Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Wasn't just gold, frankincense and myrrh they were hauling.

Curious also about their security entourage. High ballers don't go about like that without protection,

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Bible doesn't say how many of there there were. There were 3 gifts and somewhere back in history, it got assumed that there was 1 man for each gift. Considering what they were hauling, there were likely dozens of them with many being well armed. Then there were their servants.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
And what happened to the gifted gold? Sure, the frankincence and myrrh had "best before dates", but the gold could've been saved as a college fund.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yup, a lot of beliefs are based on traditions of men, songs and even nativity scenes.

The Star that guided them was a physical light that was created for the purpose of directing those who sought the Lord.
What it was is not relevant IMHO. Astronomers and astrologers speculated and I think that's what has proven so far..... it's just speculation. By faith we believe it to be true and it certainly is reasonable. This makes the record of it a blessing to those with faith in the Son of God.
God did something akin to this for forty years. A pillar of fire and a pillar of smoke to direct His people through the wilderness.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've read, it paid for the Flight to Egypt.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
God did something akin to this for forty years. A pillar of fire and a pillar of smoke to direct His people through the wilderness.

If they had followed the coastline instead it would have taken them only 2 weeks

Well?
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Good video... https://www.ebay.com/itm/141819304201

Cheaper other places.

Detailed math of the actual Star.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I've read, it paid for the Flight to Egypt.

God provided everything that young couple and Jesus needed for the time they were in Egypt in safety from the mass extermination that Herod carried out. I'm glad He put that in the Bible for us to know that He takes care of His own in times of need.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I'm glad He put that in the Bible for us to know that He takes care of His own in times of need.

He's just as happy to smite the living shit out of any of his other creations.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

If they had followed the coastline instead it would have taken them only 2 weeks

It's not a huge area. They must have been going in circles for 39.5 years.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm glad He put that in the Bible for us to know that He takes care of His own in times of need.

He will save you if that's what you want.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trump did it. I.e. lit it.

Last edited by Angus1895; 12/11/21.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bible Way to Heaven

https://youtu.be/dLKJYC5nY-E

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It did only take them a short time to get there. However, they sinned badly and God condemned them to stay in the desert until the current generation of fighting age men died off. When they finally went in, it was a young army. They did more or less move in circles. There was a couple million of them and it took a lot of provender for all their livestock. God provided food for the people for the entire time.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I did read somewhere that scientists said there was a supernova which would have been visible in Bethlehem around 3 or 4 BC.
Here’s another article I read a while back and had bookmarked.
The Christmas Star
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." οΏ½ Wesley Pruden

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

He will save you if that's what you want.

What’s the over/under on how many times that guy has ever gotten laid? Set the line at +1/2?

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It did only take them a short time to get there. However, they sinned badly and God condemned them to stay in the desert until the current generation of fighting age men died off. When they finally went in, it was a young army. They did more or less move in circles. There was a couple million of them and it took a lot of provender for all their livestock. God provided food for the people for the entire time.

They were much the same people before, during and after the exodus. Human nature doesn't change in 40 years. Beliefs are passed from generation to generation. If you could take a baby from that period and raise him in our society, he would be like one of us. It's a matter of environment and education. Something that an omnipotent creator of universes should be able to handle.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
"Faith."

Faith is one thing I’m envious of. Unfortunately I’m too cynical to embrace the concept. Seems like Life would be simpler with it than without it though.

Just ask for, 'IT", you may be pleasantly surprised.

This^^^^^^^^^^^

I will never impose MY God on another man... nor will I tolerate another man imposing his god, himself or his ideals upon me.

"Faith" to me (and me alone)... is knowing that when I stand alone against ANY adversary... OR fall down exhausted and helpless as a broke leg kitten... that I am NOT alone.

The power that provides me... to regain my footing has been lived for many years.

Sincere good luck to any man in HIS search for HIS "Faith"... and HIS God.

YMMV

------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Camper... in regard to Isaiah 9:3... reaps his harvest with a bush-hog... and thus the crop is lost... there is no joy... and there is no rejoicing.

Happy Camper worships a very different god than I.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

They were much the same people before, during and after the exodus. Human nature doesn't change in 40 years. Beliefs are passed from generation to generation. If you could take a baby from that period and raise him in our society, he would be like one of us. It's a matter of environment and education. Something that an omnipotent creator of universes should be able to handle.

The Jews have had an attitude as long as they've been Jews. They bitched and moaned from the day they left Egypt. When they refused to enter the promised land, God had had enough and was going to kill them on the spot. However, Moses begged him not to so instead God condemned them to wander in the wilderness until the current generation of men had died off. It was punishment for those who had sinned. It wasn't a change in their nature. Numbers 14 relates the event but it's too long to post here.
The people who had left Egypt had lived with the Egyptian gods for 400 years. They were given the law shortly after the exodus but they hadn't lived under it. After 40 years, the new generation had grown up in the law and were more used to how God wanted things done.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't buy that "Shining star" and depicted for one minute. They were Magi and there for were astrologers. They were following a planetary alignment, Jupiter, the king planet, in conjunction with the movements of Mars. If it was a shining star then anyone could follow it. The Magi did not go to Bethlehem as depicted, and were not present at Jesus's birth. They went to his house in Nazareth as much as two years later.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

270 members (204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 35 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,878
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.