Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Cheesy
My wife is pretty high up in a software company based out of Israel with a presence in the US. A few months ago, the president of the US side was making them all fill out a spreadsheet of preferred prononouns, expecting the him/her/she/he/we/us response. Wife (being from Texas, and a smartass), put down "ya'll".

President, who she hates, scolded her through an email about making a mockery of it. She acknowledged he was correct, she was making a mockery of it, but if he had a problem with her preferred pronoun, she would have no issue getting the HR department in Israel on the line and they could settle it.

That email prompted everybody else to begin making a mockery of it, and in a matter of hours, the preferred pronoun spreadsheet list disappeared never to be heard from again.

Thinking people should have been making a mockery of this stuff in every venue from the get go. Maybe this would have prevented the silliness from gaining traction.

My thoughts exactly. Don't give it credence for even a microsecond. Immediate ridicule is the proper response.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boise
I'm guessing pointing and laughing isn't proper either.

😜

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I'll bet she doesn't learn a damn thing from it.

Did you even bother reading the whole post? What exactly did she do wrong that she needs to learn from?

She probably should have moved on from a woke company a long time ago. I'll guarantee this wasn't the first clue.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348

😜

Try making "Beverly Hills Cop" wherein Eddy Murphy's character bends over laughing after passing the leather pants guy. That's get you "cancelled" today.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

😜

Try making "Beverly Hills Cop" wherein Eddy Murphy's character bends over laughing after passing the leather pants guy. That's get you "cancelled" today.

I believe they/thems/its/whatevers are merely seeking attention. I can't be the only one that can't help chuckle when you seen some of these clowns. REALLY, the over the top facial piercing gets me laughing every time and I've yet to be called out. My level of politeness is to not laugh in their face but I light up pretty quick at some of the shows.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
IC B2

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by g5m
How are you supposed to know the "proper' pronoun?

Maybe they(?) should walk around with a sign that says "I'm a ______________" ... fill in the blank.

Or, what does it read on your drivers license. That's what I go by, like it or not.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I recently got called in to our HR department because I called our receptionist a good girl for working so hard. I was told that I should call her a good employee instead. Crazy, crazy times..

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I know I'm preaching to the choir; but, this is getting ridiculous. Words mean things. Words are used to describe things. Changing the meaning of any word is just stupid. Let's make it simple:
Man = male
Woman = female
Transgender Man = female who wants to be a male
Transgender Woman = man who wants to be a female

I know it's rhetorical; but, how can that be offense AND how can one be any more accommodating than the above list? And, we already have a pronoun for something/someone who is neither male nor female: "it".

We've lost our collective minds. Holy crap!!!

Or, just "normal or confused"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We are told to "follow the Science" on many woke issues. Unfortunately this doesn't apply to simple things like gender recognition.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

😜

I believe they/thems/its/whatevers are merely seeking attention. I can't be the only one that can't help chuckle when you seen some of these clowns. REALLY, the over the top facial piercing gets me laughing every time and I've yet to be called out. My level of politeness is to not laugh in their face but I light up pretty quick at some of the shows.

Not “seeking”, demanding. It puts them in a position of power when they can get others to jump through hoops when they crack their little woke whips. Since I’m not employed, not in the public sphere in any way, and don’t give a fugg, I’m only annoyed on the behalf of others.

My 61 year-old cousin has, or maybe had a millennial girlfriend. He said something that offended her tender feelers, again, not directed at her, but about someone else, and was told he couldn’t say whatever it was he said. They think they can just continuously move the sticks whenever they want and you have to comply.

In a land where people call the police because they can’t get an apple pie with their Happy Meal, nothing surprises me any more.

Last edited by Pappy348; 12/07/21.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Cheesy
My wife is pretty high up in a software company based out of Israel with a presence in the US. A few months ago, the president of the US side was making them all fill out a spreadsheet of preferred prononouns, expecting the him/her/she/he/we/us response. Wife (being from Texas, and a smartass), put down "ya'll".

President, who she hates, scolded her through an email about making a mockery of it. She acknowledged he was correct, she was making a mockery of it, but if he had a problem with her preferred pronoun, she would have no issue getting the HR department in Israel on the line and they could settle it.

That email prompted everybody else to begin making a mockery of it, and in a matter of hours, the preferred pronoun spreadsheet list disappeared never to be heard from again.

Thinking people should have been making a mockery of this stuff in every venue from the get go. Maybe this would have prevented the silliness from gaining traction.

My thoughts exactly. Don't give it credence for even a microsecond. Immediate ridicule is the proper response.

Nice people finish last , agree we should never have been passive with these people .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by g5m
How are you supposed to know the "proper' pronoun?

Maybe they(?) should walk around with a sign that says "I'm a ______________" ... fill in the blank.

Fug that [bleep] don't address them at all . Don't recognize their perversion at all or acknowledge it. Just say what you need to without any courtesy or politeness of saying Ms Mr miss just say or answer any inquiry with a statement as the answer to their query like " I don't know, I can't help you with that " etc. fuggem

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If we’ve gotten to the point this is a serious problem, it’s about time for a famine or disease to wipe out a good percentage of our population.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by andrews1958
I recently got called in to our HR department because I called our receptionist a good girl for working so hard. I was told that I should call her a good employee instead. Crazy, crazy times..

Did she complain, or did someone else over hear you? Just curious.

3825 24336
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (1badf350, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,059
Posts18,501,193
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.