Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Muffin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
My vision since early on, testing began around aged 21, has been 20/10 - 20/15 for near and far, right up until my late 40's and then it began the 'age related' decline...........

For about 15 or so years have worn lenses for reading, and added lenses for distance about 10 years ago.............. with a gradual increase in strength, near and far.......

With the onset of the COVID fiasco I took a little more concerted effort to take a daily vitamin, adding extra C, D, A and ZINC...........

Since doing that I have recently shed my bi-focals, my distance vision while perhaps not back to perfect, is much better without the current prescription lenses than with.

I have gone back to wearing readers to read and compute, the strength of which is also less than my current prescription......

I find it difficult to believe that simply taking an over-the-counter, generic, nothing special vitamin supplement has produced this change.

Has anyone experienced such!?!?!?

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Most likely hyperopia, time and nuclear cataracts. Maybe a dash of elevated blood sugar. None of the above if you’ve already had cataract surgery.

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Your eye doctor likely has the information required to flesh out the full explanation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I used to see clearly, in fact I saw things my friends could not. 20/15 vision does that. I got over it with time. Take vitamins. Not getting better. Might have something to do with age, but it's not clear. The song below was rendered by Woody as recognition of my seniority.

The Great Historical Bum (The Bragging Song)
by Chad Mitchell Trio
(Woody Guthrie)

I was born about ten thousand years ago
There ain't nuthin' in this world that I don't know
I saw Peter Paul and Moses playin' ring-around-the-roses
And I'll whup the guy what says it isn't so

Well, I'm just a lonesome traveler, a great historical bum
Highly educated through history I have come
I built the Rock of Ages, it was in the year oh one
And that's about the biggest thing that Man has ever done

I saw Adam and Eve driven from the door
I'm the guy that picked the figleaves that they wore
And from behind the bushes peepin' saw the apple they was eatin'
And I swear that I'm the one that et the core

Now I built the garden of Eden, it was in the year oh two
Joined the apple-pickers union and I always paid my dues
I'm the man that signed the contract to raise the risin' sun

I taught Samson how to use his mighty hand
I showed Columbus to this happy land
And for Pharaoh's little kiddies I built all the pyramiddies
And to the Sahara carried all the sand

Now I was strawboss on the pyramids and the tower of Babel too
I opened up the ocean, let the mighty children through
I fought a million battles and I never lost a one

I taught Solomon his little ABC's
I'm the first one to eat Limburger cheese
And while floating down the bay with Methuseleh one day
I saw his whiskers floating in the breeze

Now I fought the revolution that set this country free
It was me and a couple of Indians that dumped the Boston tea
I won the battle of Valley Forge and the battle of Bully Run

Now Queen Elizabeth she fell in love with me
We were married in Milwaukee secretly
But I got tired and shook her and ran off with General Hooker
To go shootin' skeeters down in Tennessee

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
My wife told me about some new Rx drops about to hit the market... age 40 to 55...

Supposed to fix a good bit of loss.

I'll post up a link if I find one.

No insurance coverage and about $80/month... but who cares.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
I forgot to add that your eye doctor would love to discuss and explain your observations about your vision change and would have a ready reply.

With respect to [Vuity], the new eye drop alluded to, it (as pilocarpine 1, 2, 3, or 4%) has a long history of use to treat glaucoma, but was supplanted by other medicines with more convenient dosing schedules and less side effects starting before 1988 (whenever [Timoptic] was approved) and especially after 1996 when I believe [Xalatan] was approved. I don’t believe the dosing schedule will matter much since duration of action is around 6 hours.

The side effect of headache may in fact be realized given the mechanism of action of pilocarpine, but the manufacturer’s choice of concentration (1.25%) may in fact ameliorate that side effect - or not. A confounding factor is that the age group which would benefit most from this medicine is an age group which is more likely to experience headache from its use.

The red eyes referenced in the CBS News article are not readily explained (by me anyway) by the pharmacology of parasympathomimetic drugs and may be a mild hypersensitivity reaction.

As above, I believe your eye doctor would love to have a conversation about [Vuity] and its use.

Last edited by Earls1st; 12/13/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CashisKing
My wife told me about some new Rx drops about to hit the market... age 40 to 55...

Is that approved by Fauci?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
The Faucman has been somewhat clear about that which he approves.

Last edited by Earls1st; 12/13/21.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Sudden change in vision is a side effect of diabetes! Get checked soon! I shared an office with a guy years ago, started complaining of vision change. Went and got glasses, a month later vision problems again! Diabetes was the reason, he never knew he had diabetes, until the vision changes. Something to think about!

M
Muffin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Heym06
Sudden change in vision is a side effect of diabetes! Get checked soon! I shared an office with a guy years ago, started complaining of vision change. Went and got glasses, a month later vision problems again! Diabetes was the reason, he never knew he had diabetes, until the vision changes. Something to think about!

Even for vision IMPROVING!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Most multi-vitamins these days have AREDS vitamins includes. If you don't know what it is, search AREDS. They are a group of supplements that help reduce eye problems as you age.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beetus!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Possible, most likely not. I believe in the diabetes checks regularly. After my friends vision changed. But also because I lost a sister to diabetes, when she was 18. Never hurts to get tested. Input what you do with it is your choice!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Muffin
My vision since early on, testing began around aged 21, has been 20/10 - 20/15 for near and far, right up until my late 40's and then it began the 'age related' decline...........

For about 15 or so years have worn lenses for reading, and added lenses for distance about 10 years ago.............. with a gradual increase in strength, near and far.......

With the onset of the COVID fiasco I took a little more concerted effort to take a daily vitamin, adding extra C, D, A and ZINC...........

Since doing that I have recently shed my bi-focals, my distance vision while perhaps not back to perfect, is much better without the current prescription lenses than with.

I have gone back to wearing readers to read and compute, the strength of which is also less than my current prescription......

I find it difficult to believe that simply taking an over-the-counter, generic, nothing special vitamin supplement has produced this change.

Has anyone experienced such!?!?!?
Hmm. Based on that, I might add A to my daily vitamin regimen. I already do the C,D, and Zinc.

M
Muffin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Possible, most likely not. I believe in the diabetes checks regularly. After my friends vision changed. But also because I lost a sister to diabetes, when she was 18. Never hurts to get tested. Input what you do with it is your choice!

Regular bloodwork for diabetes, that one doesn't seem to be causing it.

( . Y . )
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Anecdotal for sure, but my Dad stopped needing his reading glasses after wearing them for years after he started taking Vitamin A. Maybe it was that, maybe not, but it was all that he could think of that might have caused it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Link

https://www.insider.com/fda-approved-eye-drops-could-replace-reading-glasses-for-millions-2021-12

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

this.

perhaps along with taking the vitamins you began to watch your diet? I was almost freaking blind. Family suggested checking blood sugar. It was 415, so yeah.

I got my blood sugar under control on my own but a little while later my doctor put me on metformin, but my vision is night and day different.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Earls1st
Your eye doctor likely has the information required to flesh out the full explanation.

A doctor will not tell you if vitamins are beneficial. Doctors think vitamins, and any supplement from the health food store, are garbage. And, doctors are about half full of crap.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by reivertom
Most multi-vitamins these days have AREDS vitamins includes. If you don't know what it is, search AREDS. They are a group of supplements that help reduce eye problems as you age.

According to my eye doc, Macu-Health is better, at least for my eyes, which have precursers to macular degeneration. It has all the stuff Areds has, plus an additional important element.

Dunno if he gets a kick back from them or not...... smile.

About $80 IIRC, for a 90 day supply. Pharmacies don't carry it, at least up here. I have mine on automatic renewal. If I run out or forget to take some on trips for any length, I use the Areds.

Vitamin A overdoses you don't want, so be careful. Polar bear liver is toxic because of it.

But then, I don't see polar bear liver in supermarkets much. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 61 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.