Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Opened up a new case of Wild Turkey 101.
Not been a good year.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Watched a big feral cat working the edge of the field 2nd one this week

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Beat the brakes off em this morning, 4 limits and a double banded drake mallard with a $100 reward band.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

TR,

You’re killing me !

You and Yellow dog are racking up some impressive numbers. Congrats!

I tried to get out yesterday morning for a good hunt. Got to the boat ramp and my recently gone through motor started, then it died, never to start again.

Boat back on the trailer and home. Boat goes back to the repair shop in the morning. Mechanic will see a “WTF” look on my face.

I’m looking for a new 50 hp outboard prop right now.

🦫

Duck hunting kills equipment. My God at the budget. But them mallards, breaking their necks to get down is worth it all.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Not a damned thing!

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Making two round chisel handles from one square stick.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Finishing up a couple of projects in my shop.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PWN
[Linked Image]

2 days remaining in the season on these critters. My GSP has been finding a few near the home place on the new farm during our evening or weekend walks. This evening on our walk to the mailbox I decided to carry my Grandfather's old Texas Ranger single shot shotgun. I think it is over 100 years old. It is the first gun I can remember ever seeing in our house and I am nearly 60. They were sold by Montgomery Wards in the early 1900s. I loaded a light field load of 7.5 shot in the old gun. On the way back to the house with a couple of packages I see my dog locked down tight on point in the woods North of my drive. I leave the packages in my gravel drive and walk up to my dog. I don't flush the bird on this point and she repositions a shot distance away and locks down again. This time the bird flushes and I make a clean kill between some oak trees on a hilside below the house. Mickie, my 6 year old GSP, retrieves the bird to hand. It has been a long time since I have killed a woodcock. It was great to watch my dog doing such nice work on this bird and felt great to take the bird with the old shotgun. I think this evenings activities qualify as the most fun with my clothes on today.

Great pic and story.

I see one or two most years while poking around my WMA. No dog, but I miss bird hunting and may lay the xbow aside next year and get back in the game a bit before my old bones give out for good.

This year’s was bumped while dragging my deer cart back to its hiding place. Classic flush, easy quartering away shot with no aerial shenanigans, and me with no shotgun. Crap Crap Crap.

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I gave the borough I work for and it's citizens an early Christmas gift. we have a sitting councilman who has field somewhere arouna hundred complaints about trespassers on an adjacent property to his. its an old facoty property. he files complaints against the police for "not doing anything yada yada yada. tonight I handed every citizen in attendance a packet of over 30 photograpghs of this same councilman trespasssing on the evry same property. I then asked all in attendance if they had any questuions for the esteemed representative regarding trespassing

I have neevr seen anyone's face turn that red before

That's awesome. grin grin grin

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We don't have the huge flocks of starlings here but we have enough to make a big mess. A few years back, one snowy day there was a big flock at the far end of the driveway, about 100 yds. They took off and headed straight at the house as I watched them out a window. They flew at about 3' above the ground until just before the house and then went vertical over the roof. As they went up, every one of them crapped and splattered all over the front of the house. It froze on immediately and it was 2 months before we got enough warm weather to wash it off.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
A company I own stock in announced yesterday it’s getting bought out by Pfizer. I was up $390,000 in one day with more to come.

That was pretty fun.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I gave the borough I work for and it's citizens an early Christmas gift. we have a sitting councilman who has field somewhere arouna hundred complaints about trespassers on an adjacent property to his. its an old facoty property. he files complaints against the police for "not doing anything yada yada yada. tonight I handed every citizen in attendance a packet of over 30 photograpghs of this same councilman trespasssing on the evry same property. I then asked all in attendance if they had any questuions for the esteemed representative regarding trespassing

I have neevr seen anyone's face turn that red before

excellent

for me in the last 24 hours? I ate a homeade apple spice cookie with cream cheese icing....sigh....I need to get out more.

Last edited by KFWA; 12/14/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I coughed up some phlegm.

LOL
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I got the lights behind the stained glass windows in the she-room turned on. It's the last room to get done in our new home, and now my wife gets to decorate and furnish it. She now has the ponds, she-shed, she-patio and she-room she's always wanted. Might be time for another gun for me....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
A company I own stock in announced yesterday it’s getting bought out by Pfizer. I was up $390,000 in one day with more to come.

That was pretty fun.

Ka-Ching !

Congrats !

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I had a soul-satisfying dump yesterday evening that still had me feeling at peace with the world an hour later.

Dale

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bpas105
I got the lights behind the stained glass windows in the she-room turned on. It's the last room to get done in our new home, and now my wife gets to decorate and furnish it. She now has the ponds, she-shed, she-patio and she-room she's always wanted. Might be time for another gun for me....

Another gun or 5...

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Amazeballs PWN!

Coolest thing I've seen/read in a long time here.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Oldest son had two dunks in their game against a rival school last night. That was fun to watch.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
This morning, I somehow slid about 20 feet on ice and managed to stay on my feet. That was “fun”.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Attended the Cardinals and Rams game last night with my son, nephew, and son's friend. 900 dollar seats that we got months ago for 100 dollars apiece. That was fun...

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 1,883 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,875
Posts18,497,665
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.