Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by David_Walter
MM,

I ordered three boxes of those 9mm for Black Friday. How do you like them?

Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I've read a few of dla's posts where he is slagging off small 9mm with high capacity. Not sure what that is actually about.

I'm wearing a Glock 19 at the moment, but I'm really liking the 43X for a smaller carry, that has a good full-hand grip, and shoots well.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I like them for the carry because they make the pistol noticeably lighter than the 147's or 135's. They hit where they are aimed. They ARE louder. And they are expensive.

If a smaller and lighter carry is what one is looking for, they are worth consideration.

I need to chrono them one of these days. I have barrels in 3.4", 4". 4.5" and 6". I believe the 1800 fps rating is based on a 4" barrel.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Need vs Want:

I think it's 90% Want and 10% Need.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Waders,

Which Holosun?

Originally Posted by Waders

I think my 15+1 capacity P365 XL with its Holosun red dot

507K-X2

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Thx to MM and Waders

Waders, what holster do you use?

β€œLive free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Waders, what holster do you use?

FDO Industries Winter Warrior.
https://www.fdoindustries.com/colle...-of-the-winter-warrior-iwb-kydex-holster

I ordered mine off Amazon. It's not expensive, but if you're OK with a standard belt clip, it gets the job done. I've used mine for 8 months. No complaints.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WD5HDPY/ref=dp_iou_view_item?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you want to customize it, order from their website: https://www.fdoindustries.com/products/forge-your-own-custom-holster

Wade

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

If I need it I want it, if I want it I need it. See how that works

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
My rule of thumb is want becomes need after 30 days. If I still want it after 30 days, I need it. 😁

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mart
My rule of thumb is want becomes need after 30 days. If I still want it after 30 days, I need it. 😁

At this point in my life, everything flies quickly past "want" to "need". And the word "budget" occupies little space in the equation. 😁

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by dla
... lots of shiney bobbles... I'm speaking about optical sights, 15 shot micro-pistols, etc. for "carry" pistols.

What do you think?

I think my 15+1 capacity P365 XL with its Holosun red dot is an excellent EDC choice for IWB carry. I am going to add a light in the near future, but even as it sits, it's a good choice. The red dot allows me to aim more precisely than my eyes allow with iron sights. I typically don't carry it to and from work, because I prefer a larger frame gun OWB, under my suit jacket, but I have it with me today and don't feel undergunned.

I also think that anyone who categorizes high capacity small pistols with optics as "bobbles" ought to run one before proffering opinions not based upon facts.

Wade, big <LIKE> on those results.

Looks like you've got your "needs" figured out.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by dla
There is a very strong market for stuff people want as opposed to what people need.

What they need is a giant pile of ammo and a place to shoot. What they want is to play fantasy dress up.

There millions of new shooters out there who are just beginning to try stuff. They've got some free money from Uncle Sam and manufacturers have put lots of shiney bobbles in front of them. I'm speaking about optical sights, 15 shot micro-pistols, etc. for "carry" pistols.

What do you think?

I think it is their money and they are entitled to spend it as they wish.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by dla
There is a very strong market for stuff people want as opposed to what people need.

What they need is a giant pile of ammo and a place to shoot. What they want is to play fantasy dress up.

There millions of new shooters out there who are just beginning to try stuff. They've got some free money from Uncle Sam and manufacturers have put lots of shiney bobbles in front of them. I'm speaking about optical sights, 15 shot micro-pistols, etc. for "carry" pistols.

What do you think?

I think it is their money and they are entitled to spend it as they wish.

Hell yes.

I really like my HK P30L. Not a 9mm fan but understand what it is and why its decent.
Run a P365 as my small every day rig. Its sweet as is.
Might get a VP9 for a mid size 9mm.

Three would be enough wink

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by jwp475

Pretty much, want it at first, then after a couple weeks need it and justify it. My safe has plenty that me and my sons may need some day.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by jwp475

Pretty much, want it at first, then after a couple weeks need it and justify it. My safe has plenty that me and my sons may need some day.

LOL πŸ˜†

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I always figure I need it because I don’t have it. Want has nothing to do with firearms😜

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
One of the most successful businessman that I personally know says you always want to get it in the line of something people want not that they need.

Last edited by ldholton; 12/08/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dla

What do you think?

If one can afford it there is no shame in buying something one does not need. I am buying another plastic-framed pos because I miss the old one I had. Thankfully the price on this item is not inflated like in pretty much everything else because of stupid pathetic political mishandling of the Covid-19 pandemic.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Oxygen, food and water are needs, everything else is a want.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T10jumper
Oxygen, food and water are needs, everything else is a want.

Whoa...wait a minute...you forgot biscuits & gravy...definitely a need.

Wade

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For hunting and self defense all you really need is 1handgun, 1.22 rifle, 1 centerfire rifle of your favorite caliber, a muzzle loader & a shotgun. This should cover your gun needs, but wants have a mighty powerful pull on a man. Also in the event of a catastrophe an ar15 is a good idea. Matter of fact every red blooded American should own one.

Romans 5:1
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by dla

What do you think?

If one can afford it there is no shame in buying something one does not need. I am buying another plastic-framed pos because I miss the old one I had. Thankfully the price on this item is not inflated like in pretty much everything else because of stupid pathetic political mishandling of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Somebody forgot to write in their stilted ESL language.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (01Foreman400, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 54 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,463
Posts18,489,835
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.