Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
X
xarcher Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
X
Talking about harmless but nonetheless embarrassing things like painting your nails, playing with dolls, having a tea party. Our first granddaughter is on the way and I was having a discussion with a friend that warned me of what I was in for.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My granddaughter is too little for that still, but I did change a diaper for the first time in about 20 years. Just one grandkid so far, but enjoying every minute she is around.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Mine just turned 5 and I'd wear a pink bunny suit and hop around the yard if she wanted me to.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
#1 Granddaughter tells folks she like going down to Grandpa's basement and pulling his handle. That translates to Mooselette enjoys joining me at the press and helping out with the reloading. She also says her favorite thing in the world is going hunting with me, and that I'm the coolest dude at Turkey Camp.

Our most recent trip down to the farm together, she and I got to watch a major display of buck fighting. The big guys were giving a master class out in the field. This was the first time she's really been into using binos. She was enthralled.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I don't have any grandchildren but I can tell you point blank whatever my grandchildren want they will get, up to and including painting my nails.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Asked my 10 YO granddaughter if she would go to Gunnies (firearm and western wear store in Orem, UT) with me. She had no idea what Gunnies is, but agreed, and off we went. All the way there, she was asking if it was some kind of hardware store or something. I said that she would see when we got there.

So into the store we went, straight to the western wear section. Found her a blouse with bling on it, cute as heck. Then, I thought she needed a western belt to go with it. Then a hat. And some boots with torquoise embroidery at the top.

At home, she popped into the new clothes, and she really rocked that new outfit.

I may have gotten myself in trouble, though. The helpful sales clerk gave her a note with the address and phone number of a place she could sign up for riding lessons. She was very sure to give that to her mom.

That's one of the things you get to do with granddaughters.... spoil them a little.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have three granddaughters. They own me.

Sam......

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Congrats. You're about to experience a love like you've never felt before.

If I was at my other computer, I could post a pic of my then two year old granddaughter putting make up on me. She is 3 now and if she wanted me to put on a dress and have a tea party in the middle of a biker rally, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
8 grand kids, first 6 were girls.
Oldest is 18, youngest is 7.
Oldest is headed to college this fall, I''m sure she'll get a monthly donation from me in her checking account.
They are all perfect, hard not to spoil them, and I do.

"The older I get, the better I was"
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My granddaughter has me wrapped around her finger. I’d do just about anything for that girl.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
We’ve got two grand daughters, age 5 and 8. They are perfect. They went dove hunting and deer hunting this fall with their father, our son. And they loved every bit of it.
They have more toys than wal mart.
And their college education fund is pretty fat.

NRA Patron
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Two grandsons here, but yeah whatever they want.....
It drives our son batschidt crazy, the things we let them do in our house that he woulda taken a whoopin over.

FJB & FJT
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Pretty much what ever she wants. At Thanksgiving her dad (my oldest son) told his brother that they were second class citizens when compared to the granddaughter. He's not wrong. grin

3825 24336
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Her dad and I do almost anything she wants as long as she makes good grades. She likes hunting and guns. She killed this buck a month ago. Lots of you have seen her grow up. These pics are 8 to 18, she be a better shot than me now.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by hanco; 12/09/21.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Dang! Nice buck and she really turned into a beautiful young lady, hanco.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My granddaughter, Ginny, is almost 6 and as others have said, "she owns me"! Lol! I helped her put her swing set together this past summer, we play pretend, we have a great time together. One day Ginny and I were playing and I said to my daughter that I didn't remember her being this much fun! My daughter looked at me and said she didn't remember me being this much fun either! Ha!

Congrats on becoming a grandpa! It's a great thing!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Raeford
Two grandsons here, but yeah whatever they want.....
It drives our son batschidt crazy, the things we let them do in our house that he woulda taken a whoopin over.

You bet.
That’s just the way it is and ever will be at my place. It’s called Paw Paw’s privilege.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Great chronology of pics, hanco.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
You are a lucky man Hanco,she is a treasure ! I hope to have the same pictures in a few years.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Dog sitting while she has another beautiful great grand baby...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (Akhutr, beefan, 358wsm, 2500HD, bosshoff, 12 invisible), 1,396 guests, and 740 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.