Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I am looking at a real clean and nice early one in 6mm. Rem no iron sights. Still figuring out what it's worth. Mb

Just get it. You won’t be disappointed I have two of them. Both are great shooters and easy to tote

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First rifle of mine was gorgeous 6mm Rem ADL. Cracked two stocks I think because of the lower part of the follower slipping under the mag. I converted it to BDL and put on a Trigger Tech to feel safer. Nice fun little projects. Had to trim a tiny bit of wood to fit the new trigger but nothing requiring much skill,.

I made some great loads only to find them a touch too long for the SA magazine but tinker with seating depth and you a will find a length that works with 100 grain bullets. I preferred 85hpbt but couldn't find any and am now using 100 grain Pro Hunters. Both shoot great. I tried some Speer 105s which shot just okay, Still have some I think - if interested.

The 85's hit super hard and length is not an issue so I like 'em. .

Last edited by kenjs1; 11/19/21.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I'd say a clean old wood stocked 6mm model 7 would easily fetch 800+ right now.

I ran across one awhile back but it was just too far gone, sort of been looking for one to put a 257 roberts barrel on.

First rifle my dad bought me when I was 9 was a old school model 7 243, still have it. I remember him decking it out with kwik sights, a tasco, and gun chaps!

Last edited by killerv; 11/19/21.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Apologies to live2hunt941 for derailing his thread somewhat . What he gave for his is what I paid for one 14 years ago in decent shape but with the butt sawed off for a 12.5" pull. Figured it for my daughter but she never warmed up to hunting. Couldn 't really see away short of replacing the stock to fix it for.my use. So I sold it to a guy with 3 kids coming up
Found this one the other day at my local LGS it don t look like it has more than 2 boxes thru it and a few careless handling dents. We settled at 565+ tax it's nice and handles fast, will see how it works. Wish it would have had a longer barrel but it is what it is. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
You didn’t high jack anything. Good read, good buy let us know how it shoots

IC B2

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
You should go back and see if they have The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Live2hunt941
I think they made a few in 17 Remington. I do like the triple deuce.

I've got one in 17 Remington.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It shoots ok when I hold up my end. I am pretty sure I'll end up relieving the forend pressure point and shooting it without. .Free floated if that doesn't tighten up the groups then put in a 180 degree acraglass uniform pressure pt. Will look at glassing the frt lug and at the tang...mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 12/11/21.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
I enjoy a 6 mm in an early 700 bdl . Not quite a Model 7 but close for its an early one with 20 “ carbine barrel. Built in 1964 I call it my walk about varmit gun when I hike the hills in winter.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
You should go back and see if they have The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr.

Was back in my local gun shop yesterday. Purchased another model seven. It is 95% condition and a 222 Remington. Only cost me $500 out the door. The funniest part of the story. I showed him the response I received to the previous post on this forum. He politely stated, “ Why would anyone make a statement like that when they don’t even know you.” He said maybe he needs to read a book on how to have a little bit of class, and if you can’t say anything nice just don’t say it at all. His last words were someone needed to listen to their parents instead of reading a book. Myself, I just chalk it up to the world we live in.

Good, at your next circle jerk with him you can commiserate not having a sense of humor.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L

Was back in my local gun shop yesterday. Purchased another model seven. It is 95% condition and a 222 Remington. Only cost me $500 out the door. The funniest part of the story. I showed him the response I received to the previous post on this forum. He politely stated, “ Why would anyone make a statement like that when they don’t even know you.” He said maybe he needs to read a book on how to have a little bit of class, and if you can’t say anything nice just don’t say it at all. His last words were someone needed to listen to their parents instead of reading a book. Myself, I just chalk it up to the world we live in.

Good, at your next circle jerk with him you can commiserate not having a sense of humor.
. Your stupidity brings out everyone’s sense of humor with your irrelevant off topic post you can only be a stupid ass when trying to be a smart ass... just stick to gun topics and not being a jackass and you might be ok. Say all you want to say you have proved who you are already. Done with ya......

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I have not seen a Model 7 on the used shelf as long as I can remember. About 15 yrs ago I could have gotten one for $439 brand new with the maple stock. I went cheap and got the model 700 youth . I never liked it though. Then I bought a TC Venture for $449 cause I was still too cheap to spend a little extra on the model 7. All these years I wanted one. I would have been cheaper just buying the model 7 15 yrs ago. Now they seem real hard to find .

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

213 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 260Remguy, 264mag, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 31 invisible), 2,158 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,116
Posts18,483,456
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.