-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone one have experience with these using the ballistic date on the SD card? Would like to get a pair of RF binos with ballistic data and am thinking about getting a pair of these.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been extremely happy with mine, but I have not used the customizable data via the SD card.
I use the Equivalent Horizontal Range feature of the rangefinder, which corrects lasered slant range not only for angle, but also for temperature and pressure, and converts it all to a sea level, std day value. Then, I only need one dope card for a particular load - one for sea level std day. I just shoot or dial to the EHR value whether I'm at 700 feet or 7000 feet.

Do you have the owner's manual for this bino - can get it online. I don't recall what dissuaded me from using the SD ballistics - maybe just because the EHR was so simple and appicable to any rifle I use with this bino, as long as I have sea level dope for that load.

I recommend that bino highly, even more for optical quality than for the rangefinder, though the rangefinder is great.

Good luck,
Rex

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Yes, I have a data card for every caliber and bullet weight that I own and use the cards exclusively. For me it’s excellent, range the animal and tells me how many clicks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The HD-B only provides elevation corrections. I don't take the time to set up cards. I did a couple when the unit was new, but that was it. I still use printed dope sheets and a sometimes a Kestral.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Happen with mine for varmint hunting. You can customize ballistic data on Leica website and save to SD card for use with HD-B.

NRA lifetime member
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So the advice to look at the owners manual turned out to be good advice. As I read through it, I realized I did not like the way mils are presented in the firing solution. There was also a video about how to "tune" the data that I understood but was not something I was real crazy about.

I am a Kestrel, rangefinder, card taped to my rifle stock kind of a guy and was hoping to get a quality pair of RF binos to bridge what I do. I really like Leica optics and the ergos of these units are nice but am not sure ballistic tools are what I want.

More thought is needed I guess

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I have had the HD b s for several years, and have it set on mils for my 243 and 105s. It has been spot on in all conditions. It makes precise adjustments on steep Inclines, and declines and has worked spot on even in -20* conditions. As to your comment on mils. It not a big deal. When I range something, I get a number from my rangefinder, say 15. (As in 15 clicks). I simply add the decimal and dial 1.5 mils. Range a coyote way out there, rangefinder says 27, I dial 2.7 mils of elevation, and am ready to go. Can't get much easier than that. On a personal note, the glass in my Leica is excellent, and the rangefinder works excellent,even in snowy, sunny conditions. I have had no issues, or complaints.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yes, you are probably right, not a big deal. Thanks for your real world perspective.

Question - did enter your own data in custom profile via the SD card or just use one of the standard firing solutions?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have the 3200.coms so mine has the BT app and as atse did I set my zero on yds and correction in mils add decimal point.

I will soon upgrade my kestrel to a BT unit that will take the Leica yardage and do all the conversion on the kestrel automatically.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Ghostwalker
Yes, you are probably right, not a big deal. Thanks for your real world perspective.

Question - did enter your own data in custom profile via the SD card or just use one of the standard firing solutions?

I entered my own info. 105 Berger hybrids at 3050 fps. ect. ect. My 2 cents, the standard firing solutions will be pretty good, your exact information will be really good.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (10ring1, 19rabbit52, 160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 3,174 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,630
Posts18,533,194
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.