Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Does Kraft make the Best choice brand CC?

Or does it come straight off the boat from red China?

#askingforafriend

Wonder if it's like milk. Code on the carton will tell you which plant bottled it. Here, we have a couple of brands, sometimes $1 a gallon difference in price. Same plant code, same milk. Odds are, just like store bread and Wonder Bread where I used to work. Just change the bags/labels. Same bread, exactly the same bread.

I’m betting his Best Choice box has either an SJ or SH (or distant third LO) embedded on the code on the end flap.

Sounds like you might know the deal.

How many plants in the US make cream cheese? Has to be a good number of them?

I don't know total. Kraft has the biggest share, their main plant is in New York. They used to have a line in Springfield, MO but shut it down several years ago. There are dozens of companies making cream cheese, but 3 or 4 of them make up like 95% of total volume. Next biggest player (that I know more about....) has 3 facilities cranking out cream cheese, one in the west, one in the south, one in the northeast. As soon as lines are installed they are full on capacity. Total market is up 30-35% for the year. When you're already running at max capacity, you increase that capacity and it is immediately full, and demand is up by 1/3, its hard to keep the shelves stocked. I swung by the dairy aisle at walmart last night. No Kraft, no Great Value, nothing. Granted, it was about 7 at night and might not have been restocked at that moment, but nobody was going to be making jalapeno poppers or cheese cakes if they needed any. Luckily, I've got a couple cases of 8 ounce bars in the garage fridge.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

#askingforafriend

Wonder if it's like milk. Code on the carton will tell you which plant bottled it. Here, we have a couple of brands, sometimes $1 a gallon difference in price. Same plant code, same milk. Odds are, just like store bread and Wonder Bread where I used to work. Just change the bags/labels. Same bread, exactly the same bread.

I’m betting his Best Choice box has either an SJ or SH (or distant third LO) embedded on the code on the end flap.

I don't know total. Kraft has the biggest share, their main plant is in New York. They used to have a line in Springfield, MO but shut it down several years ago. There are dozens of companies making cream cheese, but 3 or 4 of them make up like 95% of total volume. Next biggest player (that I know more about....) has 3 facilities cranking out cream cheese, one in the west, one in the south, one in the northeast. As soon as lines are installed they are full on capacity. Total market is up 30-35% for the year. When you're already running at max capacity, you increase that capacity and it is immediately full, and demand is up by 1/3, its hard to keep the shelves stocked. I swung by the dairy aisle at walmart last night. No Kraft, no Great Value, nothing. Granted, it was about 7 at night and might not have been restocked at that moment, but nobody was going to be making jalapeno poppers or cheese cakes if they needed any. Luckily, I've got a couple cases of 8 ounce bars in the garage fridge.

No cream cheese made in MT Vernon MO ?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Now I hear that Kraft is 'asking' it's customers to back off of holiday cheesecakes....WTF

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by ldholton

#askingforafriend

No cream cheese made in MT Vernon MO ?

Nor any of the other Missouri plants. Not enough milk base anymore in this area to support it. Need a few 10,000 cow dairies...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Raeford
Now I hear that Kraft is 'asking' it's customers to back off of holiday cheesecakes....WTF

Don't see that happening. This is the time when I start makin 'em.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The winn dixie had cases of the cheap stuff in a center open-top cooler.

I got 2 bricks because im not a dick

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

#askingforafriend

Well crap, had we known all this insider info, we could have invested heavily in cream cheese futures!

Interesting that the "pandemic" has had this much of an effect on something like cream cheese. I'd guess we eat about the same amount every year at our house. I use it on toast in the morning sometimes, every once in awhile on pancakes or waffles along with some preserves, we use it to hide meds in for the dogs, and the odd cheese based dessert. And I make cream cheese and jelly sandwiches every so often too. I look at it as a staple, as it was always around growing up, so I try to make sure there's always a package or two in the fridge.

I think the PHilly package that's open now has a B3 code?

and the Best Yet store brand has the date, followed by LO and below that a 4A5 mark.

Those cream cheese guys better start getting their stuff together, or there will be riots in the streets, especially where bagels are popular!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Geno,

3 pages ago…

Russian hackers. Not the pandemic.

Sheesh!

Hold into concentration.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Cheesy knows his cheese.

The best choice sports the SJ code on the flap.

Is that like the Philadelphia CC, but made on 3rd shift?

😂

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You fuggers sure know a lot about cream cheese.

#creamycampfiredudes

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
You fuggers sure know a lot about cream cheese.

#creamycampfiredudes

Don't know a lot, other than it was considered a "staple" in our house growing up. Just like bread, butter, milk, coffee etc.
Geno,

3 pages ago…

Russian hackers. Not the pandemic.

Sheesh!

Hold into concentration.

#fugginrussiansfugginupeverythingthechinesehaven'talreadyfuggedup.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Lots here @ the Chinese embassy.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pow! Looks like it's all going to Alaska

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Lots here @ the Chinese embassy.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Haven’t been in there since slummy worked at Johns Manville.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Haven't you heard , the latest thing is smoked cream cheese on the pellet grill. Haven't tried it yet. But sure sounds good. I sure enjoy it on crackers with some jalapeno jelly.

Roughly half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HankMcMauser
Haven't you heard , the latest thing is smoked cream cheese on the pellet grill. Haven't tried it yet. But sure sounds good. I sure enjoy it on crackers with some jalapeno jelly.

That does sound good.

Make some dips with it also.

Try it and report back.

Dave

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (907brass, AKislander, 300_savage, Anaconda, 8 invisible), 1,549 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,577
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.