not have to hunt for your kids.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wyowinchester
It's called COMMITMENT. Get your little feelings out of the way and stand up. 38 years and counting. It aint easy. Not every male can do it. Real men can.

Even if she is a psycho bitch and uses the courts to clean you out financially..... yeah a real man

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by irfubar

Even if she is a psycho bitch and uses the courts to clean you out financially..... yeah a real man

Again, so much for your “happy traditional married couple”.

And to think,,,she was “good enough” to take your name.

Can’t argue with that logic, can we?

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
Government really needs to be out of the marriage business too. Why the heck does anyone need a license to get married?

They don't. Marriage, IMO, is a mutual, private contract between two people. Our ceromony in front of the Bishop and the state paperwork we did to me is irelevant. 43 years here, following a year long live-together.

Gender does not matter (am I "woke"? ). I don't give a chit - but I don't like homo-pairings to be artificially stuck in my face. Cross gender pairings don't do that, in my perception. But I could be indoctrinated....

Government and/or religious ceremony/ paperwork is extraneous. It does make things easier on the legal front.

Last edited by las; 12/06/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
If they ain’t worthy of marriage they’re probably not worthy of shaking up. If crazy is just waiting to rear it’s ugly head no amount of shaking up will change this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Little confused on which part to argue with? tradition or taking your last name?
The taking of the last name was not my post.
The traditional relationship was my post..... point being the educational system is feeding liberal feminist ideas to women and that is toxic to a traditional relationship. Do you dispute this?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F

I was committed to my 1st.
She was not committed to me.
after 12 years of a signed paper marriage she decided she wanted what was suppose to be my best friend.
So I let her go.
I even packed up all of her stuff and moved her out.
the last year of our so called marriage was shear Hell for me.
I purchased a home after i moved her out and a bit more than a year after that I started seeing my current partner.
about 9 months to a year after we were going together she moved in with me.
No Papers need to be signed as far as I and her are Concerned.
She was beaten for 20+ years in her 1st marriage and it took al long time for her to get past that part of her life.
We have been together for over 25 years and I have put 2 rings on her finger.
I set the stone in the first one I gave her and about 2 years ago I surprised her with a new one 3 times the size of the 1st one.
She still has the 1st ring in her drawer.
I may be screwed up but I personally do not think you have to sign some stupid paper to show your Commitment to someone.
We have had our tensions in the past and we will have more in the future but we find a way to get past those tensions some how.
With out the signed paper.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
It’s a contract or commitment between two people….legally, mentally, etc. Shackin’ up is just a way to give yourself an “out”….getting the milk without buying the cow.

We dated or were engaged for 2 1/2 years before we graduated and tied the knot. Plenty of time for escape for either if it wasn’t going as it should and there were no kids or assets to worry about and not many surprises.

It’ll be 50 years next summer.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Little confused on which part to argue with? tradition or taking your last name?
The traditional relationship was my post..... point being the educational system is feeding liberal feminist ideas to women and that is toxic to a traditional relationship. Do you dispute this?

Argue?

The present tradition of traditional marriage is a 50% divorce rate. Do you dispute that?

You were in agreement with BGG’s post of taking one’s name and what a woman is who would not . Do you dispute that?

It ain’t exactly earth shaking news of what the media has done and continues do by attacking any once sacred tradition, I don’t dispute that.

Now you can parse and mince while nitpicking any thing you want that’s been said here.

Your first “traditional marriage”, how’d that work out? What was the end result of it?

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We "shacked up" for three years prior to marriage. Smart move that we both agree. We have now been happily married 34 years.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
The Christian religion calls marriage Holy matrimony.

They don't call shacking up Holy shacking up. I believe they call it adultery.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
We "shacked up" for three years prior to marriage. Smart move that we both agree. We have now been happily married 34 years.

If shacking up was such a great thing, why did you marry?

Gotta say, at 52, I font think I would ever re-marry.
Wouldn't move one in either.

But I might fornicate.
It's been 26 years, but I remember it being fun.

Sure hope to never have to worry about it.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

So true. Dating is exhausting. The vast majority have some real issues - especially Caucasian women.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I remember when bastard and illegitimate chillruns was/were a big deal.
Big conversation at the barber shop.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by EdM

If shacking up was such a great thing, why did you marry?

Gotta say, at 52, I font think I would ever re-marry.
Wouldn't move one in either.

But I might fornicate.
It's been 26 years, but I remember it being fun.

Sure hope to never have to worry about it.

Because we wanted to. Simple, eh? Why the puhuck do you care what we did?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Argue?

The present tradition of traditional marriage is a 50% divorce rate. Do you dispute that?

You were in agreement with BGG’s post of taking one’s name and what a woman is who would not . Do you dispute that?

It ain’t exactly earth shaking news of what the media has done and continues do by attacking any once sacred tradition, I don’t dispute that.

Now you can parse and mince while nitpicking any thing you want that’s been said here.

Your first “traditional marriage”, how’d that work out? What was the end result of it?

The 59% divorce rate has nothing to do with with traditional marriage, that is a by product of the left and feminism.
As for taking a mans name.... if a woman won't, again she has drank the feminist cool aid.
As for my traditional first marriage , I was traditional, she was not, so it didn't work out.
So wtf is your point?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

Argue?

The 50% divorce rate counts a lot of people that didn’t really know what a marriage was before they went through with it. I bet people that think of a marriage rather than a wedding end up doing a lot better.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

Argue?

The 50% divorce rate counts a lot of people that didn’t really know what a marriage was before they went through with it. I bet people that think of a marriage rather than a wedding end up doing a lot better.

I suspect that you’re right. There’s more than a few mile markers in life that we don’t know the full measure of until we get into them.

Maybe why many are deferring marriage or forsaking it all together.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12344mag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,649
Posts18,493,382
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.