Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Rlhunter0403
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
about the Benelli Lupo but the thing shoots. I have read several reviews of this rifle and they all have said the same thing (more or less) "this rifle has some odd looks, but it shoots exceptional." Keep in mind I have no first hand experience with it, but that could change very soon.

One review that I read even said that "out of the box accuracy is the best we have ever tested." I believe that was Guns&Ammo. Watch the video below to see the grouping the lady in the video shot. So say what you want about its looks, its a very accurate rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbnAiZyrz4k&t=331s

........................In the you tube search bar type in "Beyond the Rifle."....There are 12 episodes 1 through 12 that thoroughly and completely break down the Benelli Lupo from stem to stern and soup to nuts; features, action, bolt, barrel, chassis, stock, construction, quality control, manufacturing, magazine, design, maintenance, the why's for this and why's for that..........I was wondering what about this rifle could justify a $1699 MSRP price point. $1499 in the US. Well after seeing all 12 episodes I found that answer. That price imo is well justified.

Now I know this rifle has less of a traditional design especially with its trigger guard and stock grip design. Many on here at first glance. "Ugly" "Fuggly" "Wouldn't show up to deer or elk camp with it." "Hideous" etc and etc.....I get it! I understand. All well and good.

However, the innovations and quality control that go into this rifle are not only outstanding but do exceed most if not all rifle makers. And the more I look at it, the more appealing it becomes. If any of you are considering this rifle as I am, then I suggest a viewing on you tube "Beyond the Rifle" episodes 1 through 12.

Especially for those who may consider one, episodes 1 thru 12 really gets into the entire gutts of this rifle. My interest will be to see if there will be more chamberings other than what is being currently offered now which are the 243 Win, 6.5 Creed, 270 Win, 30-06, and 300 Win. In one of the episodes a Benelli rep or spokesman said that there will be more offerings.

Yes my thoughts exactly! As I look more at the innovation in this rifle and how it shoots, the more it grows on me. I personally think benelli has hit a home run with this gun. I hope it sells well enough to continue the line. It’s kind of nice to see a rifle that has a lot of innovative ideas built into it, but can also shoot well. Who knows maybe benelli becomes a major player in the rifle biz
.............You and me think alike. The next issue to look at is parts availability, which according to a Benelli USA rep should not be any problem. What I will be interested in watching for, is if the Lupo will be chambered in more 6.5s, (not just the Creed; I'm sick of hearing and reading about the Creed) such as the PRC and 6.5/284. I also want to see their choice of chamberings in 7mm and more 30 cal choices to include the 300 PRC.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

HR IC

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
about the Benelli Lupo but the thing shoots. I have read several reviews of this rifle and they all have said the same thing (more or less) "this rifle has some odd looks, but it shoots exceptional." Keep in mind I have no first hand experience with it, but that could change very soon.

One review that I read even said that "out of the box accuracy is the best we have ever tested." I believe that was Guns&Ammo. Watch the video below to see the grouping the lady in the video shot. So say what you want about its looks, its a very accurate rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbnAiZyrz4k&t=331s

........................In the you tube search bar type in "Beyond the Rifle."....There are 12 episodes 1 through 12 that thoroughly and completely break down the Benelli Lupo from stem to stern and soup to nuts; features, action, bolt, barrel, chassis, stock, construction, quality control, manufacturing, magazine, design, maintenance, the why's for this and why's for that..........I was wondering what about this rifle could justify a $1699 MSRP price point. $1499 in the US. Well after seeing all 12 episodes I found that answer. That price imo is well justified.

Now I know this rifle has less of a traditional design especially with its trigger guard and stock grip design. Many on here at first glance. "Ugly" "Fuggly" "Wouldn't show up to deer or elk camp with it." "Hideous" etc and etc.....I get it! I understand. All well and good.

However, the innovations and quality control that go into this rifle are not only outstanding but do exceed most if not all rifle makers. And the more I look at it, the more appealing it becomes. If any of you are considering this rifle as I am, then I suggest a viewing on you tube "Beyond the Rifle" episodes 1 through 12.

Especially for those who may consider one, episodes 1 thru 12 really gets into the entire gutts of this rifle. My interest will be to see if there will be more chamberings other than what is being currently offered now which are the 243 Win, 6.5 Creed, 270 Win, 30-06, and 300 Win. In one of the episodes a Benelli rep or spokesman said that there will be more offerings.

Yes my thoughts exactly! As I look more at the innovation in this rifle and how it shoots, the more it grows on me. I personally think benelli has hit a home run with this gun. I hope it sells well enough to continue the line. It’s kind of nice to see a rifle that has a lot of innovative ideas built into it, but can also shoot well. Who knows maybe benelli becomes a major player in the rifle biz
.............You and me think alike. The next issue to look at is parts availability, which according to a Benelli USA rep should not be any problem. What I will be interested in watching for, is if the Lupo will be chambered in more 6.5s, (not just the Creed; I'm sick of hearing and reading about the Creed) such as the PRC and 6.5/284. I also want to see their choice of chamberings in 7mm and more 30 cal choices to include the 300 PRC.

You aren’t kidding we think alike. That rifle in a 6.5-284 would be insanely good. 280 AI would also be a great gun.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I got one in 300wm. It is easily the most accurate factory rifle I ever shot. I kind of wanted to hate it because it is so damn ugly, but it grew on me once I realized how stupid accurate it is with anything I feed it. I started with Federal Blue Box 180gr and I thought I was hallucinating after the first couple of groups I shot after sighting it in. Other than looks, there's absolutely nothing NOT to like about these rifles. I like how heavy it is for a plastic stock rifle. I think anyone would be impressed if they haven't shot one yet.

Last edited by Mach3; 12/14/21.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
It just looks like a Tikka with an oddly shaped trigger guard to me. Ugly? Subjective. Pride of ownership? Subjective. Does it function as it should? Objective. Is it as accurate as "they" say it is? Objective on a case by case basis. You want pretty? Buy the nicest Weatherby you can find. You want functional? A lot of the ugliest are very functional (Dodge, Glock, KLM, Carhart, Margaret Thatcher, etc., etc.).

I'd like to try one to see what all of the fuss is about. However (hypocrite alert), I don't see myself ever crapping out north of 1000 clams for one.
...............Yup. All subjective......However if I were in the market for a new rifle, I would shell out the $1499 just to challenge myself to see if I could get some 3 shot 1 hole groupings using the same factory ammo in the video.....Now that particular 3 shot group in the video may be an anomaly. But regardless, I have never seen a Browning, a Weatherby, a Winchester, a Ruger, a Tikka, a Fierce, a Christensen, a Bergara, a Nosler, or any other rifle custom or otherwise shoot a grouping quite like that.,,,,,With the right ammo, they all can come close or very close. But not like that imo.....

I have with a Tikka and a new Mark V 257

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
No experience with the Lupo but I have lots with the Benelli r1. It does not surprise me that the rifle shoots so well as the Benelli r1 shoots ridiculously well for an auto loader.

Benelli puts a good barrel on their rifles.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I resent that. A Glock is like a young Barbara Eden beside the Lupo.

Yeah, that shows my age but Barbara was HOT!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by akaSawDoctor
No experience with the Lupo but I have lots with the Benelli r1. It does not surprise me that the rifle shoots so well as the Benelli r1 shoots ridiculously well for an auto loader.

Benelli puts a good barrel on their rifles.

Do you have an older R1 or the newer model?

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I’ve bought 2 since 2012

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

They made some changes to them to increase accuracy.
Originally Posted by akaSawDoctor
I’ve bought 2 since 2012

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
So we’re judging the precision of the rifle model based on just 3 shots fired by a self-admittedly mediocre shooter who is shooting in the wind, from a single sample of the rifle? That could easily be a lucky group, or it could be the most accurate rifle that will ever come off Benelli’s line.

Big deal! Too many people place too much value on accuracy that they aren’t capable of using. The most accurate rifle in the hands of an average guy won’t produce the results of a 1 1/2 inch gun in the hands of a shooter.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Ergonomically the few that I have hefted have been a disappointment in handling and feel, they are not that sleek and feel clubby.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
They surely could have put a few more triangles, gaps, slashes, and such in that sucker.

But it looks like it shoots.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not my cup of tea for that price. But, Maybe they are just trying something new and pushing the futuristic look. Little ahead of its time?
For me and for that price, I’ll just grab 2 tikkas instead and be set.
Also, Not sure why all the hate on that shooter. She shot an amazing group, obviously has to be doing something right.

Last edited by Dre; 12/15/21.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I know 2 people that use them. One is a 270W and the other is a 30-06. Both of them are very happy with them and shoot them extremely good, both only use factory ammo. Rifles, like all our equipment, are personal and subjective, that's why they make so much different stuff.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
To each his own I reckon. I have many rifles from many manufacturers in many chamberings...variety being the spice of life. I bought the Binelli R1 years ago and it's my "go to" rifle. Reliable and unbelievably accurate for a auto-loader. That being said, I bought the Lupo as well in 300 WM...the apprearance doesn't offend me at all. But I've never been one to care what others think about the looks of my rifle choices.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

You gotta stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
FWIW I think the Browning BLR to be absolutely hideous.
And find many other rifles/ scopes less than pleasing aesthetically.

But thats just looks.

And if it fits, shoots well, and kills clean.....the its a good rifle

Dont give a damn about what others think. They may have a prettier rifle at the range. Proly bang a porker when they get home

Spend the money how ya want.

Ive not handled a Benelli Lupo yet.

My Steyr Prohunter is standing next to a Ruger #1 in my safe. Ugly is OK.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by hookeye
FWIW I think the Browning BLR to be absolutely hideous.
And find many other rifles/ scopes less than pleasing aesthetically.

But thats just looks.

And if it fits, shoots well, and kills clean.....the its a good rifle

Dont give a damn about what others think. They may have a prettier rifle at the range. Proly bang a porker when they get home

Spend the money how ya want.

Ive not handled a Benelli Lupo yet.

My Steyr Prohunter is standing next to a Ruger #1 in my safe. Ugly is OK.

lol I agree^^^ It’s not a phuqking fashion contest when you are out hunting.

I’d grab my Benelli R1 first out of the many I own. It’s just a good rifle that handles all situations well. Doesn’t matter to me whether it’s pretty. It does it’s job better than most.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 69 invisible), 2,096 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,773
Posts18,495,725
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.