Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Houston_2
The Book of Proverbs spells it out fairly plain for those who take time to read it.
A Proverbs 31 woman…

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With a badonkadonk…!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The more I read about some of the women here, the more I realize how Blessed I am.

It's not my wife that makes me so glad to have her.
Without listening to other guys stories,
I wouldn't realize how good she is!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Married

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Lots of hurt feelers in this thread.

If there's kids involved, not getting married is just wrong. Sorry, I don't mean biblically, it's just not right.

If there's no kids and you're just fugk buddies, who cares.

I did shack up with my wife for about 7 months, but it wasn't until we were engaged, it was a money saving decision. I understand everybody's situation is different, and by no means do I mean to come off like I'm sitting in judgement. Just offering my opinion on the matter.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BGG,

Feelers are often too close to the surface. There hasn't been much
in this thread to get too excited about. Just opinions, mostly.

Many just don't take kindly to not getting afirmation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great thread.

Never been married. Shacked up with a few. Had regrets about one in particular, but it’s all about timing and if you’re both ready at the time.

Have good, older married friends who’ve talked me off the ledge anytime I thought about marrying one. “Don’t do it! You have no idea how lucky you are!” they’d say. They were right.

My father always said “The only reason to be married is to give your children a name”. I’m well past the age for making kids.

I’ve rolled along and watched my best friend who was married for 1/4 century, who I never thought would get divorced, have his wife leave him. Went hunting and came home to a note on the counter, house emptied, bank account emptied.

Talked to 3 other buddies where the same happened; 25-30 years of marriage and the wife bails.

Like others here have said, it’s a different world now. When my parents were married, marriages lasted. Women were more dependent on men, now they don’t need men really.

BTW, I’ve seriously never dated one that could successfully boil water…

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think you will find that people shacking up are less financially secure than those that are married.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
My wife of 38 years (almost 39 since we shacked up) is the primary reason we're financially secure.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
My wife of 38 years (almost 39 since we shacked up) is the primary reason we're financially secure.

We are the sum of our decisions in life. Good job!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Been married almost 36 years and consider myself lucky. I sure as he'll don't see where a piece of paper or ring means a damn thing if your committed to one another. I've never wore or owned a wedding ring and my wife hardly ever wears her wedding rings.

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My wife and I have been married 43 1/2 yrs. Dated 3 yrs prior to getting married. Have known each other since we were 8 yrs old. We are both 64 so we've known each other for 56 yrs, started dating our senior yr of high school. Have 3 kids, 4 grandkids with #5 due June 2022. Could not imagine a day without her. Love has no bounderies!! I am a very lucky man!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

I've read stories (written by John Barsnes) that would lead one to
believe that you have taught her bad financial habits.

Like buying expensive guns and hunting trips!😁

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Depends on the woman....

only have really wanted to marry one girl... and she's still out there... it never happened... my fault on that one... young and stupid...

first wife I never wanted to marry... but I was getting hassled constantly by my hen pecking mom.. demanding I owned her grand children.. all her friends had them, and she didn't so I owned her... so I married who I was going out with and thought I could get along with her.... bad bad mistake...

Second wife, good person, good wife... but still not the gal of my dreams...

I'll admit that between first and second wife, I sure did a lot of 'shacking up".. did the same in college.... it wasn't hard when your college has a 7 to 1 ratio of women to guys...
State Teachers College...

If I would be able to wind back the clock of time, I'd have traded away ALL of the others to have spent a life time with that ONE girl.. forever...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
Government really needs to be out of the marriage business too. Why the heck does anyone need a license to get married?

They don't. Marriage, IMO, is a mutual, private contract between two people. Our ceromony in front of the Bishop and the state paperwork we did to me is irelevant. 43 years here, following a year long live-together.

Gender does not matter (am I "woke"? ). I don't give a chit - but I don't like homo-pairings to be artificially stuck in my face. Cross gender pairings don't do that, in my perception. But I could be indoctrinated....

Government and/or religious ceremony/ paperwork is extraneous. It does make things easier on the legal front.

I got it, you want government involved in everything. Birth to death.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

393 members (163bc, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 37 invisible), 2,837 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,651
Posts18,533,818
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.