Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 27 1 2 3 4 26 27
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Let's just say that our daughters will be, the grandkids will be, someday their kids...

A couple of snoddy do nothing grandkids with an opioid and gambling addiction will severe that dream

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Got lucky & lived the American dream.

Bastards set the goalposts back along the way.

Figure you need at least 5 million these days to even approximate what a millionaire was when most of us started our careers

Ten million today would be roughly speaking equivalent to one million in the early 1980’s.

Ramsey is good advice for people in bad positions. But he is all wrong when it comes to borrowing money for people that know what they are doing. I’ll borrow all day long and as much as the bank will give at these interest rates. There are a few investments that make it a no brainer to borrow. For one real estate here as increased 20% a year for the last ten years I have been tracking it. Crypto you can very easily get 3 to 5X returns on. As well as some dangerous opportunities at 100X. Not that I advise that.

The stock market for the most part has only been keeping pace with inflation. Sure there are some stand out equities but on a whole there are better places to make money.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
In the last year lots of people have become millionaires as their home and vehicle values have soared. The tax man knows it, too.

No Chit.......Got my 2021 tax bill a couple weeks ago. Value went up $72,668 from 2020. My taxes went up $682.72. There's a little note on the bottom that says: "Reminder: Your 2020 taxes were reduced by $269.06 due to Gov. Little's one time tax reduction." Guess that is supposed to make it feel better.........

What would make me feel better is to reduce my taxes and not have a $800M Surplus for the State to spend. There's only 1.85 Million people in the State - there's some math that is hard to understand.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yes, been one for a bit, but it is all in property and the bank.
When I sold the old house that put me over a million by quite a bit.
If I liquidated everything it could hit almost 2, but it took 45 years of working, it was not overnight.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
[quote=2legit2quit]

The stock market for the most part has only been keeping pace with inflation.

Actually it's averaged 9% or more. Inflation isn't even close.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
In the last year lots of people have become millionaires as their home and vehicle values have soared. The tax man knows it, too.

No Chit.......Got my 2021 tax bill a couple weeks ago. Value went up $72,668 from 2020. My taxes went up $682.72. There's a little note on the bottom that says: "Reminder: Your 2020 taxes were reduced by $269.06 due to Gov. Little's one time tax reduction." Guess that is supposed to make it feel better.........

What would make me feel better is to reduce my taxes and not have a $800M Surplus for the State to spend. There's only 1.85 Million people in the State - there's some math that is hard to understand.

We have conceded to the government on all levels and mediums! I doubt we’ll ever regain control of the situation.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
If you're including your primary residence to put you over the top .... you are fooling yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Let's just say that our daughters will be, the grandkids will be, someday their kids...

A couple of snoddy do nothing grandkids with an opioid and gambling addiction will severe that dream

Sure a lot of Millennials today that seem like they are just waiting for their parents to die.....topic for another thread.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
A million ain’t what it used to be ..

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
[quote=2legit2quit]

The stock market for the most part has only been keeping pace with inflation.

Actually it's averaged 9% or more. Inflation isn't even close.

Most economist agree that inflation has been rising at around 14 to 16% a year!

But if you believe big brothers numbers based on bull hit CPI. Well nobody can help you.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 12/17/21.

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
The other side of it is, it's what you get to KEEP, not what ya got.

I see a lot of projections and situations while helping people with retirement decisions, where $600,000 beats $1m if the tax man isn't involved.

As for me, I am only 41 so it will be a while. Paying off debt and working the plan.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Partsman
If I liquidated everything it could hit almost 2, but it took 45 years of working, it was not overnight.

Miss Lynn gonna hit you up for a new set of tars for her Mexican Pinto. lol

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by OldSchool_BestSchool
If you're including your primary residence to put you over the top .... you are fooling yourself.

That would depend on a few things. Mainly your homes value at time of sale, and price of new home to downsize at time of sale.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldSchool_BestSchool

All I did was subtract debits from assets as Dave stated. Simple math. Didn't say anything about retiring (but always a goal) - I still have 10 years to go before I retire. Probably more than that. If I live that long......

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Partsman

Miss Lynn gonna hit you up for a new set of tars for her Mexican Pinto. lol

Hahahaha!

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
The other side of it is, it's what you get to KEEP, not what ya got.

I see a lot of projections and situations while helping people with retirement decisions, where $600,000 beats $1m if the tax man isn't involved.

As for me, I am only 41 so it will be a while. Paying off debt and working the plan.

Very true. Capital preservation #1, gains #2.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
A millionaire of my childhood would have to have between 10 and 20M today.

I used to watch the one billion prices project to know what real inflation was. Today, one must simply judge for himself. It's a disaster, now. Fjb.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've heard that a million dollars isn't a lot of money many times. Uh huh, ever tried to save that much? Recently there was a thread where someone wondered what to do with $1-2000. People were calling that small amounts of money. Walmart built an empire 27 cents at a time. $1000 is a fortune. How long can you live on $1000? Invest it for 30 years and how long can you live?

Money is a subject we never discuss publicly, which is a shame. It's the most important topic of your life.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We're doing well enough.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
One major medical, impacting the ability to earn for someone carrying a high debt to equity ratio and life quickly becomes a goat rope.
Think hard when considering leveraging borrowed dollars.
You could leave a mess for your family to clean up.
Being 100% debt free has a feeling that has to be felt to appreciate.

Page 2 of 27 1 2 3 4 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,840
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.