Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
My friend called me Sunday night, he has a Pietta, .45 Colt, Gunfighter model. Now, according to some sources this is the gun that Killer used on the camera gal. Anyway, Craig stuffed his full of his normal handloads, CCI large pistol primers, Remington brass, 7 gr Unique, 230 gr Lee cast bullet. He dropped the hammer 6 times, finger OFF trigger, no discharges...3 times he dropped the hammer from just short of engaging half-cock, not enough poop to fire the primer....and 3 times from just short of full-cock. The hammer caught the half-cock notch all 3 times.
We can only hope the DA does this also with the actual revolver.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Even if it did fire, Baldwin is still guilty of a negligent discharge.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Try it with the trigger pulled all the way back. That disables all the safety features.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by flintlocke
My friend called me Sunday night, he has a Pietta, .45 Colt, Gunfighter model. Now, according to some sources this is the gun that Killer used on the camera gal. Anyway, Craig stuffed his full of his normal handloads, CCI large pistol primers, Remington brass, 7 gr Unique, 230 gr Lee cast bullet. He dropped the hammer 6 times, finger OFF trigger, no discharges...3 times he dropped the hammer from just short of engaging half-cock, not enough poop to fire the primer....and 3 times from just short of full-cock. The hammer caught the half-cock notch all 3 times.

Yep I tried it the other night with 2 different 2nd generation Colts, same exact results as your friend.

Your mind is your primary weapon. Never let it get rusty.

Endowment Member NRA
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
That's my point Mr Lincoln, his f....... finger was on the trigger. Doesn't make any difference whether the sear was engaged or not, the hammer fell because the trigger was pulled. A good point, the only point, if you are trying for a negligent homicide charge.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Santa Fe County District Attorney says she is still considering who might face criminal charges in the deadly shooting on a local movie set. In a statement, Mary Carmack-Altwise says her office is “exploring various theories” about who was responsible for the prop gun that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of “Rust.”

The DA goes on to say in part, that everyone involved in firearms handling had a duty to ensure safety and certain people may be found criminally liable for what they did or didn’t do. Meanwhile, assistant director Dave Halls is backing up actor Alec Baldwin’s assertion that he never actually pulled the trigger, a claim that is raising eyebrows among industry professionals.

“I was honestly a little startled when I heard his statement that he hadn’t pulled the trigger, but the gun fired. Something tells me that this gun if it operated the way he says, was not functioning according to the way it was designed,” said movie armorer Durch Merrick.

~Molɔ̀ːn LabĂ© SkĂœla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Hmmm
..it’si been decades since I owned a revolver, but didn’t most manufacturers incorporate a hammer block system due to people carrying full cylinders and having them discharge when something banged hard on the hammer
(like from tripping or hammer snags on brush)????

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Hmmm
..it’si been decades since I owned a revolver, but didn’t most manufacturers incorporate a hammer block system due to people carrying full cylinders and having them discharge when something banged hard on the hammer
(like from tripping or hammer snags on brush)????

If the sear notches are damaged then the Hammer can fall and discharge the firearm without pulling the trigger

Easy to check actually revolver to see if it could have happened as he claims

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mr. Baldwin needs to listen to his lawyer and keep his mouth shut, period, irrespective of what happened. The "I didn't pull the trigger" claim just makes him sound like a liar. As it stands, it is highly unlikely he faces any criminal liability. That will fall on whomever placed the live round(s) on the set/in the box. However, he will probably be on the hook for a large civil lawsuit/settlement. Refer to my first sentence. He needs to keep his mouth shut. The number or people who are in jail, wrongfully or correctly, only because they didn't keep their mouths shut would blow your mind. The dollars paid in civil judgments or settlements that are attributable to someone's failure to keep their mouth shut would likewise blow your mind.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Alec Baldwin is looking more and more like George Soros lately, those big bags under his eyes and unhappy expression.

They say as you age, you cannot hide your true nature, it shows through in your face.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by benchman

so I was reading up on that in New Mexico where I believe the movie was being filmed

------------

Negligent use of a deadly weapon consists of:

(1) discharging a firearm into any building or vehicle or so as to knowingly endanger a person or his property;

(2) carrying a firearm while under the influence of an intoxicant or narcotic;

(3) endangering the safety of another by handling or using a firearm or other deadly weapon in a negligent manner; or

(4) discharging a firearm within one hundred fifty yards of a dwelling or building, not including abandoned or vacated buildings on public lands during hunting seasons, without the permission of the owner or lessees thereof.

B. The provisions of Paragraphs (1), (3) and (4) of Subsection A of this section shall not apply to a peace officer or other public employee who is required or authorized by law to carry or use a firearm in the course of his employment and who carries, handles, uses or discharges a firearm while lawfully engaged in carrying out the duties of his office or employment.

C. The exceptions from criminal liability provided for in Subsection B of this section shall not preclude or affect civil liability for the same conduct.

Whoever commits negligent use of a deadly weapon is guilty of a petty misdemeanor.

-----------------
wow, good on you New Mexico

I would assume if it results in the death of someone, its a harsher penalty?

Last edited by KFWA; 12/07/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He pointed a pistol at someone, intentionally pulled the trigger, and killed them. Our courts will determine his culpability. And yes, I am sick of hearing about him. I wish Jeffery Epstein's murder got the same coverage.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4T1RC4uXQA

The first great western was made in 1903 and this is the opening scene. A guy shooting a six gun right at the camera. And they have used it in the movies ever since. Sean Connery fired right at the camera to open Goldfinger.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Mr. Baldwin needs to listen to his lawyer and keep his mouth shut, period, irrespective of what happened. The "I didn't pull the trigger" claim just makes him sound like a liar. As it stands, it is highly unlikely he faces any criminal liability. That will fall on whomever placed the live round(s) on the set/in the box. However, he will probably be on the hook for a large civil lawsuit/settlement. Refer to my first sentence. He needs to keep his mouth shut. The number or people who are in jail, wrongfully or correctly, only because they didn't keep their mouths shut would blow your mind. The dollars paid in civil judgments or settlements that are attributable to someone's failure to keep their mouth shut would likewise blow your mind.

No. That lie proves hes a liar.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by benchman

Like his daddy?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Baldwin accepted the ultimate actors challenge.

He stepped up to prove to himself that he could act well enough to fool everyone if he fulfilled his desire to know what it would feel like to wrongfully kill someome.

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/07/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C

I tried with mine as well, same results, he certainly pulled the trigger. What I don't get is how, during his interview, he stated he feels no guilt. How is that even possible?

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Was sick before the shooting

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by chuckster243

I tried with mine as well, same results, he certainly pulled the trigger. What I don't get is how, during his interview, he stated he feels no guilt. How is that even possible?

Emphatically stated he feels no guilt. WTF?

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

He does not understand that he made a mistake and that mistakes have consequences.

To him guilt is by intent, nothing else.

If he didnt mean to shoot her, then hes not responsible ....in his mind.

His arrogance may have contributed to the event.
Clueless elitist bastard doesnt get it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 338Rules, 300_savage, 35, 375sunrise, 15 invisible), 1,457 guests, and 774 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,651
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.